Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Madden 25 (PS3) 2015-2016 Roster Project (/forums/showthread.php?t=878324)

paarman 04-08-2016 11:45 AM

Madden 25 (PS3) 2015-2016 Roster

I have been working on an updated M25 PS3 roster for the upcoming season. Here are the goals I have in place and what I'd like to accomplish. I plan to update this at least a couple times between now and the season.

- Bio accuracy
- Contract updates
- Missing player creation/imports
- 2016 Draftees
- Depth Charts
- Ratings update
- Player portraits where applicable.

Prettymuch in that order. I have kept a spreadsheet of every transaction made and a list of every teams' depth chart with color coding to indicate players that are missing from the roster. I am pretty detail oriented so I've made sure to be accurate with anything I've worked on.

I think once the draft rolls around, I will work on importing all of the players and such.. I am aware there are a couple other guys in here like Omega and Randall working on their roster updates as well, so I understand if mine gets overlooked... I am just working on this for a project for myself and for anyone that wants to use the roster. This is my first year using the editor rather than doing everything within the game (Much easier/"quicker"). I have a bunch of other rosters that I plan on sifting through to see if I can find the missing players from this roster and export/import them into this one to make that quicker.

If you are interested in working on this, let me know. I am going to work on it regardless, but I am realizing this would go a lot quicker with more people. If not, I will hopefully eventually post up the finished product here for anyone to use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All teams have been updated... Meaning contracts are updated (with the exception of large contracts being reduced by 25% to adjust the CAP difference between 2014 and 2016), bios are accurate for ALL players, rookies added, transactions completed. Let me know if you see any glaring issues.. This is not a complete project, just what I have so far... I am estimating the end of June for my version 1 release... Ratings may also be a bit off... This is the last item on my agenda right now. I figure this will give you a good reason to develop players via franchise anyway :)

I went through and imported some missing players that were either starters or 2nd stringers and even some 3rd stringers, just to fill out the "crucial" missing players.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: as of 6-29-16

Version 1.2 (6-29-16): http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...1617SEASON.rar

This is also on Madden Share. My gamertag is: adapaarmantium

Included in this roster:
  • Bio Updates Completed: All players on 32 teams (free agents OVR 75+ updated)
  • Team Contracts Updated: 32/32 teams
  • Draftee Import Completed: 32/32 teams Rounds 1-7 and some key UDFAs
  • Transactions Updated: 6-24-16
  • Contract Adjustment (25% reduction on large contracts): 32/32
  • Retired players removed from roster
  • Adjusted Rosters of teams for depth where applicable.
  • Depth Charts Updated: 32/32
  • Free Agent Updates: All Positions Updated to current year
  • Player Portraits have been majorly overhauled. Updated over 300.

Things to note about this file:
  • About 50% of teams will be over the CAP. However, none should be more than 10 million over after simming and they should all be easily manageable to get under. Meaning, there are definitely players on each team that can be cut to create cap space. You may end up under the 53 man roster, but at least you can get your money in line for franchise mode. I simmed through the preseason with this roster and at least half of the teams cleared their own space to get under the CAP, and from what I looked through the rest-if you had control of them-could be cleared too.
  • Some rookies still have not signed their contracts, so their contracts may not be accurate. I have set every drafted rookie to their base salary of 450k, but beyond that hasn't been released for everyone yet-I hope all the rookies have signed by my next release. I have kept a list of those who I need to edit yet.
  • *most* bios are accurate.. The biggest chunk of missing info was rookie birthdays, so their birthdays and ages might not be accurate. Again, I kept a list of most of the ones I couldn't find birthdays for and will revisit it later on to correct the ones I can.
  • If you use this roster in 'play now', the rookies will ghost. I wasn't aware this was an issue until I had all rookies on their teams. To fix this is very time consuming fix, which I may want to take on at some point, but not right now. Consider this roster for franchise only at this point.
  • All players on teams should not have awareness lower than 50. There were a ton of players in the 20s and 30s, so I raised the minimum to 50 for everyone.
  • Not ALL players on every team are in this roster. First and foremost, all starters are there. Players at skill positions are the deepest in depth. If there is a request for a particular player who is a key component to a team (there shouldn't be any/many missing as of today) I can look to add them.
  • If you discover any glaring issues or holes, please let me know and I will add them to my list of corrections to make. I do have a detailed list I keep and update of transactions, depth charts, rookies, changes to make, ect.

Hope you enjoy the roster, and let me know what you think!

*To be in next update:

-Player portrait updates
-Player reduction/addition (currently at 2957/2971 players)
-Resolving 'Play Now' Rookie Ghosts
-Ratings Updates (on any *significant* changes in OVR)

omega412930 04-08-2016 08:11 PM

Re: Madden 25 (PS3) 2015-2016 Roster Project

This is the part i hate when u had minor things u need people to help with but no one offers but anyway as far as contracts bud honestly i forget that aspect due to the real life salary cap in the nfl being raised it might many teams to b over the cap, like i have done for now ive moved on from that until i work out a percentage system for each team then do the contracts but anyway man keep up the good work once ur caught up with transactions ur done most of the bulk unless u do a ratings overhaul other then that its minor

paarman 04-09-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega412930 (Post 2048105640)
This is the part i hate when u had minor things u need people to help with but no one offers but anyway as far as contracts bud honestly i forget that aspect due to the real life salary cap in the nfl being raised it might many teams to b over the cap, like i have done for now ive moved on from that until i work out a percentage system for each team then do the contracts but anyway man keep up the good work once ur caught up with transactions ur done most of the bulk unless u do a ratings overhaul other then that its minor

I hear you... Tip of the hat to you for your work, I have used your rosters many times in the past, they are always great!

It's tedious work, but it makes it a whole new game when done... Which is why I am still playing a 3-4 year old game :laugh:

tonybologna 05-05-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paarman (Post 2048106499)
I hear you... Tip of the hat to you for your work, I have used your rosters many times in the past, they are always great!

It's tedious work, but it makes it a whole new game when done... Which is why I am still playing a 3-4 year old game :laugh:

So, you & Randall are basically working on the same roster file? He's still adding/editing his roster file that you said you've taken your work from. I'm sure you're aware of the phases that Randall has placed his roster categories into?

Did you decide to just want to pick up on this on your own & not wait until Randall got all of his work finished or what? I'm not knocking you for it just asking because this could mean you're doing basically what Randall is doing to the same M25 roster file. I know he ran into team CAP problems working on his roster set. Have you had this problem so far too?

I know it will be a while before Randall gets his file finished. He's actually putting out 2 separate files. One for the 2016 off-season & 1 with the 2016 draft picks added. He's doing the off-season one right now before doing anything with the 2016 draft picks one.

Do you have a plan as far as releasing updated files? Randall releases a file after each Phase. I have asked him to now release an updated file after he edits every 5 teams(Phase #4) to give me a look into his work. Are you going to just release just one file & not have files out until you get completely finished with your project? Also, you are going to post an offline file(s) just like Randall correct? Thanks!

paarman 05-09-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybologna (Post 2048164059)
So, you & Randall are basically working on the same roster file? He's still adding/editing his roster file that you said you've taken your work from. I'm sure you're aware of the phases that Randall has placed his roster categories into?

Did you decide to just want to pick up on this on your own & not wait until Randall got all of his work finished or what? I'm not knocking you for it just asking because this could mean you're doing basically what Randall is doing to the same M25 roster file. I know he ran into team CAP problems working on his roster set. Have you had this problem so far too?

I know it will be a while before Randall gets his file finished. He's actually putting out 2 separate files. One for the 2016 off-season & 1 with the 2016 draft picks added. He's doing the off-season one right now before doing anything with the 2016 draft picks one.

Do you have a plan as far as releasing updated files? Randall releases a file after each Phase. I have asked him to now release an updated file after he edits every 5 teams(Phase #4) to give me a look into his work. Are you going to just release just one file & not have files out until you get completely finished with your project? Also, you are going to post an offline file(s) just like Randall correct? Thanks!

Yes, I just decided to do it on my own to have it. He has a little bit of a different vision than I do and essentially I just want to use this file for franchise purposes only. I get that people are busy, and I understand the time involved in it greatly... I have worked on my own roster every year since the game came out, this is the first year I just felt like tackling a larger project on my own in my spare time and sharing it with anyone who wants to use it... Might also be my last if the new game has a convincing franchise mode. It does seem silly that we are doing essentially the same work, but I'm not racing to finish it, I am honestly aiming to have this complete by end of June/July (hopefully).. I am still learning the finer details of the editor, so I'm not expert on it... I work in IT, so seeing the coding side of this is interesting and appealing to me... A new hobby if you want to call it that haha.

My file will be a bit different than his, as I have been importing players from other rosters and editing them. I've also been updating things like birthdays, years of experience, and any other fine details that some others may not care about, but just doing it to do it while I am at it. I'm not so much focused on the ratings of the players as I feel that it adds to the development side of things, since I find franchise mode pretty damn easy to build a powerhouse within a few years... This should keep it on an even playing field a bit.. I may decide to edit some ratings later down the line, but that and player pictures are last on my list.

I have run into CAP problems as well.. I have about half of the teams done, and I just did a quick run of those teams of simming up to week 1 of the season and only a few did not have a negative CAP number.. I recall this happening on a previous year of Randall's roster also... I plan on going back through and figuring out a good method to try to circumvent that a bit, but I just want to get all the contracts "correct" first.. I'm hoping by then some cuts have happend to take team salary CAPs down a little, but it sucks that Madden 25 is about 20 million off from the actual NFL CAP, so it's gonna be tricky. I haven't even imported any rookies into the file yet either haha. The worst were the Cardinals with something like 30 million OVER the CAP.

I know above I said I was going to release a version midway though just to have people take a look and test it out... Seems silly to have half the teams corrected, but I might just do it to have some eyes look over what I've done so far and to fix any little issues. I can upload on Madden Share and probably on here as well.. I am unsure how frequently I will release an updated file, but I can keep you posted on that. I try to remember to check back here a few times a week, but end up getting sidetracked.. I am trying to stay committed to this project though, but just be aware like I said it's more like a little side hobby... Realistically I've been getting about 1 team of contracts and such done a day.. Takes about 1-2 hours so it's pretty time consuming out of normal life.. Which I why I get how daunting it has been for Randall to keep up on these! I've been following his post(s) here for some time, and I know he does excellent work.. Ideally if my roster is worth a ****, maybe I can try to work with him in the future on a roster to kill 2 birds with one stone.. err, something like that.

tonybologna 05-09-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paarman (Post 2048169959)
Yes, I just decided to do it on my own to have it. He has a little bit of a different vision than I do and essentially I just want to use this file for franchise purposes only. I get that people are busy, and I understand the time involved in it greatly... I have worked on my own roster every year since the game came out, this is the first year I just felt like tackling a larger project on my own in my spare time and sharing it with anyone who wants to use it... Might also be my last if the new game has a convincing franchise mode. It does seem silly that we are doing essentially the same work, but I'm not racing to finish it, I am honestly aiming to have this complete by end of June/July (hopefully).. I am still learning the finer details of the editor, so I'm not expert on it... I work in IT, so seeing the coding side of this is interesting and appealing to me... A new hobby if you want to call it that haha.

My file will be a bit different than his, as I have been importing players from other rosters and editing them. I've also been updating things like birthdays, years of experience, and any other fine details that some others may not care about, but just doing it to do it while I am at it. I'm not so much focused on the ratings of the players as I feel that it adds to the development side of things, since I find franchise mode pretty damn easy to build a powerhouse within a few years... This should keep it on an even playing field a bit.. I may decide to edit some ratings later down the line, but that and player pictures are last on my list.

I have run into CAP problems as well.. I have about half of the teams done, and I just did a quick run of those teams of simming up to week 1 of the season and only a few did not have a negative CAP number.. I recall this happening on a previous year of Randall's roster also... I plan on going back through and figuring out a good method to try to circumvent that a bit, but I just want to get all the contracts "correct" first.. I'm hoping by then some cuts have happend to take team salary CAPs down a little, but it sucks that Madden 25 is about 20 million off from the actual NFL CAP, so it's gonna be tricky. I haven't even imported any rookies into the file yet either haha. The worst were the Cardinals with something like 30 million OVER the CAP.

I know above I said I was going to release a version midway though just to have people take a look and test it out... Seems silly to have half the teams corrected, but I might just do it to have some eyes look over what I've done so far and to fix any little issues. I can upload on Madden Share and probably on here as well.. I am unsure how frequently I will release an updated file, but I can keep you posted on that. I try to remember to check back here a few times a week, but end up getting sidetracked.. I am trying to stay committed to this project though, but just be aware like I said it's more like a little side hobby... Realistically I've been getting about 1 team of contracts and such done a day.. Takes about 1-2 hours so it's pretty time consuming out of normal life.. Which I why I get how daunting it has been for Randall to keep up on these! I've been following his post(s) here for some time, and I know he does excellent work.. Ideally if my roster is worth a ****, maybe I can try to work with him in the future on a roster to kill 2 birds with one stone.. err, something like that.

Do you know how to use the editor to set real life contracts? That's the key for the salary CAP problem. If you know how to enter real life contracts it will help most teams with CAP issues. Looking forward to taking a look at your work too buddy.

paarman 05-10-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybologna (Post 2048170765)
Do you know how to use the editor to set real life contracts? That's the key for the salary CAP problem. If you know how to enter real life contracts it will help most teams with CAP issues. Looking forward to taking a look at your work too buddy.

I'm not sure on that.. I'm using Xanathol's 'Xbox 360 Madden 12 Roster Editor' to do everything.. I am going through all of the contracts player by player, but maybe I'm not doing it the most efficient way possible, and I'm not sure if that's what you mean by real life contracts... I understand how the numbers work in the editor, and I've checked in the game to be sure it's translating correctly.. Only difference I may be doing opposed to others is that I am not making their guaranteed money the signing bonus.. I am using the actual signing bonus. The computer will generally not take a cap penalty over a million if they can prevent it from my experience, so it seemed to me that giving a player 54 million guaranteed (like real life) is just overkill if you can get away with less. Just my thinking though.

Other problem I am running into now, is that since I exported the rookies from a 360 roster (I'm thinking something newer than Madden 25.. And also I am on PS3), I am getting a "Table field TRCF is missing from...." error. I've imported players .csv's straight over from 360 before and they work, although I'm sure those were from M25. I recall stumbling across a thread that had what to do in this situation, and also how to properly delete or remove players from the roster, but I'll have to search for it.. If you know the quick answer to that or can point me in the direction... That would be awesome... Otherwise, I will keep chugging! Once I hit halfway with the contracts, maybe I'll upload the roster so you can give it a once over if you want... let me know how bad I'm dicking this thing up haha.

tonybologna 05-10-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paarman (Post 2048172641)
I'm not sure on that.. I'm using Xanathol's 'Xbox 360 Madden 12 Roster Editor' to do everything.. I am going through all of the contracts player by player, but maybe I'm not doing it the most efficient way possible, and I'm not sure if that's what you mean by real life contracts... I understand how the numbers work in the editor, and I've checked in the game to be sure it's translating correctly.. Only difference I may be doing opposed to others is that I am not making their guaranteed money the signing bonus.. I am using the actual signing bonus. The computer will generally not take a cap penalty over a million if they can prevent it from my experience, so it seemed to me that giving a player 54 million guaranteed (like real life) is just overkill if you can get away with less. Just my thinking though.

Other problem I am running into now, is that since I exported the rookies from a 360 roster (I'm thinking something newer than Madden 25.. And also I am on PS3), I am getting a "Table field TRCF is missing from...." error. I've imported players .csv's straight over from 360 before and they work, although I'm sure those were from M25. I recall stumbling across a thread that had what to do in this situation, and also how to properly delete or remove players from the roster, but I'll have to search for it.. If you know the quick answer to that or can point me in the direction... That would be awesome... Otherwise, I will keep chugging! Once I hit halfway with the contracts, maybe I'll upload the roster so you can give it a once over if you want... let me know how bad I'm dicking this thing up haha.

You're doing the contracts right. Using the bonus the way you are is the only way to get them done the correct way for the game.

I remember going through exactly what you're talking about with the missing field thing. I used to try to do some of this stuff myself so I know what you're running into. There is a thread on here to show members how to fix that but its been months probably since it was posted. You have to add/remove certain things from the roster file using it in Excel before going back to work on it from the editor. I don't remember what though. I'll see if I can dig up that thread to help you out.

Yes, once you get about half the teams finished with the contracts please upload an offline file for us to check out. I'd like to see what you've done. I will post back a little later after doing some searching to find that thread we're both thinking about. Thanks!