Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   DL can't stand up (/forums/showthread.php?t=888922)

goalieump413 09-04-2016 01:22 AM

DL can't stand up

I'm a big fan of utilizing DL in flat zones or other oddball coverage schemes, but to do so, I like to select a DE, stand him up, and then move him around behind the line of scrimmage. I've noticed that I can no longer get a DL to stand up. They only shift side to side along the LOS. Has anyone else noticed this, or maybe better, found a way to get a DL to stand?

Lionhammer 09-04-2016 01:44 AM

Re: DL can't stand up

Maybe check the Pats D book... They run a formation with 1DL, and a bunch of backers. You can just sub your ends.

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk

highmiles100 09-04-2016 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goalieump413 (Post 2048394290)
I'm a big fan of utilizing DL in flat zones or other oddball coverage schemes, but to do so, I like to select a DE, stand him up, and then move him around behind the line of scrimmage. I've noticed that I can no longer get a DL to stand up. They only shift side to side along the LOS. Has anyone else noticed this, or maybe better, found a way to get a DL to stand?

Yes they took that out of the game this year. Along with the Psycho Nickel Defense. You can still put him in the flat and etc.. You just can't stand him up and move them around. Why they did this? Who knows its just dumb but I guess we have an entire year to just deal with it

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 09-04-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highmiles100 (Post 2048394398)
Yes they took that out of the game this year. Along with the Psycho Nickel Defense. You can still put him in the flat and etc.. You just can't stand him up and move them around. Why they did this? Who knows its just dumb but I guess we have an entire year to just deal with it

Probably something to do with Nano blitz detection.

ktrotter11 09-04-2016 10:53 AM

Probably removed it because on real football you would get abused for moving a lineman out of their respective gap assignment

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk