Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Bullpen and Manager Logic needs to be smarter!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=874258)

tnixen 02-08-2016 11:07 AM

Bullpen and Manager Logic needs to be smarter!!

I am really getting tired of seeing the CPU AI takeout the starting pitcher after he is pitching a shutout and has only thrown 46 pitches though 6.1 innings! He gets pulled right after giving up a base hit with 1 out in the 6th inning with only 46 pitches thrown. He was dominating me and this was also in exhibition mode it that makes any difference. I have basically seen this kind of thing happen with all versions of MLB The Show. It really is one of the weakest points of the game.

I really hope the CPU AI Bullpen and Manager logic has greatly improved and became much smarter and more like real life coaches and manager decisions in MLB The Show 16! :y220:

And to add on to that I would love to also see manager tendencies in MLB The Show some day :)

Bottom line MLB The Show CPU AI needs to be smarter!!!

nemesis04 02-08-2016 11:43 AM

Re: Bullpen and Manager Logic needs to be smarter!!

Someone needs to be more patient at the plate! 46 pitches through 6.1, you swing-opotamus ;)

But yes there needs to be some tweaking, have you played around with the manager hook slider?

TheWarmWind 02-08-2016 11:47 AM

I started a thread about this in the sliders sub-forum: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ok-voodoo.html

Hopefully this helps. It helped me a little but yeah it's an issue.

tnixen 02-08-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemesis04 (Post 2047998331)
Someone needs to be more patient at the plate! 46 pitches through 6.1, you swing-opotamus ;)

But yes there needs to be some tweaking, have you played around with the manager hook slider?

lol I was trying to be patient but most of his pitches looked very hittable. Unfortunately most of the hits were right at fielders. Also no I have not messed with the manager hook sliders. I try to play on everything default as I trust in what the Sony developers are doing. But it looks like the developers need to change the default manager hook slider settings.

By chance I would want to change the manager hook sliders what settings do you recommend?

tnixen 02-08-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarmWind (Post 2047998339)
I started a thread about this in the sliders sub-forum: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ok-voodoo.html

Hopefully this helps. It helped me a little but yeah it's an issue.

Thanks for that link I will check it out.

I always play on All Star with default sliders.

TheWarmWind 02-08-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnixen (Post 2047998352)
Thanks for that link I will check it out.

I always play on All Star with default sliders.

It basically just says to raise the cpu starter stamina to 7. There are other things but that is what helped the most.

tessl 02-08-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnixen (Post 2047998249)
I am really getting tired of seeing the CPU AI takeout the starting pitcher after he is pitching a shutout and has only thrown 46 pitches though 6.1 innings! He gets pulled right after giving up a base hit with 1 out in the 6th inning with only 46 pitches thrown. He was dominating me and this was also in exhibition mode it that makes any difference. I have basically seen this kind of thing happen with all versions of MLB The Show. It really is one of the weakest points of the game.

I really hope the CPU AI Bullpen and Manager logic has greatly improved and became much smarter and more like real life coaches and manager decisions in MLB The Show 16! :y220:

And to add on to that I would love to also see manager tendencies in MLB The Show some day :)

Bottom line MLB The Show CPU AI needs to be smarter!!!

In manage mode - default sliders - I'm not seeing what your are reporting.

Sometimes with a big lead the CPU will leave the starter in the game to throw 130 or so pitches which few modern era managers. There are not as many throws to first as IRL but in the past there were too many throws to first and I'd rather they leave it like it is than "fix" it. For the most part the CPU manages the games well.

I'm not familiar with exhibition mode, perhaps the limit pitch counts as is the case in exhibition games.

ryanmc564 02-08-2016 05:07 PM

that doesn't happen to me, sometimes I get swing happy at games that I just try to get thru as quick as possible where the opposing pitcher would have a ridiculous low pitch count and he never gets pulled as long as he is winning.