Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Diamond Dynasty (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=530)
-   -   Who are your Investments (/forums/showthread.php?t=877332)

Hinkleyyy 03-30-2016 11:00 AM

Who are your Investments

I'm currently investing in Kevin kiermeker, Alex Gordon and Salvador Perez. Was wondering what everyone else was doing. Even though this might mess mine up was still curious.

Benz87 03-30-2016 11:10 AM

Re: Who are your Investments

No current investments as it's too early for me, but I am card flipping. There seems to be a big gap between buy and sell order pricing early on, so plenty of room to make money even with SCEA upping the tax to 10%.

Papito208 03-30-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benz87 (Post 2048082813)
No current investments as it's too early for me, but I am card flipping. There seems to be a big gap between buy and sell order pricing early on, so plenty of room to make money even with SCEA upping the tax to 10%.

This is my first year where I'm about to go in on card flipping (and my first post so if this is the wrong place, sorry) but I got a Rizzo card that can sell for 17,000, with a purchase price of 21,000. He's my only gold Batter. Should I sell him to purchase a butt load of cards in hopes I get something as good if not better and have a well rounded diamond dynasty team?

Benz87 03-30-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papito208 (Post 2048083560)
This is my first year where I'm about to go in on card flipping (and my first post so if this is the wrong place, sorry) but I got a Rizzo card that can sell for 17,000, with a purchase price of 21,000. He's my only gold Batter. Should I sell him to purchase a butt load of cards in hopes I get something as good if not better and have a well rounded diamond dynasty team?

Right place. I would keep him if you have excess stubs to flip with. And if his purchase price is 21,000 that's what you should sell him for. Never do a Buy or sell now, only do sell/buy orders for the best stub management and to make the most off your card flipping, if that makes sense.

I work on a computer all day so i'm usually on The Show Nation website buying and selling equipment. It sells quickly and the margins are very beneficial for flipping.

TheKnack 03-30-2016 04:43 PM

Can someone explain flipping? Is that just finding a card for cheap on the market and attempting to sell it at a higher clip? Nothing more to it?

Papito208 03-30-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benz87 (Post 2048083760)
Right place. I would keep him if you have excess stubs to flip with. And if his purchase price is 21,000 that's what you should sell him for. Never do a Buy or sell now, only do sell/buy orders for the best stub management and to make the most off your card flipping, if that makes sense.

I work on a computer all day so i'm usually on The Show Nation website buying and selling equipment. It sells quickly and the margins are very beneficial for flipping.

I was thinking of throwing down ten dollars on stubs to get silvers for my DD team to play with a decent team while I wait for sales/purchases.

Papito208 03-30-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSUCougars (Post 2048083816)
Can someone explain flipping? Is that just finding a card for cheap on the market and attempting to sell it at a higher clip? Nothing more to it?

From my understanding (like my situation)
To buy Anthony Rizzo you need appx 28,000 stubs (fluctuates)
To sell him now it's 16,000 stubs (fluctuates)
If you sell yours for 28,000 stubs eventually the price for the card will drop where you can buy it back for 16,000 stubs leaving you with a profit of 12,000

Benz87 03-30-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSUCougars (Post 2048083816)

The Show is the easiest game to make video game currency on due to their sell order system and huge margins, just have to be patient. We will use Anthony Rizzo as our example.

Rizzo is currently listed at a Buy Now price of 28,750 and sell now price of 20,650. NEVER use buy now or sell now when acquiring or selling players, instead use the order system.

1) Create a buy order for Rizzo at the price of 20,700 - enough to barely over cut the highest sell now price. Eventually someone will come along and click that sell now button. Boom - you just bought Rizzo for 20,700.

2) Create a sell order for Rizzo just enough to undercut the highest buy now price, ex. 28,700. Someone clicks the buy now button, you just sole Rizzo for 28,700.

28,700 *.90(What is kept after tax) = 25,830 - 20,700(original cost) = 5,130 net sub profit

Now, it usually is not this simple and easy as there can be a decent waiting period for other player to use the buy now/sell now function on the market and a lot of undercutting by others also trying to flip. Hope this helped fellas.