Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Field goals still too easy and slider is broken (/forums/showthread.php?t=889833)

fistofrage 09-11-2016 11:56 AM

Field goals still too easy and slider is broken

So one of my major gripes from last year is field goals and xp were automatic. I read the reviews this year and people claimed fgs were harder. So I bought the game this year and same thing it's a three button system but everything goes right down the pipe even if the last button isn't within the desired zone.

So I go to adjust the slider and its broken just like last year. If you put the slider at 25 or less it's an automatic shank even if you hit the bullseye on the final button press. The perfect range gets smaller which it's supposed to but even when you hit it perfectly it's a shank or a short squib. Same as last year.

Fix this please. Real Games are decided by filed goals and not everything is automatic.

I would also caution that if one slider is broken chances are others are too. This game is most likely the exact same as last year with the exception of the back of the box features. Disappointing.

rich8682 09-11-2016 11:59 AM

Re: Field goals still too easy and slider is broken

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2048417593)
So one of my major gripes from last year is field goals and xp were automatic. I read the reviews this year and people claimed fgs were harder. So I bought the game this year and same thing it's a three button system but everything goes right down the pipe even if the last button isn't within the desired zone.

So I go to adjust the slider and its broken just like last year. If you put the slider at 25 or less it's an automatic shank even if you hit the bullseye on the final button press. The perfect range gets smaller which it's supposed to but even when you hit it perfectly it's a shank or a short squib. Same as last year.

Fix this please. Real Games are decided by filed goals and not everything is automatic.

I would also caution that if one slider is broken chances are others are too. This game is most likely the exact same as last year with the exception of the back of the box features. Disappointing.

I agree with you about FGs, but the game is absolutely not the same. It's so much better.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

JoshC1977 09-11-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2048417593)

This is by no means intended as a glib response...but editing your Kicker's rating within CFM could be a route you could go. I have definitely seen differences between good and bad kickers...I've had bad kickers miss mid and short range FGs, even if I click in the "zone".

ggsimmonds 09-11-2016 12:55 PM

Field goals are not too easy for me.

I have Justin Tucker and I'm kinda glad there seems to be a glitch where kicker stats aren't tracked.

I probably miss just as many as I make.

Devildog Frank 09-11-2016 01:11 PM

I was kicking with Bryant on the Falcons, indoors, and missed hitting the meter just right of it twice. Both FG's were missed just wide right from 53 and 46 yds.

mjavon 09-11-2016 02:24 PM

Setting Field Goal Accuracy to 25 is a little too extreme. I've had a better experience with it in the 36-39 range.

CleveCluby 09-11-2016 08:14 PM

The problem is the slider at 27 is still shaky. It has a pretty big effect on Humans but it does nothing to the CPU. But at 26 the CPU will pretty much shank everything also. So I set my slider to 36 to 38 and adjust each kicker’s accuracy down 10 points. It don't take long, But I just look at my schedule and only change the Kicker of the teams I play. I do this before each game then return them to their original rating after the game. Then to make up the difference I up my Kicker acc point by five. It still takes a near perfect kick or I can miss, but there is always a chance the CPU will miss, even seen them miss some extra points. They make the majority of the kicks but there is always that chance now. It has put back the excitement in the game.. Without that, they will make 60 yd FG's, now anything 45 or more is not guaranteed.. And even short ones will be missed occasionally.

fistofrage 09-11-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveCluby (Post 2048418806)
The problem is the slider at 27 is still shaky. It has a pretty big effect on Humans but it does nothing to the CPU. But at 26 the CPU will pretty much shank everything also. So I set my slider to 36 to 38 and adjust each kicker’s accuracy down 10 points. It don't take long, But I just look at my schedule and only change the Kicker of the teams I play. I do this before each game then return them to their original rating after the game. Then to make up the difference I up my Kicker acc point by five. It still takes a near perfect kick or I can miss, but there is always a chance the CPU will miss, even seen them miss some extra points. They make the majority of the kicks but there is always that chance now. It has put back the excitement in the game.. Without that, they will make 60 yd FG's, now anything 45 or more is not guaranteed.. And even short ones will be missed occasionally.

Glad you found a work around. But no one can refute the slider is broken. Imagine if you put qb accuracy to 25 and every pass was chucked straight into the ground or fumble slider at 25 and they immediately fumbled without being touched.

There is a problem with the programming the bullseye gets smaller but even with perfect button timing at 25 it shanks. All I want is the slider to work and if it's not perfect then it will drift right or left based on the miss.

With fga at 30 I can still miss the desired range by quite a bit with no consequence.

This is on all pro and all madden I tested both.