Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Stat tracking fixed? or has it? (/forums/showthread.php?t=87841)

Darth_Vader 07-16-2004 11:27 AM

Stat tracking fixed? or has it?

I was looking at the screenshots for "7-13 new tonight"

I was happy to see that the tackles for LBs are not in the 200s. However, I did notice that compared with last year's actual NFL player stats, the numbers from 2K5 is lower than the ones here.

For example, in the NFL, there were 3 1400 yard rushers, 2 1500 and 1600 yard rushers, a 1800 yard rusher, and a 2000 yard rusher. I'm not saying we should have a 2000 or an 1800 yard rusher every season, but in 2k5 there were only 3 1300 yard rushers and 1 1400 yard rusher as well as 1 1600 yard rusher. There seemed to be a bunch of 1200 yard rusher. Slow year in rushing?

Example 2, in the NFL last year there were 4 100 reception receivers. Since one of them is LT, we can say there were 3. There were at least 4 with 90+ receptions. In 2k5, there is only one player with 90+ receptions with 1300 yards in receiving. Again, the stats seem depressed.

Example 3, in the NFL last year the most FG made by a kicker was 39. As a matter of fact, 4 players made 30 or more FG last year in the NFL. In 2k5, the highest is 25 FG made.

I'm not trying to complain or anything...I love this game and I already pre-ordered it. However, does the stat tracking seem a little lower compared to its real life counterpart?

My initial guess was that whatever quarter length this season was played. The minutes might have to be increased. I thought it was played in 7, so should that be increased to 8 min per quarter?

Any thoughts?

SportsK1NG 07-16-2004 11:34 AM

Re: Stat tracking fixed? or has it?

you dont know what simulation time he had it.. so just bump it up a minute or two and stop worrying about it. they arnt even that far off, i mean 5 fgs and 2 less 90rec recievers? that is far from inacurate.

Darth_Vader 07-16-2004 11:39 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
SportsK1NG said:
you dont know what simulation time he had it.. so just bump it up a minute or two and stop worrying about it. they arnt even that far off, i mean 5 fgs and 2 less 90rec recievers? that is far from inacurate.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I'm not worrying about it. I just wanted to make a point that it's not as accurate as people say it is. It's not about the 90 receptions, but the lack of 100+ receptions receivers. The highest FG made in 2k5 was 25 in the nfl there were at least four players with an average of 35 Fg made. That's a big difference!

The simulation time, I'm thinking was 7 min, but can anyone verify this?

DocHolliday 07-16-2004 11:49 AM

I like my stats coming out realistic as well. That is one thing Madden is very good at, there stat engine is superb.

Hopefully sega fixed this and made the computer a competent runner, and Ill be happy.

SportsK1NG 07-16-2004 11:52 AM

well i think they are close and things can always be tweaked to make them closer.. you arent going to get a replica of the league AVGs from last year.