Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Wall catches - Can someone give me a crash course? (/forums/showthread.php?t=884344)

HuPeRcHiLd 07-03-2016 10:50 PM

Wall catches - Can someone give me a crash course?

I've been playing this game for years and I still have big problems on jumping/diving catches. I've finally had enough and thought I'd ask you guys.....how the heck do I climb the outfield wall and make a catch (or even come close)?

The best I can do is a lame jump against the wall (that is successful 1 of 100 tries), and even that is not guaranteed. I want to know how to climb the wall like the CPU ALWAYS does against me. If you're posting, explain the process and buttons you use like I'm a beginner.

Any tips on diving and jumping catches are welcome too

Aussie_Red_Devil 07-03-2016 11:31 PM

Re: Wall catches - Can someone give me a crash course?

I would also like tips lol. I've noticed lately also that my infielders don't dive for the ball when i try to, they just jump a little like they are trying to make a catch slightly above their head.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Godgers12 07-03-2016 11:43 PM

When the HR rob indicator gets down to 1 red circle hit R1, have to time it just right. Played a DD game last night and Billy Hamilton robbed a guy of a grand slam in the 8th, he did it on a full run too. Even if you do time it, sometimes the ball will be out of reach. As in real life they're rare in MLBTS.

bigd51 07-04-2016 01:25 AM

I'ma go ahead and tell ya... there is no crash course to robbing HR's.

Best advice I can give you is to keep trying, be extremely elated when you finally rob one, but move on if you don't. This is just one of those things that shouldn't be easy to do.

HolyStroke3 07-04-2016 02:22 AM

the few times I've been sucessful, it's been perfectly timed to where my outfielder was in a full sprint and got to the wall just as the marker was disappearing. I would say it's more luck than anything. Just like real life a combination of timing and luck

Just earlier today I had Jake Smolinski slam into the brick wall in right at AT&T, couldn't make the catch and it ended up a Pence RBI triple. I think I mistimed the marker a split second early

I'm not sure if you want to time the jump when there's one ring left or when the indication disappears. Anyone have a confirmed answer?

bigd51 07-04-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyStroke3 (Post 2048272769)
the few times I've been sucessful, it's been perfectly timed to where my outfielder was in a full sprint and got to the wall just as the marker was disappearing. I would say it's more luck than anything. Just like real life a combination of timing and luck

Just earlier today I had Jake Smolinski slam into the brick wall in right at AT&T, couldn't make the catch and it ended up a Pence RBI triple. I think I mistimed the marker a split second early

I'm not sure if you want to time the jump when there's one ring left or when the indication disappears. Anyone have a confirmed answer?

I want to say your best chance is to jump just before the last indication circle is about to disappear.

kizzy1206 07-04-2016 05:36 PM

I believe attributes make a big difference here. For instance, I was able to rob a sure double off the wall in Fenway with Kris Bryant on DD but I've attempted the same jump in other games with lesser talent and failed significantly. If I'm moving to fast, I found that momentum helps, so I'll slow down or even stop just prior to the wall so that when I attempt the miraculous catch (that's really what they are and why they're so difficult), I'll have momentum to help my leap.

countryboy 07-04-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie_Red_Devil (Post 2048272666)
I would also like tips lol. I've noticed lately also that my infielders don't dive for the ball when i try to, they just jump a little like they are trying to make a catch slightly above their head.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

are you sure you're not hitting R1 (DEFAULT JUMP) when this happens?