Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Position Player Energy (/forums/showthread.php?t=881295)

richmondn96 05-15-2016 01:10 PM

Position Player Energy

How low should you let your position players' energy levels drop before you give them a day off?

Also, is there any way to check player energy during a game?

countryboy 05-15-2016 02:34 PM

Re: Position Player Energy

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondn96 (Post 2048183302)
How low should you let your position players' energy levels drop before you give them a day off?

Also, is there any way to check player energy during a game?

For me it depends on their durability and age and position.

For instance...Matt Holliday typically gets a day off when the suggestion pops up because he's older and I don't want him to injure himself. For Molina, I'll usually give him off 2 days a month and its typically on Sundays because they are day games following a Saturday night game. For everyone else, its basically how I feel at the time.

And no there is no way to check a player's energy during the game.

richmondn96 05-15-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2048183399)
For me it depends on their durability and age and position.

For instance...Matt Holliday typically gets a day off when the suggestion pops up because he's older and I don't want him to injure himself. For Molina, I'll usually give him off 2 days a month and its typically on Sundays because they are day games following a Saturday night game. For everyone else, its basically how I feel at the time.

And no there is no way to check a player's energy during the game.

Ok thanks. Is the player's performance ever impacted by their energy and how do you know when their energy reaches that point?

NEOPARADIGM 05-15-2016 03:31 PM

For my catchers I usually follow the general rule of no day games after a night game; then for standard players I usually try to give a day off if they slip under 60% stamina or so. For star & superstar types (guys who should play 150+ games, barring injury) I keep them around until 40% or so.

countryboy 05-15-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondn96 (Post 2048183462)
Ok thanks. Is the player's performance ever impacted by their energy and how do you know when their energy reaches that point?

Yes player performance is effected when you get the message popup talking about a player needs a day off. They also have increased chance at injury when tired.

yanks22009 05-15-2016 08:01 PM

Like many others have stated in here I try to give my catchers the day off if their was a night game before. I also check and see how long it is until my next day off. If there are some tired players but the next day I have a day off, I usually let them play.

Tarheels153369 05-15-2016 08:19 PM

Does substituting out a player mid way through a game help conserve more energy then if they just play the whole game? Or does starting a player just drop their energy by a set amount no matter how long they actually play in the game?

KBLover 05-15-2016 08:38 PM

Similarly does bringing him late (say as a PH or defensive sub) count as playing and no day off, count as he got the day off because he didn't start, or somewhere in between?

Same for DH'ing. For example, I'm the Marlins and Chris Davis is normally 1B, but we're playing in Boston for interleague play. If I play Davis as DH, does that take less energy?