Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   F1 2016 Career Mode Progression (XB1,PS4,CPU) (/forums/showthread.php?t=888883)

Bullit 09-03-2016 05:01 PM

F1 2016 Career Mode Progression (XB1,PS4,CPU)

OK. Well here you go OS F1 racers. Enough of you seemed interested so here it is.

Let's try to keep this civil and about Career Mode, alright?

Solidice 09-03-2016 05:46 PM

Re: F1 2016 Career Mode Progression (XB1,PS4,CPU)

heading into the Japanese GP, screenshots of my current progress.

Driver points

I've been closing in on Hamilton, Kimi is starting to pull me back in. He has had some really bad luck with DNFs, same with Grojean.

Constructor points

the Mercades have really dropped the last 4-5 races. no podiums is a while.
They dominated early on, so they may hang on to still get 2nd.
the Ferrari powered cars(Ferrari, Haas, Torro Rosso) have been climbing in that span

My finishes so far in the season

5 straight Podiums for me in the last half of the season.

R&D Progress so far

Ferrari now on top, Toro Rosso passes big brother Red bull, as has Haas.
Renault is the surprise team to me. they made a bunch of upgrades the last few races and jump up a lot. they still don't have any points yet.

Solidice 09-04-2016 04:07 PM

finished the Japanese GP, closest I have been to a win so far in career mode.

started 4th. the race was Full wets all race long. all of practice was dry and Qualifying was light rain in Intermediates.

I got a great start, got up to 2nd behind Vettel.
after 2 laps, I was able to get by and pull away from Vettel.
I lead all the way until the only pitstop in the race, I stayed out 1 lap longer, and that was enough for Vettel to gain over 5 seconds on me and come out ahead. I slowly reeled him back in, but was 1 lap too short, finished less than 1 second from him.

Vettel locked up the Drivers championship with that win. Hamilton finished 3rd, the gap between mw and him now only 9 points.

Next race in my home GP, US Grand Prix in Austin.
I'm going to be pushing like hell to try and win that race.

Godgers12 09-04-2016 07:19 PM

Hamilton and Rosberg always seem to dominate, other than Hamilton's DNF I don't think either has finished outside the top 5. Also, has anyone seen any surprise drivers/teams? And, do other drivers switch teams after the season?

Solidice 09-05-2016 12:21 AM

Got my first win in Career mode, the US GP.

It wasn't that eventful of a race. I took the pole narrowly over Vettel. Me and Vettel both did the same tire strategy n Q2 and used the softs and barely got into Q3.

turn 1 lap 1

Vettel beat me to turn 1, but later in the lap, I got a run and got by him.

not sure what happened to Vettel, he just dropped back and I never saw him again. I think he finished 6th in the end.

I lead all the lap until I pitted on lap 13. I came out behind Kimi, but he was on a 2 stopper while I only pitted once.

I retook the lead when he pitted, he came out 15 seconds behind me. He was closing in fairly quickly, nearly a second a lap, but I hung on to get my first win.

the win put me 1 point ahead of Hamilton for 2nd in the points.

I think I will increase the difficulty for next season to Legend and start playing with custom setups to try and make up the difference. I tried before and was always qualifying back in 20th-22nd, even with laps faster than I was doing on expert to get the pole(using one of the preset setups).

Grojean got stuck behind some of the slower cars doing 1-stops and ended up 7th I believe, right behind Vettel. He was fast all practices, just didn't qualify good(9th).

AceFan84 09-05-2016 10:48 AM

Have a career going with Haas, ready to do the race at Catalunya next. I started with different settings than what I am using now, started with medium traction control and medium ai difficulty. After finishing 2nd at bahrain i turned the difficulty up to hard and it's been a better fit for me combined with turning any traction control off entirely.

I finished 5th at Sochi with my new settings and have qualified 4th for my upcoming Catalunya race. I almost got caught out by rain in Q1 in Spain, it was full wet at the beginning so I ran early and set a good lap that I thought would get me to Q2 easily. HOWEVER, when I got back to the garage I noticed I was down in 14th and on the verge of being bumped out of Q2! Well it turns out the rain was subsiding and everyone was setting quicker lap times on the Intermediate tire!!! So with 4 minutes left in Q1 I quickly put on a set of Inters and went back out. The pressure was ON as I only had time for 1 flying timed lap, luckily I put a good one together and set a top-5 time to get me through to Q2.

It's the moments like that, whether its a weather situation or race strategy or whatever, that make this game so enjoyable for me.

AceFan84 09-05-2016 12:25 PM

Just a quick update, did my race in Spain, finished 6th. I really only had the pace for about a 10th place finish but I managed to barely stay ahead of both Red Bulls for the last 5 laps or so, some crazy racing. I'm glad to be done with Catalunya, for whatever reason I am bad at that track compared to all the others I've played so far. Next up is Monaco :brickwall

Lieutenant Dan 09-05-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceFan84 (Post 2048397489)
Just a quick update, did my race in Spain, finished 6th. I really only had the pace for about a 10th place finish but I managed to barely stay ahead of both Red Bulls for the last 5 laps or so, some crazy racing. I'm glad to be done with Catalunya, for whatever reason I am bad at that track compared to all the others I've played so far. Next up is Monaco :brickwall

If you were pacing 10th but finish 6th on a track you have issues with, that is a an Epic Win.

Have fun with Monaco. I'm going to just let Tony Stark drive that track next season for me.