Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Out of the Park Baseball Review (PC/Mac) (/forums/showthread.php?t=876734)

RaychelSnr 03-22-2016 03:26 PM

Out of the Park Baseball Review (PC/Mac)

Baseball is a rite of spring to many, and the annual release of our beloved baseball games is now part of that modern-day experience. Out of the Park Developments has just released their 17th edition of their baseball game, Out of the Park Baseball 17, and it's time to find out whether it should be in your starting lineup this season.

Read More - Out of the Park Baseball Review (PC/Mac)

jacobfagan 03-23-2016 03:47 PM

The video doesn't tell me anything. What is CJ Wilson's pitch count? And his team just took the lead. Unless he was tired, I don't have a problem with the AI decision.

Mike Lowe 03-23-2016 07:46 PM

That's a fair assessment, jacobfagan. He did have a 4-hit shutout going too.

I scored the game about as high as I could, without labeling it an "all-time great" (OS scale) which I thought is something that should be reserved for rare games.

It's the best OOTP, no doubt. And the more recent patches have continue to clear up some things.

TyMan8400 03-28-2016 01:47 PM

Re: Out of the Park Baseball Review (PC/Mac)

Interesting game to say the least

cepwin 03-28-2016 08:26 PM

A great game only enhanced by full licensing and improvement to the 3-d view...this game and MLB The Show complement each other. OOTP is heavy on statistical accuracy and baseball history and MLB The Show has the amazing AAA graphical detail as well as sim action.

mrbskywalker 03-30-2016 08:31 PM

Re: Out of the Park Baseball Review (PC/Mac)

Sup people of the internet

Mike Lowe 08-12-2016 11:48 AM

I wanted to give this a bump simply to say that I truly believe this game stands easily with the 9-9.5 range as far as ratings go. The simulation engine is damn near perfect, and the nuances, atmosphere, and personality of the game are beginning to reach levels seen only in the Football Manager series.

This is hands-down the best baseball game on the market, and in comparing it to MLB The Show, I'd still say OOTP is closer to the total package. You may not see as many bells and whistles, unique game modes, and the like, but quality rises about quantity here, and especially when you compare the two games' franchise modes, it's not even close--OOTP gets the call-up every time.