Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   APF2k17: Big Ben vs Cam! - CAR @ PIT (Full Game} (/forums/showthread.php?t=884263)

Kanobi 07-01-2016 11:45 PM

APF2k17: Big Ben vs Cam! - CAR @ PIT (Full Game}

I'll just say this was one hell of a football game with a dramatic finish!! (Note these vids were made from my personal roster file which is still a work in progress)

1st QUARTER
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DcMIPdJE9D4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2nd - 3rd QUARTER
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MEzCe_RD7Og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4th QUARTER
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mnk-7d0fLTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ENJOY!!!

michapop9 07-03-2016 12:38 AM

Re: APF2k17: Big Ben vs Cam! - CAR @ PIT (Full Game}

Its remarkable that a game from 9 years ago and last gen tech can compare to Madden 16 on gen 4. Its amazing how close they are. If we could only see what they were capable of had 2k stuck around. Good job on those rosters by the way.

caesar4k5 07-03-2016 02:18 AM

I wish 2kcould make game for ps4

spankdatazz22 07-03-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michapop9 (Post 2048271787)
Its remarkable that a game from 9 years ago and last gen tech can compare to Madden 16 on gen 4. Its amazing how close they are. If we could only see what they were capable of had 2k stuck around. Good job on those rosters by the way.

All the more impressive imo because it was a game 2K didn't/couldn't place their full development prowess behind because it was an unlicensed game.

Thanks for posting this Kanobi! Given how some have been harping on how great Madden 17 is looking, I've been meaning to go back and look at some of my own APF footage to pinpoint why I've found the recent Madden footage so unexciting, despite it's technical improvements. As dated as APF is, it still stands up in many areas to current Madden, which is both shocking and remarkable. I've only watched part of the 1st quarter but appreciate you chiming in with commentary also on the pass rush by Carolina and how the play played out

Thanks again!

Rocky 07-03-2016 05:16 PM

Looks great! What playbook are you using for the Steelers? I am getting good results with the shotgun book for the Steelers (it really shows off the explosiveness of the passing game) but kinda want Le'Veon Bell to be more involved.

noshun 07-03-2016 09:32 PM

Good job on the vids.

Kanobi 07-04-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michapop9 (Post 2048271787)

Thanks and yes, one could only imagine what an NFL 2k16/2k17 might look like on current gen hardware. Im still being impressed by APF and it's 10 years old with countless hours of playtime logged in. I could easily see NFL2k being a no-brainer, auto-buy for me on Xbox One or PS4 today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankdatazz22 (Post 2048272059)
All the more impressive imo because it was a game 2K didn't/couldn't place their full development prowess behind because it was an unlicensed game.

Thanks for posting this Kanobi! Given how some have been harping on how great Madden 17 is looking, I've been meaning to go back and look at some of my own APF footage to pinpoint why I've found the recent Madden footage so unexciting, despite it's technical improvements. As dated as APF is, it still stands up in many areas to current Madden, which is both shocking and remarkable. I've only watched part of the 1st quarter but appreciate you chiming in with commentary also on the pass rush by Carolina and how the play played out

Thanks again!

Thanks man! You know, it's a bit humorous watching the Madden devs get excited each year about "new" gameplay elements that had already been innovated by 2k.

I think it was Madden 16 where they introduced contextual animations for HB's...getting skinny through the hole...pushing off the backs of blockers ....I believe it was Madden 14 or 15 where they introduced defensive players head-tracking the football. I mean ...considering NFL2k3-APF2k8 had already achieved those things....it makes it abundantly clear EA knew what was coming and had no choice but to shut it down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky (Post 2048272368)
Looks great! What playbook are you using for the Steelers? I am getting good results with the shotgun book for the Steelers (it really shows off the explosiveness of the passing game) but kinda want Le'Veon Bell to be more involved.

You have to keep toying with different playbooks. I plan on switching the Steelers playbook in my file also in order to make Brown a bigger focus lol

But I've seen games, during my testing, where the defense tries to take Brown away with double teams and the Steelers adjust by using Wheaton and Sammy Coates. As you saw in the game above...the Steelers adjusted after some failed attemptss to establish the pass and went to Bell.

So, from what I've seen, it depends on the opponent and what's happening in the game that influences what the CPU will do regardless of the scheme.

tril 07-10-2016 05:16 PM

do you plan on sharing your roster files?