Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Online Franchise (/forums/showthread.php?t=875706)

eric7064 03-03-2016 05:18 PM

Online Franchise

Online Franchise
SCEA I applaud you for improving franchise mode. But I’ll stop there. You spend most of the time improving Diamond Dynasty from MLB14-15 and again between MLB15-16. And that’s ok. It makes you guys money and there is nothing wrong with that. I wont bash you for that. BUT

You say to the public that Online Franchise wasn’t played much in MLB 14, well that was due to the fact that online was unplayable.

Then in MLB 15 is playable online because of stability fixes, but none of the franchise features from MLB 15 made it into online.
Then in MLB 16, with all the NEW and GREAT features in Franchise mode they decide not to put ANY in MLB16 Online Franchise.

This is a mode that was pretty much identical to offline in MLB 14. And not touched in 2 YEARS. This is ridiculous. I like to play with 2 or 3 friends in the same division. There is nothing more fun then fighting after the same free agents or going after the same prospects and fighting for the top of the division.

Can SCEA just come out and say why? I mean there are other issues in the mode, no position player fatigue, schedule is identical year to year, no all stars, injuries don’t work, said it was opening day all year with on field patches, Wrigley ivy stayed dead, and many more.

Is this mode apart of the future or no? This news completely deflates my anticipation for the game. They talk about how the mode isn’t used a whole lot in MLB 14 because of horrible online stability, and then abandon it 2 years in. If its not part of the future please tell us NOW!

redsfan4life 03-03-2016 05:23 PM

Re: Online Franchise

I realize I may not be in the majority but Online Franchise is where I spent 90% of my time with this game. Very disappointing to hear that people like me have been ignored for yet another year.

eric7064 03-03-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsfan4life (Post 2048040542)
I realize I may not be in the majority but Online Franchise is where I spent 90% of my time with this game. Very disappointing to hear that people like me have been ignored for yet another year.

Agreed. Me and my buddies played an insane amount last year. Spent all our time on it. And it is untouched yet again.

CrimsionXBL 03-03-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric7064 (Post 2048040550)
Agreed. Me and my buddies played an insane amount last year. Spent all our time on it. And it is untouched yet again.

I am one of these buddies and as much as I love MLB The Show, my anticipation for this game died within the first 5 minutes of the stream. Surely SCEA could have told us this news earlier and not amped up is online franchise guys only to shoot us down at the very beginning.

It's disappointing to see DD get so much love and have Online Franchise remain untouched. It scares me because what does this say for the future of OF?

They couldn't even touch the simplest of things, yet again we get another barebones experience at the cost of DD players being shown all the online love, not to mention that they've implemented two new modes (battle royale and conquest or whatever) and found no time to work on this mode that desperately needed some tuning.....

redsfan4life 03-03-2016 05:34 PM

I'm with ya. I'm totally indifferent about this game now.

jb12780 03-03-2016 05:44 PM

I'm sure coding all of the new changes for offline play was difficult, let alone throwing online into the equation.

The agenda that the devs only care about DD is just wrong.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

redsfan4life 03-03-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb12780 (Post 2048040601)
I'm sure coding all of the new changes for offline play was difficult, let alone throwing online into the equation.

The agenda that the devs only care about DD is just wrong.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Well the idea that they don't care about online franchise certainly isn't wrong. I understand that there must be sacrifices each year..but to watch them completely ignore this more for a third year in a row is something that's hard to accept as a fan of the series.

eric7064 03-03-2016 05:48 PM

Ramone said 45K play online compared to 500K offline. I see the big difference there, but is that surprising? Given the MLB player base I don’t think so. And how many of those 500k started a franchise and dropped it the same day.

I understand that he said the Codes were different to. Well, why were the modes identical in MLB 14? Can we at least get word on if some of the issues were fixed? Position player fatigue? Not opening day every game, Wrigley ivy changes, injuries working.

I mean the mode hasn’t been touched. Do they magically think 100k will play the mode now when it isn’t touched at all? This is ridiculous. And yet again next year there will be an abundance of new DD features and Online Franchise will probably just be gone.