Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis (/forums/showthread.php?t=882903)

Steve_OS 06-08-2016 11:02 AM

Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pfVLR-aHxzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A new commentary team featuring Brandon Gaudin (play-by-play) and Charles Davis (color commentary and analysis) will replace Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in Madden NFL 17. The team will be able to add new commentary to the game throughout the entire season.

Quote:

Today EA Tiburon revealed the new commentary team that will be calling the games in Madden NFL 17. Brandon Gaudin will be the new voice providing play-by-play, with Charles Davis adding color commentary and analysis. Thanks to unprecedented access to Davis and Gaudin, Madden NFL 17 will ship with the most commentary ever at launch. This year’s game also features the opportunity to add commentary updates throughout the NFL season on Xbox One and PlayStation®4.

Brandon Gaudin will be joining the Big Ten Network as a play-by-play announcer this fall after being the Voice of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets since 2013. Additionally, he has been named the lead college football play-by-play voice for Westwood One Sports, and will also call occasional NFL games for the network. Gaudin will continue to serve as one of the voices for Westwood One’s coverage of men’s basketball, including conference championship week and the NCAA Tournament.

Charles Davis is best known for his work on the NFL Network and NFL on FOX. This past season he could be seen providing analysis each week during NFL on FOX broadcasts, as well as providing extensive coverage of the NFL Draft on NFL Network. Davis is known for his meticulous and detailed knowledge of the NFL, which he will bring to the Madden NFL 17 broadcast booth.

Read more about the new Madden NFL 17 commentary team in the official blog.

dietdoubledew 06-08-2016 11:04 AM

Re: Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team

A video of the EA reveal: (Madden 17 | Commentary and Sound Design | Xbox One & PS4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfVLR-aHxzw

They're going to be updating commentary on the fly. Davis and Gaudin will be down at EA every week recording new lines throughout the season.

mestevo 06-08-2016 11:11 AM

Weekly commentary updates, surely means some kind of 'play the season' or something.

Love all the foley stuff.

aholbert32 06-08-2016 11:12 AM

I love it.

I knew EA would never go the NFL 2k path and get two voice actors to do the commentary but Gaudin and Davis are free enough to do hours more recording than Nantz and Simms wouldve been. Simms is calling 2 games a week and Nantz has other commitments like Basketball and Golf taking his time.

Gaudin also has a pretty good announcers voice and I love the fact that the commentary will be updated.

tbennett54 06-08-2016 11:12 AM

I like this, instead of working around Nantz and Simms schedules. You can spend more time getting unique lines with someone not as big.

dietdoubledew 06-08-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mestevo (Post 2048228051)
Weekly commentary updates, surely means some kind of 'play the season' or something.

Love all the foley stuff.

They'll be able to talk about guys who break out this year or who are late round picks who they may not have done commentary lines for prior to the season too. I really like it.

smiley3 06-08-2016 11:13 AM

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sp...n1xj4l7rhs1kya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeuceDouglas 06-08-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietdoubledew (Post 2048228033)
A video of the EA reveal: (Madden 17 | Commentary and Sound Design | Xbox One & PS4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfVLR-aHxzw

They're going to be updating commentary on the fly. Davis and Gaudin will be down at EA every week recording new lines throughout the season.

This is a great video. It makes me think CFM will have something similar to NBA Live I think or maybe it was 2K or The Show where you play alongside the actual results from the real NFL. I don't know how else updating commentary with things like what they talk about would even be relevant. Some of the spots they played definitely sounded good in the video but I feel like that's been the case before. The updating weekly part is HUGE and could be something great if they manage to do it right.