Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   OhMrHanky's M16 All-Pro Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=880868)

OhMrHanky 05-09-2016 12:13 PM

OhMrHanky's M16 All-Pro Sliders

So, I'm a little late to the game, but am enjoying my sliders enough that I wanted to post em in case some people still can't find what they're looking for.

Overall Goals for my own personal football satisfaction:
1. Realism. I want the game to look and play like real football. I want running to be tough, but rewarding. I want to see some errant QB throws. I want football strategy to help dictate overall play. This being the case, I am first and foremost interested in seeing the proper ANIMATIONS. From my experience with this game and prior Maddens, for me, personally, when the animations are correct, you will also get correct stats, which is something I wish to achieve, but again, I am more concerned with animation(s).
Well, I guess that's it for 'Goals'. Lol. As I wrote this post, I realize that the goal, 'Realism' is quite over-reaching. So, specifically what do I want to see, and what do I think I see with these sliders:
I want to see some dropped passes, some fumbles when appropriate, etc. I want (and do) see pass interference called, as well as def holding and overall, I want to see an appropriate number of penalties called, in general. If I want gear up to specifically stop the run by blitzing a safety, or stacking the line, I CAN. I want blitzing on 3rd down to have that risk/reward feel.
I have also included my visual feedback and volume settings which, for me, make feel more like I'm playing football, and NOT a football video game, if that makes sense. So, I tend to turn off most visual feedback and I completely removed the Phil Simms commentary that everyone loves so much. Lol.

Madden 16 sliders
Inside CFM, select Options --> Settings
All-pro
15 min
Acc clock time 14 secs
Game speed fast
Auto strafe Off
Pre snap menu On
Coaching tips Off
Heat seeker On
Ball hawk On
Switch assist On
Camera settings standard
On field visual feedback Off
Def tackle indicator Off
Passing camera On
Kick aiming arc Off
Previous play info Off
Camera toggle On
Tutorial popups On
Fill roster Off
Re-sign players Off
Progress players Off
Sign offseason FAs Off
Sim prep activities On

Inside CFM, select Options --> Gameplay sliders
Player skill
QB acc 45
PB 49
WR Catch 52
RB 33
Fumbles 42
Pass d time 50
INT 50
Pass cov 50
Tackle 46

CPU skill
QB acc 46
PB 49
WR Catch 52
RB 37
Fumbles 42
Pass d time 50
INT 50
Pass cov 50
Tackle 46

Injuries 50
Fatigue 60 - latest tuner update seems to have broken fatigue
Min speed thresh 35

Penalties
Offside 52
False start 53
Holding 53
Def hold 52
Face mask 51
Def PI 53
Illegal block in back 50
Rough passer 50

Settings INSIDE THE GAME of CFM. The following settings need to be set inside of an actual game of CFM and simply add/create a more 'on the field' experience for me, personally, and remove the extra 'visual and audio clutter' from the game. Pause the game and select Options --> Settings
Visual Feedback
Kick aiming arc Off
Previous play information Off
Pre-snap Menu On
Player names Pre-snap Only
Franchise XP and Goal Feedback Off
Passing Cam On
On field visual feedback Off
Defensive tackle indicator Off

Volume Control
I modify this to REMOVE the commentary. Lol. This gives me a more 'on the field' experience and I'm not a fan of the commentary, anyways. This is completely up to u, but I like this MUCH BETTER than default settings/commentary.
In-game commentary 0
All other settings 100.
I tried tinkering with having slightly louder fans, speakers, on field, etc. but, in the end, I felt everything needed to be 100. So, just turn the commentary off with 0, unless u love Phil Simms. Lol.

A few FYIs I'll try to mention and update here:
1. If u r switching from Normal or Slow to my preferred Fast game speed, the game WILL take an adjustment. I do not know whether it is simply on the user to adjust, but it actually felt like it was the GAME that had to adjust. The first game u play on Fast will/may look wonky. Please, play a 2nd game before criticizing. I noticed this as well when I switched from Normal to Fast. But, during the 2nd game, the animations were 'smoothed out', again. While I have noticed several slider guys prefer Normal or Slow often because the animations 'look better,' the game itself just does not play to the 'speed of football,' imo, and after the 2nd game, I felt the animations were just fine and, again, I prefer to play at an actual 'football speed'.
2. These are meant for CFM and have only been used/tested in CFM on Xbox One.
3. Fumble/tackling/facemask sliders, imo, help dictate pursuit/running lanes, actually. As I slid my sliders around, an interesting one really is the fumble slider. While, this obviously has the effect of causing more fumbles to happen, it opens up the tackling animations as well. In fact, it appears to help 'steer' both offensive and defensive players into more appropriate direct paths to the ball carrier so that a 'big hit' animation can occur. This does NOT always cause a fumble, FYI, but, imo, it adds the 'correct' tackle animations. Set too low, and u will see too many big hits, but set too high, and I feel like u lose some important realistic big hitting animations. Set too high, and I feel u ONLY see 'soft' wrap tackles NO MATTER what angle u hit from. So, for me, this needed to be lowered. The facemask slider actually comes into play here as well. If u mix low fumble with high facemask, u will see constant facemask penalties. So, those have to be balanced. I believe I have the appropriate balance, but wanted to mention some of the 'slider connectedness' I have noticed when slidering. Interestingly enough, as well, I have noticed that if u r up late in the game, u do actually see more big hit attempts by the CPU which result in either big hits, fumbles, or face masks because, legit, the CPU knows 'I MUST get the ball back at any cost.' Which, is kind of cool, imo.

4. Fumbles/WR catch/QB Acc. These actually work in conjunction, as well, imo. And, ultimately, a balance is needed as well. Again, for me, my sliders do balance this correctly. But, QB acc sort of alters coverage, imo. Meaning, the lower the QB ACC, the better defenders will cover. On top of that, all 3 of these sliders can affect WR drops. That is actually why I raised WR catch slightly to 52. After lowering fumbles to 42-43 range, I saw too many WR drops. So, I raised WR catch a little to balance out. If u think u want to see a few more drops, u can lower WR catch to even just 51 or 50, and I think u will see a few more. QB ACC at 45 for CPU is currently showing me some errant throws, again, which is nice.

5. RBK/PBK. RBK is interesting in its own right, honestly. I gotta tell u what I see at 50+ is not necessarily 'better' blocking. What I looked at for RBK, in general, is to look primarily at the FB and see if he blocks like a dumba$$ or not. Lol. Seriously, at 50+, watch the FB block for u on a Power O. Ask yourself, 'is he blocking the most immediate threat?' 'Did he block the man right in front of him?' 'Did he COMPLETELY MISS the most important immediate threat(s) and run downfield to block an UNIMPORTANT Safety?' And, finally, 'was he COMPETELY indecisive in his decision making, in general?' I have seen ALL OF THESE SCENARIOS play out, and I played with the RBK slider till I saw what I wanted. I want my FB to be DECISIVE, I want him to have an idea who to block, but if a LB is going to blow up the RB, I want him to recognize this and attempt to block him with NO HESITATION!!! Lol. And, strangely enough, with RBK at 33 for human, I see these things. The CPU is set at 37-38 to help him out some and maintain blocks. Now, interestingly enough, again, I do believe RBK affects pass blocking as well. While RBK may affect multiple things, it DEFINITELY affects block shedding. This does appear to have implications on passing plays as well. So, if u set CPU RBK too low (honestly, for me, 38 is the threshold. Lower than this and u will see too good of block shedding by your players), u will see increased pass rush due to stronger block shedding by D. You can most quickly see this on kick returns, actually. Set RBK to 37 or lower for the CPU, and on a kickoff, you will see IMMEDIATE block sheds from your players. This was helpful for me in my tweaking as the instant block shed was obviously too much, so I knew to not lower it any further.

I'll twitch from time to time if anyone's curious what games look like with these sliders.
https://www.twitch.tv/ohmrhanky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhMrHanky 05-09-2016 03:14 PM

Re: OhMrHanky's M16 All-Pro Sliders

Twitching right now. https://www.twitch.tv/ohmrhanky

OhMrHanky 05-09-2016 04:50 PM

Finished twitch. High scoring affair. I am playing with Falcons CFM. Played the redskins who now have Bridgewater throwing to Alshon Jeffery who ATE ME UP for 215 yds and 3 TDs including one where he broke 5 tackles. Lol. Fun game, though. QBs both had some inflated stats due to a few big plays. I had 417 yards passing. They had 333 and 118 yards rushing due to their beast RB with 94 trk and 95 SA. Final score was 47-37, which is a bit high, and not what I'm always shooting for. There were some defensive stops. I did punt 5 times. They punted twice. I had 2 INT, safety, and caused a fumble (they recovered, though). I burned em on a blitz or 2 and threw over the top to TE in those situations (long 79 Yard TD). Matt Ryan was 24/33 with 3 TDs and 1 INT. Bridgewater was 24/36 with 4 TDs and 2 INT. Penalty yards were 29 for skins and 25 for Birds. I believe there was an off holding, a def holding, a neutral zone infraction, and I'm not sure what else. But, just FYI, penalties occurred.

OhMrHanky 05-11-2016 08:19 PM

Twitching Falcons vs packers right now. I am lowering QB acc a little as QBs seem too accurate after recent tuner update.
Having network issues. Stopping twitch. Interesting, though - I increased fatigue to 60 because it wasn't working at all after last tuner update, and I have seen a LB substitution (which, I actually do want to see from time to time). So, I'm curious to watch rest of game and see if I have any disappearing players, though.

JoshC1977 05-12-2016 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhMrHanky (Post 2048175854)
Twitching Falcons vs packers right now. I am lowering QB acc a little as QBs seem too accurate after recent tuner update.
Having network issues. Stopping twitch. Interesting, though - I increased fatigue to 60 because it wasn't working at all after last tuner update, and I have seen a LB substitution (which, I actually do want to see from time to time). So, I'm curious to watch rest of game and see if I have any disappearing players, though.

I have fatigue at 75 and they won't disappear like in old versions of the game. You're fine.

OhMrHanky 05-12-2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2048177949)
I have fatigue at 75 and they won't disappear like in old versions of the game. You're fine.

75??!!! Lol. No kidding? I tell u, man. I increased it to 60, and saw a little more fatigue, but still wasn't seeing what I wanted. I increased to 62, now. And, I may keep upping it or even shoot it right to 75 for a game and see. But, I tell u what's funny that I'm seeing - the higher I go on fatigue, the less penalties I'm seeing, and specifically, I'm ONLY seeing false start/offsides now whereas before messing with fatigue, I was seeing everything including def PI and def holding from time to time. So, that has me sort of 'concerned'. And, the higher I up fatigue, the 'quicker' the animations 'feel' to me. It's almost as if with high fatigue, the players are tiring themselves out by moving faster every play?? Lol. I know that can't be the case or in the code, but, ugghh, I've messed with madden sliders enough over the past few years to have seen some strange connections like the old lowering RBK or PBK screwed with the field goal kicking!! Lol. So, I'm sort of wondering what/why the connection I'm seeing. But, I'm having good games recently, regardless, so I'll try upping it. I'd like to see some more rotation on Dlinemen and RBs. Thanks for the input.

JoshC1977 05-12-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhMrHanky (Post 2048178023)
75??!!! Lol. No kidding? I tell u, man. I increased it to 60, and saw a little more fatigue, but still wasn't seeing what I wanted. I increased to 62, now. And, I may keep upping it or even shoot it right to 75 for a game and see. But, I tell u what's funny that I'm seeing - the higher I go on fatigue, the less penalties I'm seeing, and specifically, I'm ONLY seeing false start/offsides now whereas before messing with fatigue, I was seeing everything including def PI and def holding from time to time. So, that has me sort of 'concerned'. And, the higher I up fatigue, the 'quicker' the animations 'feel' to me. It's almost as if with high fatigue, the players are tiring themselves out by moving faster every play?? Lol. I know that can't be the case or in the code, but, ugghh, I've messed with madden sliders enough over the past few years to have seen some strange connections like the old lowering RBK or PBK screwed with the field goal kicking!! Lol. So, I'm sort of wondering what/why the connection I'm seeing. But, I'm having good games recently, regardless, so I'll try upping it. I'd like to see some more rotation on Dlinemen and RBs. Thanks for the input.

Fatigue and autosubs both have a dramatic impact on how the game plays. Even the ballhawk setting has a significant impact on the gameplay. There are a lot of things that have less than logical effects on other things in the gameplay.

If you haven't already, you might want to read the opening post of my slider thread. There is some general info there which might give you some thoughts on what you want to tweak for your own set.

OhMrHanky 05-13-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2048178368)
Fatigue and autosubs both have a dramatic impact on how the game plays. Even the ballhawk setting has a significant impact on the gameplay. There are a lot of things that have less than logical effects on other things in the gameplay.

If you haven't already, you might want to read the opening post of my slider thread. There is some general info there which might give you some thoughts on what you want to tweak for your own set.

Yeah. I'm not liking the game with high fatigue. I'm losing the 'realism' I gained through sliders. I reset back to 50, and in the first half of a game already, 1 def hold and 1 def PI. So, I'm simply going to live without fatigue until madden 17. Lol. Which, is a shame, as I want realism, and I want to see rotational type subbing with fatigue and auto subs affecting that, but, the changes in gameplay I'm seeing with high fatigue are not worth it. After some of the reveal stuff yesterday, sounds like CFM is going to see some improvements. Maybe, they'll improve auto subs to actually work, now!! Lol