Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Plenty of NBA 2K17 Details Have Arrived with More to Come Soon (@drevoigt) (/forums/showthread.php?t=888468)

MarkWilliam 08-30-2016 08:37 PM

Re: 2k Info Leak (twitter)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vni (Post 2048381462)
Would be funny if they did all that but didn't record the rims/nets sounds though.

Hahaha ah man don't go there..... could TOTALLY see that being the case.

MFDOOMBOT 08-30-2016 08:42 PM

Re: Plenty of NBA 2K17 Details Have Arrived with More to Come Soon (@drevoigt)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2048381431)
I've heard Fox call a game on NBATV. Sekou Smith (the black guy) does sideline reporting.

I swear Smith looks much thinner than I thought he was.. I wonder if he was on that Gucci Mane diet

Ownal0t 08-30-2016 08:47 PM

Re: 2k Info Leak (twitter)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan (Post 2048381486)
I just hope they don't have that garbage *** "BROOOOKLYNNNNN" chant that they've had for the last few years.

dont worry bro, none of that, if its from last season expect to hear lots of boos and quietness. with the occassional " FIRE BILLY KING" , " I PAID MONEY TO BE HERE" chants

UNLESS, they went to the knicks vs nets game which was actually Loud as hell or one of the few games they actually won at home

- Net fan " bootleg season ticket holder"

Eat_hits 08-30-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eman5805 (Post 2048381477)
UGH! Don't kill my vibe, man! lol

If you listen to the Friction trailer during the shoot around you could hear the ball enter the hoop. New sounds.

CaCHooKa Man 08-30-2016 08:51 PM

Matt Winer from NBATV/TNT was mocapped today too. Seems kind of late to mocap announcers/reporters/hosts but I guess not. Could just be for a story though.

stillfeelme 08-30-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man (Post 2048381561)
Matt Winer from NBATV/TNT was mocapped today too. Seems kind of late to mocap announcers/reporters/hosts but I guess not. Could just be for a story though.

Game definitely coming with a day 1 patch. I wonder if they are adding a bunch of sideline reporters at the last minute that will have updated commentary like Madden.

ksuttonjr76 08-30-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1 (Post 2048381385)
I don't understand. Really not trying to be rude, how does that point relate to what you're p*ss*ed about?

During the 2012-14 seasons, the Pacers were a Top 3 defensive team, however Paul George and Roy Hibbert were the only "defensive" players based on ratings. On the flip side, the Pacers were not a strong offensive team at all. The Pacers played with no little to no switching on matchups, each player could individually handle their matchups without help or double teams, and they "funneled" players into Roy Hibbert due to his elite rim protection. As an opposing team, players were forced to take a lot of contested shots or meet Hibbert at the rim. Those seasons would have been NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14.

Having said that, NBA 2K14 was a joke, because they took away blocking and reintroduced it in 2K15. Also, 2K has mostly been offense heavy for those two years...then there was the infamous Patch 5 that broke 2K15. The Pacers played WELL below their ratings and standing, because they sucked on offense and the AI didn't play "team" defense. Defense was strongly driven by ratings and tendencies. In a vacuum, Indiana's individual players outside of George and Hibbert sucked.

Reading the "new" feature, indicates to me that 2K Sports has figured out to incorporate team defensive strategies based on the coach. Frank Vogel is now the HC for Orlando, and the current Pacers roster is more offensive heavy...but they made strides on the defensive side of the ball for 2K17.

aguero90 08-30-2016 09:02 PM

Lol, I wish the marketing team would do their job, and tell us about the features, so we don't rely on translation!! This is the first year I've paid attention to 2k pre release, does this happen every year? Because MLB the show marketing is way better at it!