Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   60/80 auto subs (/forums/showthread.php?t=889677)

Rmiok222 09-10-2016 09:03 AM

60/80 auto subs

I've seen a few slider sets have these. Why are these most effective? Can somebody explain? I just don't get that concept and am willing to learn!

JoshC1977 09-10-2016 10:13 AM

Re: 60/80 auto subs

I started exclusively using 60/80 subs in my set last year as they are the default in the main menu screen.

In franchise mode, EA (again) has the In/Out in the opposite direction. As a consequence you get that weird 49/50 setup. I truly believe that it is an error/oversight...if not, I see no logical reason why it might've been done.

Setting them to 60/80 gives a solid rate of subbing based on the fatigue you are using and I personally feel that they provide the most balanced gameplay. A couple of things.
  • QBs will NOT sub out....period....so don't worry about that
  • O-line will sub out a few plays per game...some people hate that, but I don't mind since they can't get injured in-game....gives backups some reps.

Rmiok222 09-10-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2048414617)
I started exclusively using 60/80 subs in my set last year as they are the default in the main menu screen.

In franchise mode, EA (again) has the In/Out in the opposite direction. As a consequence you get that weird 49/50 setup. I truly believe that it is an error/oversight...if not, I see no logical reason why it might've been done.

Setting them to 60/80 gives a solid rate of subbing based on the fatigue you are using and I personally feel that they provide the most balanced gameplay. A couple of things.
  • O-line will sub out a few plays per game...some people hate that, but I don't mind since they can't get injured in-game....gives backups some reps.

Thanks for this response. I have my fatigue set to 58, just curious what you use?

cooper417 09-11-2016 10:30 AM

Does this work well for shorter quarter length too? I'm looking to use something like this in my online CFMs which all run around 8 min qtr 20 sec accel.

GrayDawg 09-11-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Also tackles and guards sub on occasion. They are referred to as swing tackles and guards.

Vollin 09-19-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

I'm curious as to why you think this? It seems to me that IN/OUT 80/60 means you sub a guy out when he drops to 60 and back in when he's up to 80, right? Or am I understanding this wrong?

Uncle Elton John 09-19-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vollin (Post 2048446910)
I'm curious as to why you think this? It seems to me that IN/OUT 80/60 means you sub a guy out when he drops to 60 and back in when he's up to 80, right? Or am I understanding this wrong?

yes, you are correct.

JoshC1977 09-19-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vollin (Post 2048446910)

No, you're understanding this correctly. But my point was mis-understood....let me clarify....

Look at the orientation of the values. In Main Menu, it is Out, then In. In CFM, it is In then Out. So, when you hit reset in CFM, they all go to 50/50. I think if they were oriented to the same as the Main Menu, when you hit reset in CFM, they would go back to 60/80.

If you think about it, having a one point differential between out and in (like in CFM) doesn't make much sense...a guy will be really winded at 49, one play later, he is back to 50. If a guy needs to rest, it will typically be longer (in real life) than one play.

Maybe they ARE oriented how EA wants them to be (I'm not a programmer, just a consumer)...but I'm not sure I completely grasp the rationale if that's the case....would love to know though :)