Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   What is the first thing you'll do after popping in MLB The Show 16? (/forums/showthread.php?t=873797)

countryboy 01-29-2016 05:31 PM

What is the first thing you'll do after popping in MLB The Show 16?

I was curious as to what every will do when they first pop in the game. Do you play exhibition? Check out rosters? Dive in Franchise mode? Play RTTS?

Myself, the very first thing I'll do is go to my beloved Cardinals and create the minor league players. After that, I jump right into Spring Training of Franchise mode. Whomever is my first opponent, I'll go and create their minor league system. Then after playing a game, I'll do a team's minor leagues from the Cactus League and then the next team I play I'll do theirs. I do this up until I have created the minor leagues for all the teams, all while enjoying the Spring Training of my opening season.

So what about you? What will you do?

NDAlum 01-29-2016 05:33 PM

Re: What is the first thing you'll do after popping in MLB The Show 16?

Check out the uniforms and try to see what team I want to use in my franchise.

Turbojugend 01-29-2016 05:40 PM

Probably play an Exhibition game in one of the classic stadiums, super-glad they're coming back. Either that or start designing my DD logo/unis, I'm really hoping this feature hasn't been removed.

bacon96 01-29-2016 05:45 PM

Transfer my franchise over from 15 and play a game. Then, I'll get to work on minor leaguers for the 2016 campaign.

Knight165 01-29-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon96 (Post 2047981787)
Transfer my franchise over from 15 and play a game. Then, I'll get to work on minor leaguers for the 2016 campaign.

Yerp.......

My transfer from '14 to '15 and now '16 will be my go to

M.K.
Knight165

TheWarmWind 01-29-2016 06:03 PM

Normally the first thing I do is check out the rogers center in exhibition is the vain hope of seeing a closed roof option, but that's been done for me.

The second thing I normally do is play an exhibition game to get a feel for the game. I traditionally play the cubs at wrigley, since I normally never get to see that place, but this year I might switch it up and play in one of the classic stadiums (probably against the cubs just for traditions sake).

After that's done, it's on to my carry over franchise that I started in 14. I'll be loaded up and ready for spring training 2018 by the time 16 is released.

sydrogerdavid 01-29-2016 06:59 PM

I always check Busch Stadium to see what's new. Then I usually go into edit player to look at the new guys and see if they look like they do in real life.

Clarke99 01-29-2016 07:02 PM

No clue dont know enough yet, aside from transferring some files...