Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2 (/forums/showthread.php?t=880233)

SUGATA 05-01-2016 08:37 AM

Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

The main issue of UFC 1 was the lack of real in game Stopping power, strike crushed other strike by script (for ex, Leg kick is crushing punches).
Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHn0JaV2lPI

Machida performed clean hit by head kick BUT Jones is NOT stunned by this and perform body hook to FLASH KO (body was undamaged) = RANDOM frustration. Machida performed successful clean hit by powerful technical Head Kick on counter (opponent recovery phase) > but there are no Hit stun in this game and Jones has not hit stun and easily continue his Body hook after this crucial strike > his Body hook ended by FLASH KO (TKO) (Machida's torse was absolutely undamaged). This is terribly WRONG MECHANIC! Every landed strike must influence a Hit stun, stronger strike - stronger (longer) Hit stun - more advantage for my follow ups... Only then in the game will be a role for 90% of strikes after Jabs & Hooks!

What we see now in EA UFC 2 (me remember that devs promised the new real-physics striking with stopping power for strike hits not only for last knockout moves):
- strike is crushing other strike by scripts (scenarios) not by real striking physics (kinetic energy).
- clear Side body kick by Crocop > just after the hit phase in his recovery hunt begin his hook w/o any hit stun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDvkO-41FMk&edit=vd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwffSAeJkCI

here are some examples where Crocop is doing side body kick with full stamina and no stopping power - i.e. after clear hit (Hunt is holding High head block) he immediately then recieved a counter hook on his recovery (returning his leg) exactly like it was in UFC 1 with Machida !

One more example of strikes exchange w/o any stopping power from strikes - this is named "strikes mashing" wich has not any strategy, counting, mindgame, just lacky random festival... it is ruining striking game in EA UFC:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillyboi207 (Post 2048154464)
I know

Hunt's being so high was why he was able to walk through that. It's stupid. A shot that lands flush should be able to cause a slight stun even if the opponents stamina is high. In this game you can eat a bunch of hard shots as long as your stamina is high.

May be in last rounds stamina/endurance level may encrease stopping power and hit effects but this increasing is not big.
Here is 5th round low stamina /endurance = no stopping power:

If you think that this leg kick crushing by punch is because of stopping power - you are wrong because this is not depending on any factors, not on real-life physics, this is script scenarios (punch is crushing kick) like it was in EA UFC 1:

We need CONSTANT STOPPING POWER for strikes like it is in real life, real physics and all other arcade and sim fighting games!!!

Every strike has 3 phases: startup, hit and recovery.
If strike is clearly landed (clear hit) it causes a HIT STUN, which means that my next action will be some time sooner than opponent's (while he is still in hit stun) > opponent is forced to use fast weak strike or better going to block which has small or 0 startup.
If strike is blocked/parried it causes a BLOCK STUN to me, which means that my next action will be some time later than opponent's (while i still in block stun) > i am forced to use fast weak strike or better going to block.
If my Strong enough strikes is landed (hit pase) on opponent's strike startup - my strike must to crush/interrupt opponent's strike > make slow strong strikes only when you have an advantage.

Those are the basic rules for the most arcade and sim fighting games because this rules forcing players to play mindful, to hit check their strikes, to pay attention to their advantage and to know when to attack and when to block.

But now we have not this rules in EA UFC 2 so striking game becomes mindless more random.

The history of the problem:

Large post on old ea forum about Stopping power issue in EA UFC 1:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10158522.page

Large post as a solution for this problem and Short/Long reach fighters balance:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10299350.page

GameplayDevUFC answer about this in launch of EA UFC 2:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/45/10377720.page

What now we have in EA UFC 2 = scripted stopping power but not stopping powers which depends on Fighter stats/Stamina/Amplitude/Advantage:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048153572
I have one question to devs: you made an awesome genuine the best ever Grappling in MMA game but the striking mechanic still is not fixed and still IS THE MAIN issue with the game. Do you need our help to explain to you what really is stopping power and how to implement this easily in the game?
just ask to us. please.

2 main problems in EA UFC because of lack of stopping power:
1) Early landed strike does not crush/interrupt starting opponent strike:
- as a result after successfully landed strike (clear hit) i am getting in "reward" still continued opponent's strike in my recovery phase (returning limb).

2) Just after getting clear hit opponent can immediate;y w/o delay launch his strike because there are no hit stun from strikes:
- so you can not to plan your strikes and series because you never know what you will get after it in exchange

The lack of Stopping power in the game make 90% of Strike Move list useless!
Why? Because other than Jab/Hook/basic kicks strikes are much sower, yes they may have more da,age but not hit stun and stopping power so they becomes very risky and there NOT POSSIBLE TO SETUP them (to make pre conditions for them) because you never can not to be sure that opponent will be stunned after next your strike enough to launch this strike AND you may be sure that the opponent CAN TO STRIKE you immediately after you successfully land this advanced strike on him because your recovery (returning limb) is so long and there a no hit stuns!

Devs, so we are forced to use only 10% of strikes to play successfully in your game > monotonous gameplay!

In EA UFC 1-2 and Fight Night champion also:
- there are no real constant stopping power in the game, no constant hit stuns. So you getting counter hits after your successful clear hit on your recovery - opponent can just mash buttons strikes.
- 90% stun animation is not real because during it he can luanch strikes like from neutral state (usually stun animation is a fake); IN Indisputed during stun animation you can do nothing so you can depend your action on what you see (see opponent's stun animation go to strike during it).
There is possible to deal hit stun as Full body hit reaction rarely in the game when you gain cumulative huge damage (by combo multiplier and after huge counter opportunity after parry for ex) - so it happens 1. rarely, 2. is not thing which we could plan and 3. on which we can build our strategy - it is fully random and unpredictable in strikes exchange.
This is totally wrong game mechanic.

Here is an example of REAL Stopping power (which we ALL WISH!) from UFC Undisputed 3 from Yukes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt3G0GWJt08

1:46 Herring crushed from neutral state Crocrop 1st Hook on its mid way; Cricop crushed opponent's kick and stun is so huge (disbalance) that he can land 2nd follow ups Strike:

DEVS, you made excellent grappling but if you will not change Striking mechanic in your game, i am sure 3rd game will be failed, just check what the most threads and posts complaints are about!! Real stopping powra is a MUST TO BE IN feature for EA UFC 3 success!

How to fix it:
- Strike stopping power must depends on: stats, stamina, endurance, amplitude (short reach has advantage on short distance, long - on long), may be a bit on combo multiuplier (for gameplay), from counter opportunity for single strikes (more multiplier after parry/evade (whiff strike)/counter on opponent startup phase).
- More stopping power deals more damage and Hit stun (pause before opponent will be possible to action)
- When opponent in hit stun - he can immediately to Block but not to launch strike
- successful Block deals opponent a Block stun, for him - an advantage for his actions.
> NEW striking Gameplay:
- block or evade opponent actions for more advantage for your follow up strikes
- then start striking series
- but if your strikes where blocked or whiff - you in disadvantage and stop striking and go to block to regain advantage.
= this will solve ALL problems with eternal threads about striking issues in EA UFC 1-2: Hook spam, no stopping power, dicbalance between short and long reach fighters!

Devs, if you read this - please react to this thread and post your comments about currnet striking mechanic and how are you going to fix it! Thanks in advance.

MalformedDC2009 05-01-2016 09:45 AM

Re: Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

Yeah, there is not enough stopping power in this game. Especially for Heavyweights who REALLY should have it. It is completely beyond me as to why Heavyweights have no power. I quit playing some time ago because of this, and only play in Tournaments or special events now.

Ant from HellCounty 05-01-2016 10:16 AM

Exactly.

Just look at Junior dos Santos vs Ben Rothwell. JDS controlled the entire fight with TWO strikes.

The problem with this game is that you can walk thru everything without consequence, that's not how it should be. The striking in general needs an overhaul.

WarMMA 05-01-2016 12:13 PM

Yup the stopping power isn't true cuz it isn't tied to the strikes themselves. Then certain strikes don't even get hit reactions most times (teep kicks to body, rear leg kicks, switch leg kicks, ect). By having the striking this way, all this does is aid the player that likes to button mash and spam. Why? Cuz you hit them and no hit stun happens, which means they get to hit you with free strikes while your move animation is still playing out. This is very spam catering and ruins the game of players that wanna use a full arsenal of moves, by limiting them to using the moves that get more consistent hit reactions like modified strikes. So yh that's the real issue with this games striking and that's how it still caters to spam, despite the all new hit reactions. The patch has helped a bit, but the striking is still brawly at heart and thus still caters more to that side.

Mrbluray 05-01-2016 12:32 PM

The combo multiplier simulates stopping power, I believe.

norml 05-01-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrbluray (Post 2048153842)
The combo multiplier simulates stopping power, I believe.

How does a "Combo Multiplier" simulate 1 punch stopping power?

Pepsi 05-01-2016 12:44 PM

The striking game should really be all about, distance, timing and strike selection.

In MMA you really do no want to be having to attempt to block strikes all that much, because all you are doing with the 4oz gloves is damage limitation. There is no way you are blocking anywhere even close to 100% of the damage.

Opponents wading through strikes has always been an immersion killing problem in MMA games

There are 2 issues with this. 1. The striking mechanics have not yet advanced to such a level as to allow for a realistic striking simulation. 2. I fear that such a striking system would never be fully implemented for fear of scaring off the "casual" gamer.

SUGATA 05-01-2016 12:58 PM

The history of the problem:

Large post on old ea forum about Stopping power issue in EA UFC 1:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10158522.page

Large post as a solution for this problem and Short/Long reach fighters balance:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10299350.page

GameplayDevUFC answer about this in launch of EA UFC 2:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/45/10377720.page

What now we have in EA UFC 2 = scripted stopping power but not stopping powers which depends on Fighter stats/Stamina/Amplitude/Advantage:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048153572
I have one question to devs: you made an awesome genuine the best ever Grappling in MMA game but the striking mechanic still is not fixed and still IS THE MAIN issue with the game. Do you need our help to explain to you what really is stopping power and how to implement this easily in the game?
just ask to us. please.