Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Ultimate Team is Turning Into A Cesspool (/forums/showthread.php?t=878089)

SwedishTouch76 04-05-2016 11:02 PM

Ultimate Team is Turning Into A Cesspool

I guess the new cheese is guys deleting their fighters constantly so they have guys in Division 1 with moves and abilities maxed out. Just fought a guy who had bjj sweeps, instant MT clinch and flying armbar. In Division 1.

Sigh......

TheDeej 04-06-2016 04:19 AM

Re: Ultimate Team is Turning Into A Cesspool

Even people who have all division 5/6 people get bored sometimes. There is a reason for the 5th extra slot. It wasn't me you fought but I do make alts in that 5th slot for fun sometimes. I have not deleted any of my 4 mains, 1 in each weight class. I also earned those cards fair and square and will use them. Especially, since like you said, I am likely to run into other guys using them with new characters.

aholbert32 04-06-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76 (Post 2048099433)
I guess the new cheese is guys deleting their fighters constantly so they have guys in Division 1 with moves and abilities maxed out. Just fought a guy who had bjj sweeps, instant MT clinch and flying armbar. In Division 1.

Sigh......

The devs are looking into this.

SwedishTouch76 04-06-2016 11:38 AM

These guys aren't doing it because they're bored or for fun. It's being done to cheese the leaderboard. As apparently a win in Division 1 grants as many pts as Division 6. 4 of my 1st 5 fights last night in Division 1 with a 64 overall fighter were against guys like this. I hope it's fixed. It certainly isn't fun for the guy playing legitimately.....

TheDeej 04-06-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76 (Post 2048100239)
These guys aren't doing it because they're bored or for fun. It's being done to cheese the leaderboard. As apparently a win in Division 1 grants as many pts as Division 6. 4 of my 1st 5 fights last night in Division 1 with a 64 overall fighter were against guys like this. I hope it's fixed. It certainly isn't fun for the guy playing legitimately.....

Oh ok I agree that they should change it so there isn't an incentive to play division one for leaderboard purposes. Like make each divisions wins worth progressively more. For example, a win in division five would be worth 5 times a win in division one. It also makes more since because the stiffer the competition the more loses you will get so your wins against better competition should be rewarded appropriately.

fballturkey 04-06-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76 (Post 2048099433)

Sigh......

Instant MT clinch comes with the MT skillset so that's possibly legit, but people are doing what you're saying. I've deleted my 5th fighter a couple times to try out different styles but not to intentionally game the system.

The best fix would be to make the division rank follow the slot, so if you delete a Div 4 guy and make a new fighter he starts in D4. Hopefully they don't just nerf point gains in Div 1.

fishingtime 04-06-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2048099906)
The devs are looking into this.

Good to know. I've been saying they need to put you back in to the division you deleted your fighter from so you don't ruin other people's experience. I know I will delete a fighter to make a different CAF to use, and feel bad playing in Division 1. I breeze right through it, but that isn't the point. I am unintentionally ruining someone else's experience because I want to create a better fighter to compete.

fballturkey 04-06-2016 01:32 PM

Letting us change the name and appearance of UT fighters would make me get the itch to delete one a lot less too.