Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   1975 Madden 17 Roster (/forums/showthread.php?t=887893)

Iteachpercussion 08-25-2016 09:18 PM

1975 Madden 17 Roster

Alright folks, I started working on the 1975 roster today. Obviously I am not very far. I have players renamed and moved around for the Browns, Bengals and Steelers. I have not rated the players yet.
I am editing the roster the same way I have in the past, from the main menu. So, heights and weights will not be edited. I will, as always try to find the closest matches in terms of size. For the lineman, there is little I can do, so they will simply be larger than the real players were in 1975.

Once I have a few teams finished I will upload the roster on Madden share and then update the roster as I finish more teams. I do not have an ETA for the roster. Like I have mentioned before, I am quite busy, so my time to work on the roster is limited.

I will keep you all updated and if you have any questions please let me know.

Uncle Elton John 08-25-2016 09:26 PM

Re: 1975 Madden 17 Roster

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion (Post 2048366727)
Alright folks, I started working on the 1975 roster today. Obviously I am not very far. I have players renamed and moved around for the Browns, Bengals and Steelers. I have not rated the players yet.
I am editing the roster the same way I have in the past, from the main menu. So, heights and weights will not be edited. I will, as always try to find the closest matches in terms of size. For the lineman, there is little I can do, so they will simply be larger than the real players were in 1975.

Once I have a few teams finished I will upload the roster on Madden share and then update the roster as I finish more teams. I do not have an ETA for the roster. Like I have mentioned before, I am quite busy, so my time to work on the roster is limited.

I will keep you all updated and if you have any questions please let me know.

Are you getting help with this ?

I would just edit current players names that have stats like the 1975 guys.

That way - u do not have to re-rate much.

How the heck you gonna re-rate ?

Iteachpercussion 08-25-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Elton John (Post 2048366746)
Are you getting help with this ?

I would just edit current players names that have stats like the 1975 guys.

That way - u do not have to re-rate much.

How the heck you gonna re-rate ?

I have system I have used for several years now. I use stats for the most part to set up basic overalls and adjust from there. I have made a number of rosters over the years and refined my system. Now, I have never done a 70s roster before, so I will be doing some experimenting as I go.

I appreciate the offer for help, but I want to go this roster alone. I have someone helping with another roster. We worked together on 1986 last year.

If you have M16, check out my 1986 and 1999 rosters for PS4. That will give you an idea of what this roster will be like.

Culture Rot 08-25-2016 10:47 PM

I think your reaching too far back here bud. Half the league is going to be filler/expansion teams. Plus there's equipment limitations, jersey, schedule limitations. As you mentioned, player size will be an issue.

Getting Madden to duplicate 80's and 90's football is a stretch to begin with. Going into the 70's is just too much of a reach IMO. No doubt this rosters going to be solid, and your going to do the best that can be done with it. I just wish you weren't going to be so limited.

You mentioned "another" roster. Hopefully your going for something more modern with that one. Not too modern of course! Lol

Iteachpercussion 08-26-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx (Post 2048367017)
I think your reaching too far back here bud. Half the league is going to be filler/expansion teams. Plus there's equipment limitations, jersey, schedule limitations. As you mentioned, player size will be an issue.

Getting Madden to duplicate 80's and 90's football is a stretch to begin with. Going into the 70's is just too much of a reach IMO. No doubt this rosters going to be solid, and your going to do the best that can be done with it. I just wish you weren't going to be so limited.

You mentioned "another" roster. Hopefully your going for something more modern with that one. Not too modern of course! Lol

We have had this discussion before. lol There are certainly some limitations, but nothing which cannot be overcome. The equipment is decent enough, no major issues. Since they left the 70s style helmet, all is good there. That was my only concern in terms of equipment.
Yes there will be filler teams, but there were 26 teams in the NFL in the 1975.
As I mentioned before, you can get past many of the issues by not using Franchise mode, but instead using Play Now and keeping track of everything yourself. That allows you to modify and use custom playbooks which mimic the playcalling and style of the '70s.

This roster is not for everyone, I understand that. It will not be as popular as some of my other rosters, but it is a bit of a personal challenge and something I want to do.

This year, in Franchise, you can edit the weights and heights and faces, so those can be fixed by the user once the roster is downloaded. Now, I might, no promises, make those edits in my own Franchise file and then, if possible, save that file and post it somewhere so people can download it outside of the game. I do not know how simple that process would be, but it is potentially an option.

metallicarl 08-28-2016 09:02 AM

Really looking forward to this Iteachpercussion!!! Just bought 17 for the PS4 after not buying last years version. I was wanting to get back into roster making but I really dont like the limitations they keep putting in, so im going to play around with it some. Really miss being able to create teams...do you know how many teams you can relocate in a franchise this year? What are you doing with the 6 teams that werent around in 75? You could use WFL players or teams. There was a ton of NFL players in the WFL in 75, enough to populate 6 teams. If you need any scouting reports on players from 75 let me know...that is right up my alley. I've got a ton of 70's football guides for this purpose. Once again thanks for doing this and keep us posted on the progress!!

Ebpmd 08-28-2016 10:41 AM

I haven't purchased 17 yet. I'm specifically waiting for this roster to be released. Can you relocate teams before your first CFM season?

Iteachpercussion 08-28-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metallicarl (Post 2048373727)
Really looking forward to this Iteachpercussion!!! Just bought 17 for the PS4 after not buying last years version. I was wanting to get back into roster making but I really dont like the limitations they keep putting in, so im going to play around with it some. Really miss being able to create teams...do you know how many teams you can relocate in a franchise this year? What are you doing with the 6 teams that werent around in 75? You could use WFL players or teams. There was a ton of NFL players in the WFL in 75, enough to populate 6 teams. If you need any scouting reports on players from 75 let me know...that is right up my alley. I've got a ton of 70's football guides for this purpose. Once again thanks for doing this and keep us posted on the progress!!

I hope the roster is a success. I have never done anything earlier than 1985, so this is a bit of an experiment. So far things are going well. I have the AFC Central finished. I will try to upload that portion of the roster on Madden Share later today or tomorrow evening.
For the "other" teams, I plan on using WFL teams. I have the WFL rosters and will make a WFL a team an NFL team. Example: The San Antonio Wings will become the Houston Texans.

I will also be making custom playbooks for use in Play Now games. Each team will not have their own playbook, but I will have 10 different offensive playbooks which match the basic play style of the different teams.
I also plan on making a few custom defensive playbooks so the defenses call plays based on 1970s tendencies.