Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Fact or Fiction: 2016 Sports Gaming Predictions (/forums/showthread.php?t=882540)

RaychelSnr 06-02-2016 10:27 AM

Fact or Fiction: 2016 Sports Gaming Predictions

As we enter the home stretch to E3 and what is basically the giant sports gaming season kickoff event, we gathered OS Staff Writers into a dark room to discuss what they think is going to happen this year.

In our newest Fact or Fiction, OS Staffers answer whether NBA 2K17 is a shoe-in for sports game of the year, if Madden can quell doubters, and we have a couple other topics as well!

Check it out after the jump, add your own answers in the comments!

Read More - Fact or Fiction: 2016 Sports Gaming Predictions

Fedor_52 06-02-2016 11:29 AM

it's really been too long since we had another Football Game

i miss Fight Night and Top Spin too, maybe some surprises at E3 but i've learned over the years to not get too excited

GrandMaster B 06-02-2016 12:16 PM

The Golf Club 2 could be announced at E3 or a major change to it.

IgotSyphillis 06-02-2016 04:37 PM

I have no idea why The Show still gets so much blind love. The defense in that game has been absolutely pathetic for its entire run. Its impossible to score from second on a hit near an outfielder. The throwing meter means absolutely nothing. You get stuck in terrible animations all the time. Routine ground balls to infield result in singles because the fielder decides to triple pump with the ball. I could go on. But it hasn't been fixed in 10 years. Imagine if Madden did that? I have no idea why The Show gets a pass on half the aspect of a game. Other games would get killed for it.

Kanobi 06-02-2016 05:52 PM

I keep hoping for a viable football sim alternative to Madden on current gen consoles but don't see it happening this side of 2020. Would love to be completely blindsided and floored by some bombshell announcement though.

bxphenom7 06-02-2016 08:20 PM

Loving MLB The Show, see it contending for sports game of the year. With news Madden will eventually be moving to the Frostbite engine potentially next year, I see no point in considering a purchase this year, though I will follow it like every year just to see what has progressed or as usual what hasn't. I'm interested in seeing FIFA 17 with the Frosbite engine since the Ignite has definitely overstayed its welcome. With the great previews PES has gotten, I can't wait to see the two go head to head critically and in the demos. As for NBA 2k17, I just pray the career mode has no story to it, or at least an option to play it along the lines of RTTS. One's career should be a story in itself. I do see it winning Sports Game of the Year again however.

Wishes:

- New Fight Night in development
- Other console football game, preferably able to compete with Madden even if all generic, I could care less about licensing. Just be fully featured (Franchise, Career, Playoff) and highly customizable.

El Comodin24 06-02-2016 09:00 PM

how about a quality baseball game for Xbox??? Or is that just the "elephant in the room"?

unclejitz 06-02-2016 10:39 PM

How about crossplatform play ready to go in august