Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 17: Putting a Stop to Mobile QBs (/forums/showthread.php?t=888452)

RaychelSnr 08-30-2016 03:44 PM

Madden NFL 17: Putting a Stop to Mobile QBs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NlswQKKCCQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mobile QBs are one of the toughest assignments to defend in the real NFL much less in Madden, where they've historically been somewhat overpowered. Last year, Madden put in a tool which allowed you to click-in the right stick for anyone playing a spy on the QB to bring them in as a rusher if the QB scrambled.

In Madden NFL 17, EA has expanded that to include any shallow defensive zone assignment being able to come up on the QB when he decides to start scrambling.

Obviously the lessons here are that if you are facing a mobile QB, trying to play some zone defense to contain a QB, especially on more obvious passing downs, may be the way to go to keep a Cam Newton in check.

What methods are you using to keep mobile QBs in check in this year's game?

Video: Madden Daily on YouTube

DeuceDouglas 08-30-2016 03:49 PM

Re: Madden NFL 17: Putting a Stop to Mobile QBs

Quote:

What methods are you using to keep mobile QBs in check in this year's game?
As someone who plays the CPU, I do nothing and watch mobile QB's willingly stop themselves.

theycallmeyango 08-30-2016 04:09 PM

Yup you can ingnore them vs the cpu even the best do every thing they can to avoid running

tyler28 08-30-2016 04:37 PM

Is this a joke? Whoever wrote this article hasnt played much of the game. I havent seen a "mobile " qb scramble yet. So how do i stop a "mobile" qb? I do nothing because there isnt one this yet. Sorry i dont need you watch your youtube video on how to stop them lol. I am really confused by this article. Someone needs to do some research on the topic

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

JayhawkerStL 08-30-2016 04:45 PM

Russell wilson kicked my butt the other day. Are people that are not seeing QBs scramble playing with adjusted sliders? I've seen plenty of scrambling by the CPU in my games, but I play on default sliders.

tyler28 08-30-2016 04:57 PM

Here is a thread that links to another thread of the issue http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=888431

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

extremeskins04 08-30-2016 05:41 PM

Are we kidding? I WANT MOBILE QBs! Let em run all day I say!

miamikb2001 08-30-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extremeskins04 (Post 2048380922)
Are we kidding? I WANT MOBILE QBs! Let em run all day I say!

Ahmen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk