Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Dynasty HQ (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Video Production Help (/forums/showthread.php?t=885485)

djp73 07-26-2016 09:48 AM

Video Production Help

need some help fellas

in my current chises I like to do highlight videos from each game

right now my process is as follows:

record clips with el gato on laptop #1

upload clips to onedrive

download clips from onedrive to laptop #2

upload to an online file converter to change to wmv

move all files into windows movie maker (usually 3-4 files)

edit and save video

upload to youtube

add to post

any tips on how i can make this a 10 minute process instead of an hour?

djp73 08-09-2016 06:15 AM

Re: Video Production Help

Nothing? How do you guys do it?

Hellisan 08-10-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djp73 (Post 2048325746)
Nothing? How do you guys do it?

Surprised no responses. So the obvious question is, why the back and forth with the laptops?

I'm taking it you don't have Sony Vegas? I poached it with alacrity, I know it's wrong but I'm not going to be making any money off it. I think that way you wouldn't have to convert files, at least. There may be another free movie editor of some kind that would allow you to avoid cutting out that step.

I wonder if you uploaded the ElGato files straight to Youtube and edited them there, would it let you do that and have the tools that you could edit it right there?

VGSNetwork 08-13-2016 04:44 PM

Not sure which platform you're using but if you're using Xbox One there is a site called XboxDVR.com that changes the whole recording game for Xbox users. Not sure if there is an alternative for Windows or Sony's PS4.

NewscasterNews4 08-16-2016 02:17 PM

Sorry I would've responded earlier had I seen this thread but I'm not normally too active in this section. The way I do it also is pretty time consuming as well but it may be able to shave off a few minutes here or there.

Since I don't have an Elgato I stream the games from my PS4, wait for them to process on my YouTube channel, then I download them into MP4's from a site I found and import that into Windows movie maker.

The longest part is for the stream to be fully processed on YouTube, but if you do something else during that half hour or so it won't feel like a long wait at all.

Hope this helps, but either way I'm not really sure there's a process that will take less time then roughly 45 minutes at least.

djp73 08-19-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGSNetwork (Post 2048334106)
Not sure which platform you're using but if you're using Xbox One there is a site called XboxDVR.com that changes the whole recording game for Xbox users. Not sure if there is an alternative for Windows or Sony's PS4.

xbox360 for this particular chise

djp73 08-19-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellisan (Post 2048329304)
Surprised no responses. So the obvious question is, why the back and forth with the laptops?

I'm taking it you don't have Sony Vegas? I poached it with alacrity, I know it's wrong but I'm not going to be making any money off it. I think that way you wouldn't have to convert files, at least. There may be another free movie editor of some kind that would allow you to avoid cutting out that step.

I wonder if you uploaded the ElGato files straight to Youtube and edited them there, would it let you do that and have the tools that you could edit it right there?

so my laptop is too old to work with the ElGato so i have to capture with my wifes then transfer to mine. she is ok with me using hers but doesnt want 1000 video game files on it

i should check out the youtube editing options and look into vegas. thanks

djp73 08-19-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4 (Post 2048339574)
Sorry I would've responded earlier had I seen this thread but I'm not normally too active in this section. The way I do it also is pretty time consuming as well but it may be able to shave off a few minutes here or there.

Since I don't have an Elgato I stream the games from my PS4, wait for them to process on my YouTube channel, then I download them into MP4's from a site I found and import that into Windows movie maker.

The longest part is for the stream to be fully processed on YouTube, but if you do something else during that half hour or so it won't feel like a long wait at all.

Hope this helps, but either way I'm not really sure there's a process that will take less time then roughly 45 minutes at least.

thanks, going to look into some options posted above. maybe getting myself a better laptop would bea good place to start!