Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Diamond Dynasty (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=530)
-   -   Beating the Shift (/forums/showthread.php?t=880911)

Biizz713 05-09-2016 10:50 PM

Beating the Shift

how do you guys approach beating the shift? I'm not doing as well as i'd like with some players, namely Anthony Rizzo, flashback Ben Zobrist, and flashback Carlos Santana. I'm a horrible oppo hitter, I can honestly say I only do it on accident.

should I just power swing and hope for homers or bust? do I start laying down the cheesy bunts that roll halfway down to 3rd base and die? any advice is welcome. I'm still hitting .270 and higher with these guys but I feel like they would all be doing much much better if it weren't for the shift.

55 05-09-2016 11:05 PM

Re: Beating the Shift

Laying down a drag bunt with a lefty hitter against the extreme shift isn't cheesy at all. It's quite realistic in fact. Carlos Pena once had double digit bunt singles in a season because teams always shifted against him. I'm known to lay one down with Rizzo from time to time myself. I don't see a problem with it at all.

mikeq672 05-10-2016 12:36 AM

Just wait on pitches

Gambit1193 05-10-2016 12:40 AM

I always bunt when I'm shifted. I have Prince Fielder and Victor Martinez in my lineup(he gets shifted when he bats lefty) and they have a speed of 29 and 11. Sometimes my bunts fails but when they do go down that 3B line I always make it safe. Then the player adjusts and takes the shift off next time they bat lol :woot:

SigmundFraud 05-10-2016 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55 (Post 2048171549)
Laying down a drag bunt with a lefty hitter against the extreme shift isn't cheesy at all. It's quite realistic in fact. Carlos Pena once had double digit bunt singles in a season because teams always shifted against him. I'm known to lay one down with Rizzo from time to time myself. I don't see a problem with it at all.

I'm glad someone said this. Bunting against the shift is not cheese. If that is cheese, then taking away a hit up the middle with the shift is cheese too.

Biizz713 05-10-2016 12:47 AM

I just feel like it's way too easy to lay down absolutely perfect bunts pretty much every time I try it. idk, maybe i'll start doing it.

55 05-10-2016 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigmundFraud (Post 2048171735)
I'm glad someone said this. Bunting against the shift is not cheese. If that is cheese, then taking away a hit up the middle with the shift is cheese too.

Exactly. When the defense lines up in that ridiculous overshift, they are basically saying, "Here! Go ahead and take first base. Just take it!" Every out is precious, so I takes what I can gets.

mikeq672 05-10-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biizz713 (Post 2048171741)
I just feel like it's way too easy to lay down absolutely perfect bunts pretty much every time I try it. idk, maybe i'll start doing it.

Yeah I agree, this game still makes it way too easy to drop down bunts.

I just let the ball get deep and hit it to left, even poorly hit balls can result in doubles and stuff, I love when people overshift me