Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=534)
-   -   WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack Causes Issues with Universe Mode, Patch Being Worked On (/forums/showthread.php?t=873735)

Steve_OS 01-28-2016 03:42 PM

WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack Causes Issues with Universe Mode, Patch Being Worked On

An Update on the WWE 2K16 Future Stars DLC patch fix for Universe Mode

For those of you having issues with Universe Mode save files, after purchasing the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack released yesterday, 2K and the development team have created a patch to resolve the issues.

While no release date on the fix has been announced, they are working with Sony and Microsoft to have it released as quicky as they possibly can. Check out the details below on the fixes that will come from the upcoming patch.
  • WWE Universe changes will now save properly when exiting the mode or restarting the title
  • Users who did not previously install the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack and install Patch 5 before installing the DLC should not encounter any issues in WWE Universe
  • Users who installed the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack on Patch 4 and encountered issues with Universe elements resetting will not be able to recover their exact pre-Future Stars Pack installation WWE Universe save state. Ongoing rivalries, calendar changes, and Championship changes that were previously set will not be restored automatically. All impacted items can be manually readjusted. Additionally, affected users should not have to reset their entire Universe save state to continue playing the mode, which will now save changes properly.

UPDATE: (1-30) 2K has temporarily pulled the WWE 2K16 Future Stars pack.

Quote:

As the development team continues working on the patch fix for the Universe Mode save issue connected to the Future Stars Pack, we wanted to offer an update for the weekend.

1) We are imminently pulling the Future Stars Pack DLC from the Xbox One and Xbox 360 digital stores. We will restore the DLC pack once the patch fix is ready for release. When we have a release date and time for the patch fix, we will let the community know as soon as possible.

2) We are exploring removal of the Future Stars Pack DLC from the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 digital stores. Again, we will update the community on the patch fix release date and timing, as well as DLC availability on the digital stores.

We are temporarily removing the Future Stars Pack to prevent further players from losing saved data in Universe Mode. If you have already downloaded the Future Stars Pack, you can continue using its content in WWE 2K16.

Source - 2K

cjallure24 01-28-2016 04:06 PM

Re: An Update on the WWE 2K16 Future Stars DLC patch fix for Universe Mode

Sweet. Hopefully it's in a timely manner.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

DBMcGee3 01-29-2016 08:51 AM

Glad I didn't download it yet. This is probably the least relevant patch to me anyway, although I do like Samoa Joe. They delay the Showcase pack and I'll be bummed.

Steve_OS 01-30-2016 04:02 PM

Re: WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack Causes Issues with Universe Mode, Patch Being Worked O

Just updated the OP. 2K has temporarily pulled the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack from digital stores.

spidertour02 01-30-2016 10:38 PM

Re: WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack Causes Issues with Universe Mode, Patch Being Worked O

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_OS (Post 2047983246)
Just updated the OP. 2K has temporarily pulled the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack from digital stores.

They waited nearly four full days before pulling it, while heavily promoting it on social media at the same time. That's skeevy as hell.

spacefunk 01-31-2016 01:51 PM

I don't get a ton of playing time so I haven't started a universe yet. But I did download the pack. Am I ok or should I Uninstall it?

wiscowilz 01-31-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacefunk (Post 2047984399)
I don't get a ton of playing time so I haven't started a universe yet. But I did download the pack. Am I ok or should I Uninstall it?

If you aren't starting a Universe yet I would just wait for the patch to come out, but if you are using default stuff (titles, shows, etc) you should be able to actually just play a Universe as normal.

azdawgpound 01-31-2016 04:26 PM

So they removed it from one system and not other???

And I'd/led the dlc and I'm playing my universe and have played with Joe and the tag teams and I don't see any issues my universe is playing just like it did before the dlc.

I'm on ps4 so anybody else d/l it and not having any issues?