Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   2k17 Roster Making Brainstorm Session - Ps4, Xbox, Pc (/forums/showthread.php?t=880311)

Coachjosh21 05-02-2016 05:36 AM

2k17 Roster Making Brainstorm Session - Ps4, Xbox, Pc

Hi all, so it's a bit early to talk about 2k17 but some ideas have surfaced on how to make rosters quickly, efficiently and just have more of them. If we can get enough people on board, the idea is to collaborate on the roster making process by working on the same roster file with several members adding their contributions to each project and then sharing our findings across platforms.

My hope is one person can create a Cap of say...Reggie Miller. On let's say...ps4. He will add his cap to every ps4 roster that needs a Reggie Miller. Then that person will share his formula for the created cap so other cap makers can just copy for their own rosters on Xbox and pc. This way we can build our projects off each other. Imagine the time saved in creating just one Reggie Miller shared across dozens of rosters. Then imagine that saved time can be put into creating even more rosters!

Let's brainstorm ideas on what tools we can use (like Google docs), what specific rosters we would like to create and start determining who will fulfill what roles in the roster making process.

Were mainly talking about a gameplan for 2k17 so we can start working ahead and then making rosters right at release time in September. I suppose if we're really motivated enough and get working right away, we have time to crank out rosters for 2k16 as well, but we'll see where the discussion goes...

I will start it off by sharing my ideas on how we can organize this along with some other details. I will update this first post as ideas come up. Post your idea, I'll edit in the first post and let see what sticks!

Custom Roster ideas
Specific Opening day season rosters starting w 2014-15
Playoff rosters w opening day season rosters as a base
Best teams of all time
Best team from each franchise
Best players of each franchise
Best 500 players of all time for fantasy draft
Past Olympics
Recreate past NBA finals matchups starting w 2015
2016 Olympic teams
2016-17 season edits using agreed upon ratings, tendencies, sigs, updated contracts etc. (could be updated weekly???)

Draft class ideas
Specific years that correspond with a season roster (ie 1997 draft class)
Fictional drafts
Future draft classes using names of real prospects (ie 2017 draft class)

Roster Project Task List
Ideally we need 1 person per bulletpoint. Post in this thread and let me know which assignment(s) you would like to take. I'm thinking some assignments like cap faces, and sig shots need multiple people so they can bounce ideas off each other. They could even post created faces and sigs on OS for the other contributors to weigh in on and suggest alternatives.

Cap creation
- Cap faces
- Cap body and related vitals (height, weight, wingspan etc)
- cap background vitals (like birthdate, college, jersey number)
- Ratings
- tendencies
- Badges
- accessories and shoes
- Sig shots and moves
- Hotspots

Research and put in spreadsheet as a reference across all platforms
- players' body and related vitals (height, weight, wingspan etc)
- players' background vitals (like birthdate, college, jersey number)
- player ratings
- Player tendencies
- Player Badges
- Player accessories and shoes
- Sig shots and moves
- Hotspots
- Staff ratings and tendencies
- Coaching sliders
- Points of emphasis
- Playbooks
- Playbook assignments (3pt, cutter, low post plays etc)

Roster Editing and Inputting
For Ps4:
- cap creation
- Team composition (adding or trading players to the correct team)
- existing Player info (vitals, ratings, tendencies etc)
- coaching info (coaching sliders, Poe, plays etc)
For Xbox:
- cap creation
- Existing Player info (vitals, ratings, tendencies etc)
For Pc:
- cap creation
- existing Player info (vitals, ratings, tendencies etc)

Gameplay testing and sliders
- simulate games and seasons to check stats
- CPU v CPU
- CPU v user
- slider adjustments

CREDITS
Basically anyone that posts here or inspired an idea will be mentioned and given credit. I really want people to feel like their contributions are valuable and appreciated. We all do this for free and purely for the fun of it.

Coachjosh21 - "Evil Producer"
Damjan10
Perfect23
Jaiveer - PS4 - Caps and ratings input for ps4
Vizzyxv - PS4 - spreadsheet input (currently working on current year 2015-16)
Sonicimage - PC - ratings and tendencies
Sim world team - inspired me to believe a community can make vast quantities of high quality classic rosters
Janmagn - PC - fictional draft classes (player types along with ratings and tendencies based on past players)
Tekkonkinkreet - PS4/Xbox - fictional draft classes
dweeks82 - PS4 - player editing including sigs, badges and contracts
doodypoo - PS4 - player attributes, caps
Cycloniac - PS4 - player ratings and tendencies, caps, gameplay sliders
Teondaddy1 - PS4 - draft classes

MOST WANTED ROSTER MAKERS
Lend us your talents and lets make amazing rosters as a team!

MJWizards
Freno90
Zakmarcin
CD90

Damjan10 05-02-2016 05:47 AM

Re: 2k17 Roster Making Brainstorm Session - Ps4, Xbox, Pc

Nice idea. I play a lot of PES and there is a great site for stats, I suppose it would be possible to make this for 2K but with CAP formulas (Vitals, face builds as well as attributes, tendencies and badges)

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/

Jaiveer 05-02-2016 10:06 AM

Great Idea, if we want to start one for 2K16 since there is some time left still. I can do ratings and some caps.

Perfect23 05-02-2016 10:50 AM

I would also stick historic Olympic teams in there too. I think vtcrb did one for 2k13, it was sick.

Coachjosh21 05-02-2016 01:48 PM

Added Olympic teams.
Any suggestions for what kind of roster to make for 2k16? I think a roster that includes best players of all time or something that includes many current players would be quick to make and still gives people enough time to play it.

Jaiveer 05-02-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coachjosh21 (Post 2048156324)
Added Olympic teams.
Any suggestions for what kind of roster to make for 2k16? I think a roster that includes best players of all time or something that includes many current players would be quick to make and still gives people enough time to play it.

Maybe the best teams of all time with 2-4 from each year starting from this year going down.

VizzyXV 05-03-2016 02:26 AM

I started up a spreadsheet, if any of you want an invite to it inbox me your gmail address

Basically all I'm doing now is a 2015-16 roster, just the personal info FOR NOW

I figure we could do that and just work backwards year by year? Or unless everyone really wants a certain year

Coachjosh21 05-03-2016 02:28 AM

I think working backwards is good! I just saw Jaiveer's thread of all the draft classes he made this year. I had no idea he made so many. I'm very excited about what we can all do together!