Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Name UFC fights that have ended un the clinch (/forums/showthread.php?t=880622)

Phenomenal01 05-06-2016 08:16 AM

Name UFC fights that have ended un the clinch

Silva vs. Franklin
Carwin vs Mir

What else? When do we see the fight end in the clinch? How easy is it to end the fight in the clinch in this game? Enough said. Clinch is OP end of story this never happens in MMA, period.

Notorious8 05-06-2016 08:19 AM

Re: Name UFC fights that have ended un the clinch

Just because it rarely happends doesn't mean it can never happen.

Just practice it, it's easy to stop and to defend...

Only thing that's annoying is that people spam it over and over again.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

scyth223 05-06-2016 08:34 AM

No one really used the clinch in the first game. I had so many fights where I just ignored the clinch. I think the idea was to make it more accessible.

I think the real question is how many knockouts do we see from the clinch? Silva vs Franklin is obviously the main one maybe they need to be toned down a little.

In the first game I'd mix up my takedowns all day. Now all my takedowns come from the clinch so something isn't quite right there.

Man I miss those awesome Chael Sonnen type takedowns. They were so cool to pull off.

Pax_Vision 05-06-2016 09:00 AM

Rousey vs McMann. Although the fight was a KO from the clinch, Rounda had her in the MT clinch and dropped her with a knee to the body...

JeffertonAlive 05-06-2016 09:29 AM

You should at least have to chain a few knees together to get a knockdown, Not on the 1st knee!
The current Clinch Game compared to Undisputed 3 is Atrocious.

scyth223 05-06-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pax_Vision (Post 2048164672)
Rousey vs McMann. Although the fight was a KO from the clinch, Rounda had her in the MT clinch and dropped her with a knee to the body...

True but at UFC 198 there's 14 fights. How many UFC events have we seen this year 11? That's 154 fights roughly.

Rousey McMann happened in 2014. Silva vs Franklin happened 10 years ago.

There are other examples, but if we work out how many fights there are per year the clinch knockout ratio is tiny.

SwedishTouch76 05-06-2016 09:43 AM

You very rarely see fighters looking to clinch up in the middle of the ring though. Fighters don't walk around just looking to MT clinch you repeatedly. It's generally used when you've already hurt your opponent or when they back themselves to the fence...

GameplayDevUFC 05-06-2016 10:40 AM

Johnson vs Cejudo?

Sent from my LT30a using Tapatalk