Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Defensive in H2H Feels Impossible (/forums/showthread.php?t=888618)

minnyhippo 09-01-2016 01:53 AM

Defensive in H2H Feels Impossible

Every year I dominate Madden until the first tuning patch and then it all goes downhill.

This year since the tuning patch, I now am throwing 2-3 freak INTs per game and my defense is dropping easy picks. Before the update I was throwing 0-1 INTs per game and picking off my opponent 2-3 times. What gives?

Im also finding that defense is next to impossible. Sure I get a stop every once in a while, but my cpu controlled defenders continually get burned on drag routes and deep balls. I am also giving up 100+ games to the likes of Matt Jones... I am still winning games but they are all shootouts and unrealistic.

This is only one guys point of view, but EA really needs to tone down the offense and make defense fun again. It is really getting old audibling players to double team TEs or WR running drags.

Another request I have would be to have more plays in default playbooks that contain QB spy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Slim4824 09-01-2016 02:28 AM

Re: Defensive in H2H Feels Impossible

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnyhippo (Post 2048385667)
Every year I dominate Madden until the first tuning patch and then it all goes downhill.

This year since the tuning patch, I now am throwing 2-3 freak INTs per game and my defense is dropping easy picks. Before the update I was throwing 0-1 INTs per game and picking off my opponent 2-3 times. What gives?

Im also finding that defense is next to impossible. Sure I get a stop every once in a while, but my cpu controlled defenders continually get burned on drag routes and deep balls. I am also giving up 100+ games to the likes of Matt Jones... I am still winning games but they are all shootouts and unrealistic.

This is only one guys point of view, but EA really needs to tone down the offense and make defense fun again. It is really getting old audibling players to double team TEs or WR running drags.

Another request I have would be to have more plays in default playbooks that contain QB spy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The tuning update only changed strip fumble chances.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Cajungodfather 09-01-2016 07:24 AM

That's kind of how it is every year. Usually, games are shootouts, unless you study the art of the nano blitz. Constant corner routes and drags, virtually every play. Screens mixed in depending on the opponent. Last year, guys would just call verts and chuck it deep using the Agg catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avwhitechic 09-01-2016 08:36 AM

I love the defense this year in h2h. Try using the suggestions and adjust the the coverage accordingly, when you know they are running outside adjust coverage to outside, when you know they like to run drags adjust coverage underneath, play action use play pass feature. My opponents only average 14 points against me online, again use the ask Madden feature on defense and choose one of the 3 and adjust coverage accordingly...hope this helps

SolidSquid 09-01-2016 08:39 AM

A lot more strategy involved on defense this year. Mix up your looks and know your opponents tendencies

goillini03 09-01-2016 09:26 AM

Defensive in H2H Feels Impossible

Quote:

Originally Posted by avwhitechic (Post 2048385976)
I love the defense this year in h2h. Try using the suggestions and adjust the the coverage accordingly, when you know they are running outside adjust coverage to outside, when you know they like to run drags adjust coverage underneath, play action use play pass feature. My opponents only average 14 points against me online, again use the ask Madden feature on defense and choose one of the 3 and adjust coverage accordingly...hope this helps

The calling outside, inside, overtop etc never seem to get my defense to actually do what I call them to do. Never. What am I doing wrong?

SolidSquid 09-01-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goillini03 (Post 2048386084)
The calling outside, inside, overtop etc never seem to get my defense to actually do what I call them to do. Never. What am I doing wrong?

Outside/Inside is hit or miss for me, sometimes my guys will play the technique I call sometimes they won't.

Over/Under definitely works. When you call over top it puts your outside defenders in zone in soft squat, so they will give up the flats to play those intermediate routes. When you call underneath they will play hard flats and give up the intermediate routes.

goillini03 09-01-2016 09:55 AM

I think this is the problem for me. Inside and outside is all that I need most games. It just never works.