Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522)
-   -   Operation Sports Full Minors 2016 (RELEASE ANNOUNCED! Sunday at 6 PM ET!) (/forums/showthread.php?t=873806)

ShowTyme15 04-05-2016 10:24 AM

re: Operation Sports Full Minors 2016 (No ETA as of 4/6, please don't ask for one)

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenzariczny (Post 2048097840)
Dumb question here but what is the need to wait for the first SCEA rosters to drop before OSFM gets released. Isn't the whole point of OSFM so we don't have to rely on the SCEA roster?

I know in years past there would be a ST roster released once all the teams were done, and then an Opening day roster that would build off the first SCEA rosters.

The point is so they can add missing players. Height, weight changes, stats corrections etc....

WaitTilNextYear 04-05-2016 10:58 AM

re: Operation Sports Full Minors 2016 (No ETA as of 4/6, please don't ask for one)

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenzariczny (Post 2048097840)
Dumb question here but what is the need to wait for the first SCEA rosters to drop before OSFM gets released. Isn't the whole point of OSFM so we don't have to rely on the SCEA roster?

I know in years past there would be a ST roster released once all the teams were done, and then an Opening day roster that would build off the first SCEA rosters.

As ShowTyme stated, there are typically quite a lot of typographical errors in the SCEA players (heights, weights, misspellings, positions, handedness to name a few) in the initial Sony rosters each year. Since these players cannot be fully edited, exported out of or imported into a roster (not even by importer/exporter Art Vandelay), you're stuck with the quality of the SCEA players that are given. In that sense, it makes a good deal of sense to wait until those SCEA players have been cleaned up a bit before transferring the CAPs in with them. That's the reason why OSFM tends to wait for an updated SCEA roster as a 'base roster' to work from. This year, the update roster seems to be taking SCEA longer to produce as per Ramone on twitter.

zman2392 04-05-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice27 (Post 2048097818)
To clarify because I'm even a little confused still: Are we talking the update which was live day 1 from SCEA or the one which will be released in a week or two according to Ramone at SSD?

Second this. Still a bit confused myself.

Ice27 04-05-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman2392 (Post 2048097955)
Second this. Still a bit confused myself.

Based on WaitTillNextYear it sounds like the next round of rosters by SCEA (the ones yet to be released) will be what OFSM is based on but again I was the one unsure in the first place

WaitTilNextYear 04-05-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice27 (Post 2048098043)
Based on WaitTillNextYear it sounds like the next round of rosters by SCEA (the ones yet to be released) will be what OFSM is based on but again I was the one unsure in the first place

To be clear, I have nothing to do with the decision-making. The guys doing the rosters will do what they want. I am only presenting an explanation for why OSFM might depend on the state of the SCEA rosters.

Also, all this wrangling about what update etc..etc..isn't going to make the roster come out any faster so there's no use in torturing yourselves with the details. The roster makers will use whatever they use and the roster will come out when it's ready. That's all people need to know.

hock0413 04-05-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totte (Post 2048097761)
V1 will be based on the first SCEA roster update (or the 2nd depending on what the initial update looks like)

Is this confirmed by anyone working on this years roster? I know Totte has contributed greatly in years past, but I'm unaware of his participation this year.

ckittle2518 04-05-2016 12:27 PM

Seriously wish people would appreciate what these guys do. I have put in half efforts the previous two years doing a complete roster. It takes me 2 weeks and i dont even try to do faces, equipment, or stances. I would simply do names, R/L/S hit throw, and height/weight. I did all this and still downloaded the OSFM roster. I just did my own to pacify myself. All this complaining is going to do is turn them off of doing it next year, or just taking extra time this year to screw with all the people complaining. If it was me that is what i would do. But these guys are alot better than i am.

So what we all should be saying is THANK YOU...... we appreciate everything you do and are excited to see your hard work.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Glenn33 04-05-2016 12:30 PM

Question - when the rosters drop, if I change the contract length - NOT $$$ - does that mess with morale as well? The huge pet peeve I have with this game is while I understand they are restricted from matching the exact contracts - why on God's green earth is 85% of the organization on 1 year deals? It makes the first off season sooooo tedious and long. I was hoping to adjust the contract lengths [not amounts] to alleviate that issue. Will that be an issue?