Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   New head of CFM Announced Last night (/forums/showthread.php?t=880079)

EASPORTS_AJ 05-03-2016 10:29 AM

Re: New head of CFM Announced Last night

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2048156787)
Some use Twitter, AJ, some don't.

AJ, with the latest tuner update, some of us are noting that fatigue isn't working, our 2nd string RB's are not being subbed in on long drives.

Before the tuner, I would have my back up James Starks in the game every so often. After 1 game sample size after tuner, Lacy played the whole game.

There are other users in the false start thread that are noticing the same thing.

Can you check into that?

Thanks

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-update-8.html

Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to imply I was only available on Twitter.

As for the fatigue feedback, this is in CFM or another mode? (I assume CFM, but want to make sure.)

roadman 05-03-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ (Post 2048158375)
Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to imply I was only available on Twitter.

As for the fatigue feedback, this is in CFM or another mode? (I assume CFM, but want to make sure.)

Yeah, CFM. Here is a good thread to follow besides the one I linked above.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iders-106.html

So, I tried default AP with the tuner on (everything at 50 and 60/80 subs across the board). It was like playing on AP in years past...way too easy for the user to score and there was virtually no defense.
Well, for kicks, keeping the default sliders, I deleted the tuner and restarted the game. To my surprise, there was just one 'gltchy' false start at the beginning of the game by the CPU. After that, the game played very well...albeit more skewed towards the offense (I'll get to that in a minute). So, the 'false start glitch' appeared to be gone.
After a series of tests, I determined that you can leave the tuner deleted. BUT, you must leave the penalty sliders (and I suspect, the gameplay sliders...though I have not tested) at default in both the main menu settings and CFM settings. You CAN, however, adjust fatigue and injury sliders (which is good). Not sure about threshold though....
Now, the good news....
Gameplay at default AP (ballhawk "off") is better than it has ever been with the patch installed and tuner deleted. There was tremendous variety in animations, gameplay was smooth, and lineplay was dynamic. I actually had quite a bit of fun with it to be honest. In my one half of extensive play, I had completion percentages for both sides (Romo v a CPU-controlled Eli) right at 65%.
The one downside was that I saw some wide open play and breakaway runs That, and a couple of other oddities told me that threshold may not be viable at 50. However, changing from 50 thresh may trigger the false start issue...I need more time....
So...as I see it, these are the options:

Tuner "On"
Stay on AP and try to make slider adjustments. Upping threshold might help here...but I have not tried it.
Go to AM....the guys in the AM slider threads have not experienced any issues to my knowledge.
Tuner "Off"
The only real option here is to go to default settings, but I like what I see enough to possibly stick with this option. I'd suggest the following based on my brief play tonight:
9 min quarters, no acc clock
All aids, including Ball Hawk, "Off"
All sliders, gameplay and penalty, at default in both MM and CFM
50 threshold
Injury and Fatigue slider as desired (see below regarding fatigue)
One note on this option: you will likely see one 'glitchy' CPU false start at the beginning of the game...but then it settles down back to normal.

User "fatigue" issue
There is definitely something wonky with this slider. I did a fair bit of testing tonight, and I had some games where the user players would rotate normally (relative to the 50 fatigue setting) and others where they wouldn't sub out. I saw this both with and without the tuner....and with the same player. I don't know if it is random or something else. I'm going to stay on 50 fatigue, but will continue to monitor.

Let me know what you guys see...

OhMrHanky 05-03-2016 10:53 AM

Not sure if this has been added to a wish list for CFM draft 'stuff' or not, so just wanted to add - I think they really should try to use the companion app for a slick smartphone draft board. This may be above and beyond what they're thinking about, but if they make a quality draft board, they should also try to add the companion app functionality, which would, I think, add some extra immersion, as if u were a GM or scout, whatever, and had all your info in the palm of your hand. And, the ability to manipulate the data directly from app. That would be a slick way to do it. And/or, the ability to control the ENTIRE draft from your smartphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EASPORTS_AJ 05-03-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kse79x (Post 2048157690)
Good to know. I really want to stress the ability to scrimmage for CFM leagues. Im guessing that is what some mean by Free Practice mode. When you have full leagues, itd be great to just play meaningless games, using our CFM teams against other league members. Good for practice, learning, screwing around, etc. And more importantly, to help pass the time between advances. Im not a coder, but it seems like itd be such an easy thing to include. Basically meaningless Head to Head games within the CFM league.

Something else. Is there a reason that Madden 15/16 never seems to be able to use the Xbox One resume function well? Meaning, when you turn off the Xbox after playing Madden, boot it back up to play Madden again. More often than not it cant ever sign you back into EA correctly. Or it locks up. 75% of the time you have to basically reboot Madden. I think this goes along with issues with Online CFM head to head games as well. So many times people end up having to reboot madden before they can join/start a session with opponent. Its been like this since Madden 15

Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated.

One thing I would say is, working here has made me realize that very rarely is anything "easy" to create in a game. ;)

Chiefsfan881129 05-03-2016 02:42 PM

AJ would love to see Dynamic Weather to Games as The Current Weather System is broken

There are times It's hot in December & January in madden

I rarely see any Blizzards -0 or lower Games & or Rainy Games it's always 75 degrees or the same old temperatures it seems plz fix this

It would be awesome if the weather channel feature or even Dynamic Weather was added to where conditions can change over the course of a game..

Plus plz make sure Retractable Roof Stadiums work this year last year the Roofs were always closed..

Lastly give us real life assistant coaches in game & hopefully CFM will finally be fun again.

I just wish all futures from Madden 05 Owners Mode would make its way back to madden including Legends from like madden 07 returning to use in CFM or unretire in CFM like Kurt Warner & others did a few maddens ago same with legendary coaches

All these things on top of madden 2005 owner mode features returning would have me playing CFM full time as I had a play with Madden 05 owner mode add those in with current CFM features & the mode is Deep.

Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

scoobyskyline3 05-06-2016 09:43 AM

Smh more clothing options for coaches made the list meanwhile i keep screaming to the world that homefield advantage in CFM needs to be more than ticket sales (which if you raise prices people wont show.... even though its the conference championship)

Any little thing to make it matter, being more immune to the weather, making crowd noise cause problems with audibles and delay snap counts or jagged play art like NCAA Football would make people feel like their hard work all season payed off when they get homefield.