Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   New head of CFM Announced Last night (/forums/showthread.php?t=880079)

howboutdat 04-29-2016 02:00 PM

Re: New head of CFM Announced Last night

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexicon (Post 2048150118)
I got excited when I saw this headline. Then I got depressed when I read that it's someone who will carry on the same vision. I cannot stand the way CFM has gone lately. Not to say this new lead will do everything the same, but if it's more XP and Drive Goals stuff, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Yeah im with you on that part. I mean do i want them to scrap it all and start totally over? No, but i hate the xp system, drive goals, how players ask for their contract amount based off their overall instead of production or a combo of both, and the scouting.Man i hate what they did to scouting. But i dont see them turning away from the XP system anytime soon because, lets face it, kids love feeling like they are playing COD: Madden edition. Its popular.

I wish Mr.White the best, at this point i dont even feel like its who is the head of CFM that matters anymore. Its clearly how much will EA suits allow them as far as resources to get things done. I mean we all know they have plenty of money they make off of MUT and Madden Mobile, funding CFM shouldn't be an issue , but thats another subject and where my personal issue lies with how much i can believe in them to get done for 17.

Jr. 04-29-2016 02:05 PM

Please 6 lb 8 oz baby Jesus get rid of the XP system

jpdavis82 04-29-2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexicon (Post 2048150118)
I got excited when I saw this headline. Then I got depressed when I read that it's someone who will carry on the same vision. I cannot stand the way CFM has gone lately. Not to say this new lead will do everything the same, but if it's more XP and Drive Goals stuff, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

People haven't even really seen what the vision for CFM is yet, I think 17 will give a better example of that, remember 16 was mostly built under Looman's vision still, Kolbe and John took over towards the middle to the end of the cycle.

Lexicon 04-29-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdavis82 (Post 2048150356)
People haven't even really seen what the vision for CFM is yet, I think 17 will give a better example of that, remember 16 was mostly built under Looman's vision still, Kolbe and John took over towards the middle to the end of the cycle.

Don't get me started on how disappointed I am with Looman. Man.

Anyway, what concerns me is they they made Drive Goals a thing, which wasn't Looman's thing at all, if I'm not mistaken. So that means they liked XP enough to build off of it. You know a lot more than most of us do about the situation, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait/see what White comes up with. Hoping for the best, but I have my reservations based off of what they've done so far (wasn't a fan of their "facelift" to the menus) and the interviews I heard Kolbe do leading up to everything. If I'm wrong about the Drive Goals not being theirs, then I owe them an apology.

jpdavis82 04-29-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexicon (Post 2048150404)
Don't get me started on how disappointed I am with Looman. Man.

Anyway, what concerns me is they they made Drive Goals a thing, which wasn't Looman's thing at all, if I'm not mistaken. So that means they liked XP enough to build off of it. You know a lot more than most of us do about the situation, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait/see what White comes up with. Hoping for the best, but I have my reservations based off of what they've done so far (wasn't a fan of their "facelift" to the menus) and the interviews I heard Kolbe do leading up to everything. If I'm wrong about the Drive Goals not being theirs, then I owe them an apology.

You didn't like what they did with the menus? Why? They are much better now and especially the depth chart.

Lexicon 04-29-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdavis82 (Post 2048150438)
You didn't like what they did with the menus? Why? They are much better now and especially the depth chart.

Firstly, they threw the news (pictures & social media feed) into a submenu on the back tab, so the only thing that really had any semblance of immersing you in your Franchise's "world" was buried. Secondly, everything is blue and nothing pops out. Aesthetically, it was not pleasing at all to me. I had no issue really with the Depth Chart menu. I don't think it was all that necessary, as I did just fine with the old Depth Chart menu, but it wasn't something I disliked.

Ultimately, I just felt like instead of making the menu something that immerses you in your league right off the bat, they just tried to streamline everything so that you could get to the next week as quickly as possible. I understand why that was done, but I wish they'd focus more on immersion and less on "GET TO THE SUPER BOWL FAST!"

I'd prefer everything on one page and not have to tab over anymore. Maybe I'm just old in that mindset.

DeuceDouglas 04-29-2016 05:33 PM

Best of luck to him. Not expecting much after last year. Unfortunately I think CFM is going to need to get worse before it gets good. It'll never happen but IMO they need to strip it down and rebuild entirely.

CM Hooe 04-29-2016 05:41 PM

There is plenty I think Tiburon can and will do to improve the CFM experience - and I'm sure John will have no problem executing on the creative vision of CFM going forward to build up the experience - but given that every major mechanic added to the game since Madden 13 introduced XP has built upon and reinforced the concept - be it Game Prep, Dynamic Drive Goals, Goal Chaining, or whatever else - I think any wish for XP to go away remains a non-starter for Madden 17.