Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522)
-   -   Turn Back the Clock: 1985 (/forums/showthread.php?t=884341)

Knight165 07-03-2016 09:38 PM

Turn Back the Clock: 1985

Baseball brethren!

I'm very happy to announce the next project for my Turn Back the Clock series is well underway.

The year: 1985

Ronald Regan is sworn in for term 2 to kick some commie butt
Microsoft releases Windows 1.0
Coca-Cola tries to mess with what works....unsuccessfully
Madonna tries to convince everyone she's like a virgin....unsuccessfully
Chaka Khan feels for you
Foreigner wants to know what love is
MacGuyver makes a working airplane out of toothpicks a rubber band and some packing tape
Bruce Willis Moonlights
The Goonies
Ahhnold lied to Scully and didn't kill him last
Bruce Leroy vs. Sho'nuff!
Niners
Royals
Knight's last year as a single guy(sigh)

Key questions

Why would I be interested in T.B.T.C.:1985?
Because you're alive and you love baseball

All players from 1985?
C'mon son

Ratings?
Yo

Faces?
Clown question

Equip?Stances?Motions?
Thank God for YouTube

Historical stats?
Oh yeah

Bottom line
If you enjoy realistic play, great stats...and everything to look good as a 1985 season replay, you'll LOVE this set.
I WILL get revenge on those St. Louis Cards.....
Great players and a lot of great teams to contend.
It'll be tough to beat out the top 4 of St. Louis, L.A.N, K.C. or Toronto...but there are quite a few teams that have a shot....including the Mets(SO CLOSE)....Cincy....even Houston or Montreal in the N.L. or the Yankees(97 wins...no playoffs!!!), Tigers, O's, Sox(White or Red) or Angels have the chance to compete.

I'm about halfway done as of 7/4......and while I can't provide an ETA just yet, I will keep you updated on the progress in this thread.

Any suggestions...feel free to post!

M.K.
Knight165

Culture Rot 07-03-2016 10:59 PM

Re: Turn Back the Clock: 1985

While I would have preferred a different year, since there's already such a great 1987 roster Im deep into, but it's always great to see the master back at work :)

Hopefully some of the work that has already been done can help lessen your work load at least.

Knight165 07-04-2016 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx (Post 2048272646)
While I would have preferred a different year, since there's already such a great 1987 roster Im deep into, but it's always great to see the master back at work :)

Hopefully some of the work that has already been done can help lessen your work load at least.

Thank you!
Also though....I only use players I create.

M.K.
Knight165

thomeklund 07-04-2016 03:17 PM

Been waiting for this thread and I know it's gonna be freakin awesome. The master answers the call yet again

Armor and Sword 07-05-2016 02:43 PM

Really looking forward to another great roster Knight. 1985 is a wonderful year to play.

Great choice!!!

SFNiners816 07-05-2016 07:20 PM

As a cub fan, '85 would be a blast to play. For starters, my all time favorite player Ryno had a nuts year to backup his '84 mvp (.305, 26hr, 83rbi, 54steals). Also it would be fun to hopefully have an injury free year with the pitching. The cubbies started 35-19 before basically every starting pitcher had a DL stint and the Cards and Mets took over the east.

Knight165 07-05-2016 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomeklund (Post 2048273561)
Been waiting for this thread and I know it's gonna be freakin awesome. The master answers the call yet again

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2048275227)
Really looking forward to another great roster Knight. 1985 is a wonderful year to play.

Great choice!!!

Again..thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFNiners816 (Post 2048275695)
As a cub fan, '85 would be a blast to play. For starters, my all time favorite player Ryno had a nuts year to backup his '84 mvp (.305, 26hr, 83rbi, 54steals). Also it would be fun to hopefully have an injury free year with the pitching. The cubbies started 35-19 before basically every starting pitcher had a DL stint and the Cards and Mets took over the east.

Yes...one of the reasons I love '85.

First...I was 20 and was just having a blast in general(for most of the year...late...wasn't so great for me personally)
...but baseball was awesome that year.
So many teams played well that in a season replay, you really have a chance to take a number of teams to the W.S. with some luck.

Just playing with the 12 teams I have already is a blast....but this is the kind of season I REALLY want to play each and every game.

M.K.
Knight165

Ebpmd 07-06-2016 07:17 AM

What will you be doing with the non existent teams?