Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Anything to fix the ridiculous amount of long runs? (/forums/showthread.php?t=890938)

rich8682 09-17-2016 09:07 PM

Anything to fix the ridiculous amount of long runs?

Every game there's at least one where somehow I have no guys on one side of the field.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

JoshC1977 09-17-2016 09:25 PM

Re: Anything to fix the ridiculous amount of long runs?

There are two issues:

1. The CPU calls way too many 6 and 7 man blitzes using their default playbooks. So, the LBs get sucked into the interior line, opening-up the outside. If you're calling a lot of blitzes, this could be your issue.
  2. LBs stay too much in read mode and don't have enough react. The only way to shake them out of that was to raise the main menu LB autosub to around 60 Out/95 In.

rich8682 09-17-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2048441553)
There are two issues:

1. The CPU calls way too many 6 and 7 man blitzes using their default playbooks. So, the LBs get sucked into the interior line, opening-up the outside. If you're calling a lot of blitzes, this could be your issue.
  2. LBs stay too much in read mode and don't have enough react. The only way to shake them out of that was to raise the main menu LB autosub to around 60 Out/95 In.

How does the autosub thing work? I've been skeptical of it, but have heard a lot of good things so I kinda want to try it. Would it work with my All Madden sliders?

JoshC1977 09-17-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich8682 (Post 2048441562)
How does the autosub thing work? I've been skeptical of it, but have heard a lot of good things so I kinda want to try it. Would it work with my All Madden sliders?

The "out" value is basically a pursuit/acceleration type of mechanic...basically putting a cattle rod to their rear ends. The LB "In" is interesting...the high values essentially control their reactions to everything and shakes them out of their "read" mentality.

You'll have to try it out...the numerical values may be different for All Madden and depending on your other slider values...but this is a global modifier that can be used.

rich8682 09-17-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2048441582)
The "out" value is basically a pursuit/acceleration type of mechanic...basically putting a cattle rod to their rear ends. The LB "In" is interesting...the high values essentially control their reactions to everything and shakes them out of their "read" mentality.

You'll have to try it out...the numerical values may be different for All Madden and depending on your other slider values...but this is a global modifier that can be used.

I input auto subs exactly as you have em in mm and cfm, did em for opponent too along with playbook. Gonna evaluate over my next 4 games.

JoshC1977 09-17-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich8682 (Post 2048441586)
I input auto subs exactly as you have em in mm and cfm, did em for opponent too along with playbook. Gonna evaluate over my next 4 games.

Happy to help :)

Shoot me a PM if you see anything wonky with your setup...I got a pretty good handle on how these work now and I'd be happy to help you adjust if you'd like.

caseyj622 09-17-2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich8682 (Post 2048441495)
Every game there's at least one where somehow I have no guys on one side of the field.

I know you are really happy with 10 pass reaction but I am really convinced the runs with no defenders on one side of the field is tied to that slider. Your sliders were always great to me except for that one thing. I could run stretches and have a wide open field on that side and walk in for a td untouched. Might wanna try messing with that a bit.

rich8682 09-17-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyj622 (Post 2048441599)
I know you are really happy with 10 pass reaction but I am really convinced the runs with no defenders on one side of the field is tied to that slider. Your sliders were always great to me except for that one thing. I could run stretches and have a wide open field on that side and walk in for a td untouched. Might wanna try messing with that a bit.

I've been noticing that while elite guys have great reactions, guys with around 70-75 awareness look like complete scrubs. Big reason I'm 0-3 right now. I'm gonna try 30 over my next 4 games.