Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Rubber guard is broken (/forums/showthread.php?t=881831)

zzzeric 05-22-2016 04:21 PM

Rubber guard is broken

Mostly an issue in UT when guys have 100 otb, but it is nearly impossible to block the transition into rg, and after getting out of rubber guard, they can manage to regain rubber guard faster than i can posture up (i have 100 top game)

if you do manage to block the trans into rg they can still transition to rg again faster than you can transition to half guard. Its ridiculous. If i block his transition i should be able to transition into half guard faster than he can get rubber guard again..

Also, maybe i just dont know how to stop the transitions to rg correctly? Is there sone trick? Because i know they arr conibg and oush the correct way but it rarely works uf they have 100 otb

GameplayDevUFC 05-22-2016 04:28 PM

Re: Rubber guard is broken

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzzeric (Post 2048196887)
If i block his transition i should be able to transition into half guard faster than he can get rubber guard again..

I would agree with this in principle.

I'll look at the numbers and see if rubber guard needs to be tuned a bit.

We did make the pass harder which might have thrown things off a bit in relation to rubber guard.

Or maybe there's something else at play here.

Bigg Cee 05-22-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC (Post 2048196899)
I would agree with this in principle.

I'll look at the numbers and see if rubber guard needs to be tuned a bit.

We did make the pass harder which might have thrown things off a bit in relation to rubber guard.

Or maybe there's something else at play here.

I see ppl all the time going from rubber guard and if they don't get it they spam it back and fourth to each side and you can't deny nothing. Sucks big time and in UT it's a lot worse because of low ratings vs players with high ratings.

Fearhead24 05-22-2016 04:39 PM

Rubber guard definitely definitely needs to be nerfed. I fought a guy who had 0 stamina when I was on top and he kept spamming rubber guards. I was wondering if I'm not denying correctly because I couldn't block his transitions and he went into rubber guard ridiculously fast, even though he was at stat disadvantage, and even if you manage to deny it, they can try it again and take you into rubber guard easily again. Feels broken as hell. You wanna block rubber guard transition? Good luck with presmashing the button and hope he wanted to go in that direction. Nearly no other way to be fast enough.

chapmandachamp 05-22-2016 05:34 PM

Maybe he had the full guard perk as well and that just makes it over the top?

zzzeric 05-22-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chapmandachamp (Post 2048196996)

It turns out he did. Eith that bring said it sbuld stull be tuned down a bit imo

JustBlazeM8 05-22-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chapmandachamp (Post 2048196996)

I actually don't want to imagine a world where this is the case.

Webbington 05-22-2016 06:40 PM

Yeah, rubber guard could definitely be tuned down a bit. It's very easy to exploit.