Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Will 2k17 Launch with all online modes working 100% without the need of a patch? (/forums/showthread.php?t=886935)

Breakstarter 08-17-2016 11:35 AM

Will 2k17 Launch with all online modes working 100% without the need of a patch?

Disclaimer:This is not a hey devs thread, nor am I bashing 2k...just stating basic facts about recent 2k launch fails for online game modes and my concern for the upcoming 2k17 launch...specifically myplayer related.

I know devs are working hard in the shortest development cycle ever, with Nba 2k17 being released at its earliest release date ever sept 16th,so I believe the question at hand is par for the course. Will there be enough time spent on Quality Assurance testing out all online game modes on 2k's end to make sure all game modes work right out of the box without the need for a super patch that allows us to play basic game modes?

2k10 didn't allow us to play crew mode until January.
2k11 people had to figure out that you had to switch time zones just to be able get in to a game due to how bad the servers were back then.
2k16 players couldn't play pro am due to the servers being region locked.
2k16 we wouldn't play pro am mode with our custom arenas/Jerseys right out of the gate.
By the way, whats up with the quiet arena atmosphere and other commentary or PA announcer during Pro Am mode? We have the option there to add custom sounds, it wouldn't hurt to allow to feel more immersed in the action with this option turned on.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-am-arena.html

Oh yeah, P.S let us have the directors cut of replays at the end of the pro am games so we can watch every time a person scores like we used to have back in the day.

Basically all I'm asking from a customer standpoint, when we purchase 2k for the game modes we want to play, will they be available to us on day one without restrictions and running at 100% playability?

Everyone feel free to share your thoughts. Let's try and keep this thread as positive as possible.

Roxy2300 08-17-2016 11:38 AM

Re: Will 2k17 Launch with all online modes working 100% without the need of a patch?

Its 50/50 with that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 24th Letter 08-17-2016 11:40 AM

Re: Will 2k17 Launch with all online modes working 100% without the need of a patch?

Fair question. Good thread. I hope so.

DC 08-17-2016 11:55 AM

Did you call them to ask them?

Serious question

nuckles2k2 08-17-2016 11:58 AM

This is a really good question.

My guess is that Pro Am's early issues last year could be attributed to it being a new addition to the game, so maybe some things slipped thru during whatever QA that went on (I could see the region lock issue not necessarily presenting itself when tested in-house)

So..There shouldn't be any reason for online modes that work fine in 2K16 to not work at the launch of 2K17.

Unless it's completely a server stability thing (this is always possible with 2K), or a new mode that's not fully configured yet (for whatever reason)

ProfessaPackMan 08-17-2016 12:20 PM

I really hope they are, man.

Makes no sense to release a game like this(where it's heavily reliant on Online Play)yet we can barely do half of the stuff online.

MrDubya 08-17-2016 12:23 PM

I doubt it, but that's okay since I am not really huge on online modes to begin with anyway. I usually play offline a few times before even going against someone in MyPark, etc.

Dyslexicphish 08-17-2016 12:26 PM

Knowing the gaming industry nowadays I expect the game to have a few bugs. Maybe even a couple that cripple a mode for the first week.