Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   So WTF happened to the improved judging??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=884072)

Shogun474 06-28-2016 06:03 AM

So WTF happened to the improved judging???

Just lit a dude up for 3 rounds (using Lawler) I landed more overall and sig strikes and i controlled the center of the octagon. Post fight his head and body was bright red, mine was still grey . Yet this clown gets the nod... Really Ea???

Morgan Monkman 06-28-2016 09:25 AM

Re: So WTF happened to the improved judging???

Lost a pretty bad split decision lastnight as well, broke my 20 fight title defence streak :(

I landed 100 more sig strikes, but he had 4 takedowns on me. They must have made tds worth more points which is unfortunate because all he did was hold me in side control and land baby punches.

Ksearyback 06-28-2016 10:49 AM

I didn't think they were messing with the judging.

Maybe you got penalized for using Lawler and not being able to get the knockout :)

Boiler569 06-28-2016 11:19 AM

I might catch some heat for this ---

But overall I think the judging in this game is pretty good. Could use some tweaks, certainly, but the majority (80%+) of decisions I've seen are appropriate, or at least defendable

Which is probably better than real UFC judges lol

My biggest complaint --- I'm pretty sure that leg kicks count as a Sig Strike which weighs heavily on the judges --- I understand point fighting, but if I land,

20 powerful head strikes and 10 powerful body strikes in a round

Compared to my opponent's 25 leg kicks, and 5 power head strikes

All else equal, I should definitely win the round. I know I'm a bit bias against leg strikes, since I'm a boxer/wrestler ;) --- but I definitely feel that leg kicks are overweight in the eyes of the judges in this game

But the best advice of all still stands --- don't let it go to the judges!!! lol

Ksearyback 06-28-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boiler569 (Post 2048264502)
I might catch some heat for this ---

But overall I think the judging in this game is pretty good. Could use some tweaks, certainly, but the majority (80%+) of decisions I've seen are appropriate, or at least defendable

Which is probably better than real UFC judges lol

My biggest complaint --- I'm pretty sure that leg kicks count as a Sig Strike which weighs heavily on the judges --- I understand point fighting, but if I land,

20 powerful head strikes and 10 powerful body strikes in a round

Compared to my opponent's 25 leg kicks, and 5 power head strikes

All else equal, I should definitely win the round. I know I'm a bit bias against leg strikes, since I'm a boxer/wrestler ;) --- but I definitely feel that leg kicks are overweight in the eyes of the judges in this game

But the best advice of all still stands --- don't let it go to the judges!!! lol

My two cents:

Judging now seems fine.

Judging should always be about effective technique. If we're talking about striking, I don't think number of strikes should matter, it should be about quality as defined by damage. I would prefer a judging system that could interpret 5 very damaging shots (no matter the part of body attacked) as being more impactful than 50 insignificant pitty patty strikes.

As for grappling, I've never felt a simple TD was worth much, if not anything, by itself. Take downs are important only when you inflict damage or pass guard or move toward submissions or positions in which you cause damage. (I also think judges should be smart enough to understand this as it would remove any element of last second takedowns for "point scoring" or even TD spamming for the point of tricking the judging system.)

Either way, to me at least, anything related to punch stats is more often misleading than helpful. In real life judges need to use subjectivity and try to interpret damage and control. In a video game the damage aspect can be quantified. The numbers and other cheap tricks can then be removed and something we don't even need to worry about

Shogun474 06-28-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksearyback (Post 2048264461)
I didn't think they were messing with the judging.

Maybe you got penalized for using Lawler and not being able to get the knockout :)

It says "improved Judging scoring logic" In the patch notes

Shogun474 06-28-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksearyback (Post 2048264558)
My two cents:

Judging now seems fine.

Judging should always be about effective technique. If we're talking about striking, I don't think number of strikes should matter, it should be about quality as defined by damage. I would prefer a judging system that could interpret 5 very damaging shots (no matter the part of body attacked) as being more impactful than 50 insignificant pitty patty strikes.

As for grappling, I've never felt a simple TD was worth much, if not anything, by itself. Take downs are important only when you inflict damage or pass guard or move toward submissions or positions in which you cause damage. (I also think judges should be smart enough to understand this as it would remove any element of last second takedowns for "point scoring" or even TD spamming for the point of tricking the judging system.)

Either way, to me at least, anything related to punch stats is more often misleading than helpful. In real life judges need to use subjectivity and try to interpret damage and control. In a video game the damage aspect can be quantified. The numbers and other cheap tricks can then be removed and something we don't even need to worry about

Don't they have boxing scoring system or something ? I seem to recall Joe Rogan sounding off on the subject

Ksearyback 06-28-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun474 (Post 2048264566)
It says "improved Judging scoring logic" In the patch notes

Oh, my bad. I never saw any notes. Thought it was just new characters, AI adjustments, and the new move for CAF and UT until after LEC