Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522)
-   -   #OSFMv2 40-man roster (giving this a try) (/forums/showthread.php?t=879796)

christian7210 04-26-2016 01:21 AM

#OSFMv2 40-man roster (giving this a try)

As promised (and apologies for the slight delay), I've uploaded the 40-man rosters onto the roster vault. File name is #OSFMv2 40-man rosters, and my gamertag is christiansoler.

A few notes on this:

- I can vouch for the accuracy of the rosters, which are based on each club's official web site.

- A few players Ridin left in the 25-man squads in his original v2 file are no longer part of the 40-man rosters (i.e. Andre Ethier and Kyle Schwarber). However, I left them there. For the Dodgers, I left out Zach Walters from the 40, while the Cubs had an open spot.

- A couple of players in the 40-man squads are not in this file: Junior Guerra (MIL) and Cesar Vargas (SD). The good news is that Guerra and Vargas are both in Ridin's v1.5 file. I will upload both players onto the player vault if you wish to include them in your rosters. The file I uploaded does not have both of them since it is my general rule not to touch Ridin's work of art.

- Teams with less than 40 players in the 40-man squads were not replaced by players de-listed due to inclusion in the 60-man DL. Likewise, teams with less than 40 players in their rosters were left as is (i.e. Toronto Blue Jays have 38 players)

I hope you find this helpful for your franchises or, in my case, simple offline play. Enjoy and thanks again to this wonderful community.

IamAdderlyn 04-26-2016 01:27 AM

Re: #OSFMv2 40-man roster (giving this a try)

Hi, I'm doing a 40 man roster too but I'm doing it exactly as it is listed on mlb.com, I mean no prospects if they are not on their team's roster. And as you say Blue Jays only have 38 players listed i leave it just like that with 38.

Right now I'm doing the White Sox but if you have done more than that I'll stop and wait for your roster when it's completely done.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BigOrangeVol4Life 04-26-2016 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christian7210 (Post 2048142216)
Hey guys, just letting you know I'm giving the 40-man roster a try. I'm going by who's on each roster's list from mlb.com. Am really not sure if you guys want, say, top prospects on the 40-man. I'll just go by the lists each club provides. If, for example, a team is short of 40, like Toronto (as of 4/26), I'll select a player with the highest skill level who's under contract in the minors.

I'll get this done within the next two hours. If anyone's interested, just chime in. I hope I'm doing this right (as far as what the community would find useful).

My gamertag is christian7210, and the file name in the vault will be #OSFMv2 40-man. I'll tweet it out too @christiansoler when it's all done and post here on OS.

This would seriously not be possible without Ridin and his crew, as well as Millennium. He did an extraordinary job on v1.5.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for doing this. Are you going to have to set up the starting lineups/rotations or does the CPU handle it?

christian7210 04-26-2016 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn (Post 2048142224)
Hi, I'm doing a 40 man roster too but I'm doing it exactly as it is listed on mlb.com, I mean no prospects if they are not on their team's roster. And as you say Blue Jays only have 38 players listed i leave it just like that with 38.

Right now I'm doing the White Sox but if you have done more than that I'll stop and wait for your roster when it's completely done.

I've gone through the entire AL East. I'll use this for my offline stuff too so I'll carry on. Your call, man. You can ease up and just play or relax. I'll plug away =)

IamAdderlyn 04-26-2016 01:36 AM

Well, I'll wait then, I started because I thought nobody was going to do it, thanks for doing it

christian7210 04-26-2016 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn (Post 2048142238)
Well, I'll wait then, I started because I thought nobody was going to do it, thanks for doing it

Thanks as well, I appreciate it.

tbbuccaneer87 04-26-2016 02:36 AM

Thanks for doing the 40-man rosters, sir. Can't wait!

laughingcoffin 04-26-2016 02:48 AM

Thank you for putting the work in for all of us!