Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   New head of CFM Announced Last night (/forums/showthread.php?t=880079)

DeuceDouglas 04-29-2016 05:43 PM

Re: New head of CFM Announced Last night

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexicon (Post 2048150456)
Firstly, they threw the news (pictures & social media feed) into a submenu on the back tab, so the only thing that really had any semblance of immersing you in your Franchise's "world" was buried. Secondly, everything is blue and nothing pops out. Aesthetically, it was not pleasing at all to me. I had no issue really with the Depth Chart menu. I don't think it was all that necessary, as I did just fine with the old Depth Chart menu, but it wasn't something I disliked.

Ultimately, I just felt like instead of making the menu something that immerses you in your league right off the bat, they just tried to streamline everything so that you could get to the next week as quickly as possible. I understand why that was done, but I wish they'd focus more on immersion and less on "GET TO THE SUPER BOWL FAST!"

I'd prefer everything on one page and not have to tab over anymore. Maybe I'm just old in that mindset.

The old Xbox/PS2 era menus were the best IMO. Plus there would be plenty of room to add things around it to make you feel immersed. The visual depth chart was okay but felt more in the way than anything and I still preferred using the other depth chart. My biggest issue with the menus is that they're still so slow especially when switching characters. And I agree with how you said things were streamlined. It was about to getting to the next game as quickly as possible and everything else was still buried under tabs and icons.

charter04 04-29-2016 05:53 PM

New head of CFM Announced Last night

We'll see if anything actually gets better. Every time a new guy comes in (I know he was already working on CFM at the end of last cycle) we hear the same things.

All problems are the fault of the person/team being replaced. Now we will finally see the "real" vision. Now we will see some progress. Lol

It's going to take a lot to convince me that Tiberon will make CFM a big priority. MUT seems to get most of the game mode attention.

Hate to sound negative but, I've heard it all before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CM Hooe 04-29-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charter04 (Post 2048150712)
It's going to take a lot to convince me that Tiberon will make CFM a big priority. MUT seems to get most of the game mode attention.

It bears repeating, again, that MUT had effectively nothing significant added to it in M16, especially relative to what was added to CFM this past year.

redsox4evur 04-29-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM Hooe (Post 2048150730)
It bears repeating, again, that MUT had effectively nothing significant added to it in M16, especially relative to what was added to CFM this past year.

I agree with this.

Also I feel like it would be harder to add things to CFM where it is both an offline and online mode. I can't think of a time where things were different between the 2 at launch. Whereas MUT is an online mode it may be easier to add things to that. This is pure speculation as I have no experience with programming or anything that goes into making a game.

charter04 04-29-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM Hooe (Post 2048150730)

They are still adding to MUT. First they added MUT ranked. Then the new MUT salary cap mode. Plus they are constantly adding new players.

Plus most gameplay adjustments come from fixing exploits and things that happen in MUT.

I'm not anti MUT by the way. I really enjoy MUT salary cap.

Rex himself said that the All Madden QB accuracy got adjusted because of his experience in All Madden MUT solo challenges.

Maybe it doesn't take as much resources to do those things. Maybe it takes much more time to do what has been done in CFM. I'm admittedly ignorant to what goes into game development.

I'm not a fan of XP or the current direction of CFM so maybe that affects my opinion too.

I did play 4 full seasons in a 32 man online league so I have enjoyed the game.

I just hope they add a lot of things to make mode immersive. I know the base of the mode won't change.

The most immersion our league had was a result of our own content we did on our forum since CFM is so bare boned content wise. Also we had to use a site called daddyleagues to fill in more gaps.

Hopefully we see more progress

Lexicon 04-29-2016 06:59 PM

I don't mind XP so much if it were left to the off-season. Mini-camps, training camps, and things of that nature would be fun to earn XP or progress your players. It's so prominent in the regular season that it really overtakes everything else. Even inside the games themselves. It's just too much.

jpdavis82 04-29-2016 07:04 PM

I expect a more immersive CFM with better presentation, now as far as XP goes, I have no idea on that, but I do think people will be impressed this year just based on the things Kolbe and John shared with me last year. Kolbe didn't leave until nearly the very end of this cycle so this game should be carrying out their vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogueHominid 04-29-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdavis82 (Post 2048149814)
He's the same guy that worked with Kolbe on 16, he's not new.

You kill me man. He's new to the position, and he's not a biological or psychological clone of Kolbe, so it's likely that he'll have some ideas of his own that are new and different and take the mode in new directions that take several years to realize fully, which he almost certainly won't see to completion because that's the way it works in Madden.

That's my beef.

I get that you see nothing but rainbows, and I'm happy for you in that regard. I'm a cynic by nature, and I see an increased likelihood that CFM, which is already a weird mixture of partially realized ideas, will continue to feel develop in the scattershot fashion that has defined recent iterations of the game.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope the new guy does a good job. Pretty much all I want is for the game not to get markedly worse during the "development" process. And I want CFM to be as gimmick-free and as simulation-oriented as possible. We'll see if that's what we get or not in a few months.