Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Last 2 things needing to be patched (/forums/showthread.php?t=884190)

Morgan Monkman 06-30-2016 01:28 PM

Last 2 things needing to be patched

Parrys: You guys made them harder to do supposedly, seems like guys can still parry a jab or straight and straight up head kick you, or spinning kick you still.

This is a huge stain on this game, its probably the most frustrating thing other then the block.

Please can we nerf this feature some more? Like decrease the amount of time givin so that if you parry the only option you have for a counter is a jab, or make it so you have to angle off instead.

i'd say a good 40% of my fights the only thing keeping them not KOED on the ground is the parry system. Its just not real to MMA in any circumstance.

The only way you should be able to counter someone cleanly (basically what a parry is doing atm) is by literally swaying out of the and counter punching : Anderson Silva style.

Please please fix this.

Secondly,

Impenetrable Block.

Guys will get rocked and then just hold the high block and back away, making it literally impossible to finish them.

There have been times where i have broken through a guys guard, but its almost always in the 5th round and against much lesser competition, anyone that is fairly capable will never let their arms get that beat up so you will never be able to get through the block, add in parrys and you just create a nightmare.

Basically what its at now is a block your head and parry fest.

I think Martial Mind is literally the only other guy online i have met that does not parry, neither do i.

Tune these 2 things and i think we will have a great game to last until UFC 3.

I forgot 2 mention these other 2 issues.

Finish the fight, can you please make it so you are not forced into charging forward throwing hooks? Why must i be forced into this animation when i would rather throw a body hook or head kick?

Secondly, if you rock someone with a head kick and try to chase them, you are delayed by your player stepping backwards, even if you are holding forward, this happens all the time and it gives your OPP time to escape your range, as they move faster backwards while rocked then any other time during the game. The only way your guy does not move backwards is by literally letting go of the movement stick after kicking and then pushing forward again, problem is you shouldn't have to let go of the stick just to not get pushed backwards.

Dave_S 06-30-2016 03:04 PM

Re: Last 2 things needing to be patched

Dang, you must hate fighting me, lol, l will try my hardest not to parry when we play.

I say keep the parry as is, and almost completely remove the counter window. I see lots of parries but they don't really interrupt striking or slow opponent down. You would have to physically grab and hold arm to do that.

fballturkey 06-30-2016 03:08 PM

All blocks, rocked or not, should allow some strikes to get through depending on the fighters 'block' rating.

Boiler569 06-30-2016 03:30 PM

haha I never use parry either so maybe that's 3 of us ;)

Impenetrable block --- definitely needs some help

Quick Fix for UFC 2 would simply be to lower the strength of the block 20% or so --- whether that means your arms turn red more quickly; more damage bleeds thru; or a slight combination of both --- def. need to fix this ASAP

For UFC 3 --- would be great to have a much more dynamic blocking system. Where perhaps you can 'perfectly' block a jab; but at the expense of being more open for an uppercut --- or vice versa, you are able to block an uppercut well, but a jab will break your guard

Sort of like Fight Night Champion. But I don't want to get TOO far down the road of 'weak block' --- I'm still a fan of having to chose between High and Low block --- just hope it will be more dynamic in UFC 3. It will also force people to be more dynamic in their striking.

My #1 request for an additional tweak to UFC 2 is an increase in the length/controlling power of Double Underhooks Dominant! The length of the denial window is way too small; especially given the fact that no strikes in D/U stop transitions....so your only way is to deny them....

and considering it's *supposed* to be one of the most controlling positons 'in real life' --- but is almost impossible to control someone with in this game, even if you have higher clinch power stat/etc. --- I think that needs some love!!!

:y220:

King_Clarke1 06-30-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman (Post 2048267934)
Parrys: You guys made them harder to do supposedly, seems like guys can still parry a jab or straight and straight up head kick you, or spinning kick you still.

This is a huge stain on this game, its probably the most frustrating thing other then the block.

Please can we nerf this feature some more? Like decrease the amount of time givin so that if you parry the only option you have for a counter is a jab, or make it so you have to angle off instead.

i'd say a good 40% of my fights the only thing keeping them not KOED on the ground is the parry system. Its just not real to MMA in any circumstance.

The only way you should be able to counter someone cleanly (basically what a parry is doing atm) is by literally swaying out of the and counter punching : Anderson Silva style.

Please please fix this.

Secondly,

Impenetrable Block.

Guys will get rocked and then just hold the high block and back away, making it literally impossible to finish them.

There have been times where i have broken through a guys guard, but its almost always in the 5th round and against much lesser competition, anyone that is fairly capable will never let their arms get that beat up so you will never be able to get through the block, add in parrys and you just create a nightmare.

I think Martial Mind is literally the only other guy online i have met that does not parry, neither do i.

Finish the fight, can you please make it so you are not forced into charging forward throwing hooks? Why must i be forced into this animation when i would rather throw a body hook or head kick?

Secondly, if you rock someone with a head kick and try to chase them, you are delayed by your player stepping backwards, even if you are holding forward, this happens all the time and it gives your OPP time to escape your range, as they move faster backwards while rocked then any other time during the game. The only way your guy does not move backwards is by literally letting go of the movement stick after kicking and then pushing forward again, problem is you shouldn't have to let go of the stick just to not get pushed backwards.

I completely agree with the OP high block. I have found that in the higher divisions, a main tactic is to hold high block and just keep moving forward.

It is really not fun to play against people that do this because you must grab them.

Morgan Monkman 06-30-2016 03:56 PM

That or make it so you are noticeably slower while blocking/parrying.

I only block when cornered otherwise I am moving in and out hands down dominick Cruz style, trying to bait you.

I just really hate guys who parry every single jab I throw and counter with significant strikes. It's so aggravating

Supreme_Bananas 06-30-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman (Post 2048267934)

Please please fix this.

Secondly,

Impenetrable Block.

I never parry either, hate it, the counter windows is insane. A parried jab gives you a free headkick :google:

KINGICON89 07-01-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman (Post 2048268176)
That or make it so you are noticeably slower while blocking/parrying.

I only block when cornered otherwise I am moving in and out hands down dominick Cruz style, trying to bait you.

I just really hate guys who parry every single jab I throw and counter with significant strikes. It's so aggravating

It could be a problem with you if your jabs and straights are getting parried all the time. Just a thought. You've got to mix it up and be more patient and careful with your shots.