Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   What Exactly makes it where a player just walks off their man? (/forums/showthread.php?t=884524)

Ownal0t 07-07-2016 03:07 PM

What Exactly makes it where a player just walks off their man?

Topic.

i dont get how i can lose a game based off garbage like this. Why is the SF coming on top of the 3pt line to guard the PG when i got the situation under control? leaving his man WIDE OPEN IN THE CORNER. and this is a constant thing.

Just lost a game i should have won. to this and Players hiting shots they shouldnt be hitting <_< (You have a 50 mid range and you are consistantly hitting?):appl::y13:

HowDareI 07-07-2016 04:16 PM

Re: What Exactly makes it where a player just walks off their man?

I was playing with the new rosters, Sixers vs Thunder, and Ben Simmons was constantly leaving Morrow wide open when Westbrook would drive.

Better yet, the players who should rotate never do. Nerlens is one of the best shot blockers in the league and he would never come over and rotate unless I did it manually.

de_jesus 07-07-2016 09:45 PM

It seems off-ball defensive settings and defensive points of emphasis are a suggestion unless you use "Deny", which means you'll get backdoor cut perpetually. (Honestly, aside from the rebounding settings Defensive POIs do very little on the defense. You players prioritize stopping a break to the rim over anything, including their defensive settings, which leaves players wide open on the perimeter.

It's vastly annoying

If I say, "Limit Perimeter shots" that means stay with your man on the perimeter... why 2K has your players float off of their assignment with a setting like "Tight" is beyond me.

hanzsomehanz 07-08-2016 01:06 AM

You'll have a wing defender give up the right corner 3 to go double or triple team a "threat" on the other wing or corner.

You'll also see a defender give up the paint to go double team a "threat" on the perimeter thus leaving the paint man wide open for an easy bucket.

The logic just isn't there. I don't mind rotations but om ball help should be decided by me (the on ball defender). Coaches also don't encourage you to double team someone who is more than 1 body / pass away.

It's the logic that needs tuning. In My Career the teammates also always double team or hedge the ball handler leaving the screen man wide open for a roll or a fade.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

truffleshuffle 07-08-2016 09:08 AM

I am new to this years game but I seem to have the same kind of problems. I will see a player rotate and leave a guy wide open and its usually a guy that is great making 3 pointers out on the wing and he drains it 90% of the time. Another thing I hate is when I try to rotate but I get stuck on two or three team mates that are just standing around doing nothing while leaving two or three people open and the guy I am trying to rotate to gets a easy look because I am stuck and can't move.

Silmarillion 07-08-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truffleshuffle (Post 2048279423)
I am new to this years game but I seem to have the same kind of problems. I will see a player rotate and leave a guy wide open and its usually a guy that is great making 3 pointers out on the wing and he drains it 90% of the time. Another thing I hate is when I try to rotate but I get stuck on two or three team mates that are just standing around doing nothing while leaving two or three people open and the guy I am trying to rotate to gets a easy look because I am stuck and can't move.

Try setting the defense on that player to on-ball:tight and off-ball:deny. The closer you set your defenders to guard him the less they will come and help.

apollooff320 07-11-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silmarillion (Post 2048279606)
Try setting the defense on that player to on-ball:tight and off-ball:deny. The closer you set your defenders to guard him the less they will come and help.

players still come off regarless of using that setting. I notice it happens in PNR near the corners so I hurry and switch the person I know is about to come off their player. Only problem is your teammates that are involved in the PNR end up doing something stupid.

jmaj315 07-11-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apollooff320 (Post 2048283958)
players still come off regarless of using that setting. I notice it happens in PNR near the corners so I hurry and switch the person I know is about to come off their player. Only problem is your teammates that are involved in the PNR end up doing something stupid.

I've been preaching this for what seems like years, but i think its only been since 2k15

I hope they address this is 2k17, it's nearly game breaking for leagues that require on-ball D