Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Rams fans: Beware of Madden 17 (/forums/showthread.php?t=887528)

Aggies67 08-23-2016 10:42 AM

Rams fans: Beware of Madden 17

There has already been much talk about the Rams being forced into a generic stadium in Season 2. Well, I just simmed the season, went into a game in season 2 and guess what - Madden logos everywhere instead of Rams logos. The stadium's video ribbon, video wall, even the jumbotron - a grayscale Madden logo. Rams logos do not appear at all except on the field and over the tunnel entrances.

iFnotWhyNoT 08-23-2016 10:49 AM

Re: Rams fans: Beware of Madden 17

Whoever's decision it was to force people into a generic stadium, that needs a patch to fix, needs a timeout in the corner asap.

Aggies67 08-23-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT (Post 2048357746)
Whoever's decision it was to force people into a generic stadium, that needs a patch to fix, needs a timeout in the corner asap.

& a paddling with this bad boy:

IcedCoffee1983 08-23-2016 10:56 AM

What's worse is your finances are permenently screwed up too...

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983 (Post 2048357740)
It gets worse...

When you switch to the new stadium in year 2, all the low amenity attributes (parking, concessions, etc.) of the Coliseum stick and you don't get the high ratings of the new "futuristic" stadium (which you are locked into, so you're locked into lousy stadium ratings FOREVER as the Rams this means).

The same glitch affected the Vikings automatic move to their new stadium in Madden 16. The stadium would switch in year 2, but the low ratings carried over. It was stupid.

I mean... Yikes, this is a terrible over-sight on EA's part, and a real head scratcher they programmed it so you're forced out of the Coliseum after year 1. I wonder who's bright idea that was...

Damn, I was really excited for a Rams Franchise too, but now I'm not going to bother. That stadium glitch means when the CPU runs a Rams Franchise they will always struggle financially, as will anyone who does a Rams Franchise.

MMurda 08-23-2016 11:04 AM

If thats the case sounds like the only way to fix it is to let the new stadium crumble and then move to a new stadium again. but if it starts at 100 then it will take quite awhile which sux. I totally just dont get the whole idea to handle the rams move this way. i cant knock ea's ambition for looking ahead in future yrs but to do it this half arse and head scratching way just kinda kills whatever points the ambition earned them

T4VERTS 08-23-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMurda (Post 2048357785)
If thats the case sounds like the only way to fix it is to let the new stadium crumble and then move to a new stadium again. but if it starts at 100 then it will take quite awhile which sux. I totally just dont get the whole idea to handle the rams move this way. i cant knock ea's ambition for looking ahead in future yrs but to do it this half arse and head scratching way just kinda kills whatever points the ambition earned them

I wonder if it was sent down above EA's head?

MMurda 08-23-2016 11:10 AM

Dunno...but you would think the nfl knows rams wont be in their new spot in 2017-2018 so why would they force it...and then not even use the real renderings to mock up the new real stadium. and man those rendering look DOPE!!

CarryTheWeight 08-23-2016 11:18 AM

I would have honestly preferred staying in the Coliseum by default. It's one thing to include a prototype of the actual Inglewood stadium, but moving them into a generic "Futuristic Stadium" without any user input (and apparently breaking the user's Franchise budget) is pretty sketchy.

Unless this is indeed some kind of Kroenkspiracy, I hope this gets addressed via patch. Even if we can't keep the Coliseum, at least fix the broken budget.