Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Fighters that should be removed from weight classes (/forums/showthread.php?t=879838)

Dave_S 04-26-2016 02:28 PM

Fighters that should be removed from weight classes

Just my opinion. If you disagree that's awesome and I respect your opinions. To those not familiar with me my mma knowledge is pretty basic, so I decided to be the voice of the mma fans that don't know much but are always trying to learn.

-Cruz from featherweight

-C-Mac from featherweight (only in the future if he vacates title and says he is done at 145, this one isn't a big deal and he can stay, just would like him removed if he leaves belt and weight class)

-Dillashaw from featherweight

-Poirier if he gave up on FW for good (another one that's not a big deal)

-GSP from middleweight

-Rory from middleweight

-C-Mac from welterweight if he never fights there again after second Diaz fight if that even happens

-Lawler from MW, not a big deal, but I don't think he has ever fought at MW in second UFC run

-Weidman from LHW I know he's probably there because of superfight speculation with Jones, pretty sure that will never happen. I'm not too adamant about his removal from LHW.

-Jones from HW He's never fought there, this is another one that I'm not extremely opposed to him being there, but he's never fought there in ufc, and he might never even though he said he will

SMOKEZERO 04-26-2016 02:53 PM

Re: Fighters that should be removed from weight classes

So with this logic Sakuraba, Gracie, Ruten shouldn't even be in the game, right? I think you're going about this thread backward and rather should be adding fighters to weight classes. Always keep fighters in any of the weight classes they have competed in to preserve their legacy match ups and legacy in general. Add Whitaker back to 170, add Jury back to 155 etc. After all, the W-L record for those fighters has history in those weight classes.

Freakywwe 04-26-2016 02:59 PM

The only fighter I could justify taking out would be Jones at HW, and only online, just to mix up the fights in that weight. But there's no point taking guys out of weight classes they've fought in, more variety the better

Donnie_Brasco_FR 04-26-2016 03:09 PM

<hr style="color:#393939" size="1"> The back slide is so overpowered and that make buged our shots.
GPD, if you pass by here, make when we deny the opponent thai clinch, make him he is always in our reach in order to get him, we push him so far.
Leg kick is a part of significant strike, thats insane and crazy, you cant imagine the stolen decision there are, make significant strike just for L1 strike.

Pepsi 04-26-2016 03:15 PM

What's wrong with them being in these weightclasses?

It allows players to play out match ups that may never happen in real life, but should. For example, Jones at HW.

jeremym480 04-26-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi (Post 2048143292)
What's wrong with them being in these weightclasses?

It allows players to play out match ups that may never happen in real life, but should. For example, Jones at HW.

Agreed, don't remove anyone from any weightclasses. I would actually love to see them let anyone fight up or down one weightclass for offline (kind of like how online was for EA UFC 1 iirc). The more match-ups the better.

I am speaking strictly for offline, it really doesn't matter to me what they do online.

Bigg Cee 04-26-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremym480 (Post 2048143311)
Agreed, don't remove anyone from any weightclasses. I would actually love to see them let anyone fight up or down one weightclass for offline (kind of like how online was for EA UFC 1 iirc). The more match-ups the better.

I am speaking strictly for offline, it really doesn't matter to me what the do online.

Dont give them bad ideas, offline yes, online is a big OH HELL NO!!!! lol

Dave_S 04-26-2016 03:37 PM

I don't like it, I prefer they stick to accurate information. That's just my opinion, and I think it's awesome you guys are happy with it. There will always be some disagreements with fans, and I just wanted to present my opinion without seeming like my way is the right way.

If I had my way and the fighters had to stay in the weight classes they don't compete in I'd really like other fighters to be available in different weight classes.

Welterweight, middleweight and heavyweight Rumble, light heavyweight Rockford, lightweight Masvidal, welterweight cerrone, flyweight Lineker, featherweight DJ, lightweight Jury, featherweight Pearson, lightweight Thiago Alves (he's moving down in real life), Rashad Evans heavyweight.

Probably pipe dreams,