Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Cheesing and the RTTP community. (/forums/showthread.php?t=878337)

Offballer4life 04-08-2016 03:40 PM

Cheesing and the RTTP community.

The topic that's been beaten to death.

Its time for the players to step it up. This ain't NBA JAM.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Is it fun? Are you that desperate for wins? I'd bet a good portion of the forum community here are cheesers. Can you explain it to me?

Its getting to the point where even if I win, I don't even want to play another game. Rather pathetic what gameplay had turned into. Feels like a million infantile brains piled into one bucket of manure.

Turbo...lol. This just makes me smh. Some people are getting it down to a science. Its turning into where if they can't get the inbound turbo dunk, they get stopped and run in circles till a defender loses his man.

Offball...yikes. Its just the epitome of laziness. You can count to 3. Congrats. Tell cpu I said GG.

I just want to ball. Not Park style. Not Gauntlet style. 5on5. Even just a simple sim. Because diamond collectors are being rewarded by getting away w cheesing. I just got beat by 3 volume shooter diamonds. Woohoo.

I want to bring a proposal to congress at this point.

Boo to the cheese.

kabamaru 04-08-2016 04:25 PM

Re: Cheesing and the RTTP community.

Just to be fair, almost everything though can be considered as a "cheese"

Playing player out of position like KD at PF. I have been called cheeser.

Passing the ball to the inbounder when noone is marking? Cheese.

Abusing P&R since CPU is bad on help defense and revocer? Cheese.

Playing Deny to most players? Cheese

Running the same play all game long? Cheese.

Offball defense since CPU is stupid in help defense? Cheese

Abusing pumpfakes for an easy foul? Cheese.

Zone defense? Cheese

To be fair this is a NEVER-ending discussion. Everyone's definition of Cheese is different.And to an extend you can watch ANY game and call anyone a cheeser

I was here in a dicussion last year that said that you can't use T-Mac Onyx card as PG even if he was listed as SG/PG because he never really started as PG for Orlando, while you could use a possible Pistons T-Mac card as PG

Also that using PG13 as PF was cheese last year (Indiana DID it this year) and also Small ball was cheese. Kerr winning a title with Green as C would be a super cheeser.

To be honest ALL gaming mechanics breaking is 2k's fault and NOT the user's. It is a game to win. it it annoying but you can always play CPU. Morever myTeam LEARNS you all you need to know about breaking game mechanics in domination as a win by 30 points is not enough. You NEED to abuse something.

For me the ONLY real cheese which I can't stand is the VISUAL cheese. All black courts with black ball, coloured home jerseys, all white NHL courts, constantly quick pausing 300 times per game in every chance. These visual cheese should be fixed by 2k ASAP as they are easy to fix

I wish all game mechanic issues are fixed too but I am pretty sure that someone will find another game breaking issue. Up until then I am trying to find alternative solutions to counter.

LegitSkillz 04-08-2016 04:39 PM

Cheesing and the RTTP community.

1. You have Walton and Russell so turbo back on inbound plays to contain that cheese.

2. If someone is playing off-ball the entire game, call plays or use appropriate ball handling animations to lose the cpu. If the off-baller just controls the center then attack the rim (it sounds dumb but most of the time these guys jump for everything or have no clue about the mechanics of shot contesting). I usually pump fake to get the foul, draw the center out of paint for a block attempt and dump it to my big man down low. I also use the stick for all my layup attempts so if I'm attacking the big man I finish the layup or dunk opposite to the block attempt. Do this with any player that has a high draw foul rating. You will be living at the line, trust me on this. I shoot over 12 free throws a game usually. If you use buttons to finish at the rim you will not be as lucky or have full control over which hand you finish with.

3. Usually people that burn turbo in the half court (zig-zagging) I give them space. Let them run around and burn stamina. Just keep enough space so you can contest a jumper. There are not many users who can pull off step backs or shoot off the dribble. You can't stop it all the time but you can CONTAIN it. Bad shot attempts every possession will not get them the win. Just be consistent and ensure your defensive settings are adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowsingles 04-08-2016 04:50 PM

You can't trust someone you have no personal connection to to stop doing whatever it is they are doing, because you can't stop it. It sucks but that's just the way it is.

LegitSkillz 04-08-2016 05:05 PM

I hate off-ballers and before finding out how to exploit them it was frustrating. 2k needs to punish people for off-balling all game. There are situations where off-balling is necessary but not all game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offballer4life 04-08-2016 05:33 PM

Kaba: while I agree that most anything can be called cheese, I don't think watching ANY game of 2k would find someone yelling cheese. I just played a great game against a guy. No cheese whatsoever. We both used our playbooks. Both played great defense. Final was 42-38 me. Those are the game I love.

Playing out of position would be cheese 25 years ago. Nowadays most top tier sg/sf with any sort of height can play 2-4 and many do. Look at Giannis. 1-5. Bron.

Repetitive garbage that just happens to fall in the basket. The wallbrooks.

Smother deny? Cheesyyyy. But i find a lot of people reach to it If I'm up double digits. Desperate times desperate measures I guess. All game? Meh. I'll work around it.

Legit: I'm not having trouble per se....my point is just that Its inappropriate for the mode and not fun. To me at least. Different strokes for different folks.

.ride the spiral.

Offballer4life 04-08-2016 05:39 PM

Sadly, I'm really looking forward to tuesday, not only bc I'll have a new game, but bc I know I won't miss this crap. Lol

.ride the spiral.

kabamaru 04-08-2016 05:45 PM

Smother/Deny is reall annoying though, cause it makes MY offense so repetive. Everyone plays smother/deny to all my PG-PF. Last year this was not an issue. An pnr would lead to a dunk.

This year however ball handlers do not explode that quick after pnr, which for me at least make my game a constant manual cut.

Even though it is effective and I win most games it is really tiring that I need to do this all game long. I have no problem whatsover with what people will do with their offense, but smother/deny all stops ME from choosing how to play. And it is done by almost everyone. Well, what can you do...