Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Your philosophies to building a winning team in Franchise Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=891271)

UltraHD 09-19-2016 01:54 PM

Your philosophies to building a winning team in Franchise Mode

Hey guys,

I believe everyone has certain philosophies/rules they follow to making a solid team in Franchise Mode and was just wondering what they might be?

Personally I always do 4 things regardless which team I am coaching in order to build a winner...
  • Building a solid Offensive Line - The core of any offense starts here in my opinion. This is one of the first things I try to achieve as you won't win many games with a weak OL unit. When bringing in new players, I like to go for young ones with high potential allowing my team to have a great Offensive Line for years too come.
  • Selecting a Franchise/Future Quarterback - Obviously a vital part to any team, I want too have my future Quarterback on my Roster as soon as possible. Weather they are picked up via Trade or the Draft this is a position which needs to be rectified immediately as it can change the direction of any Franchise Team.
  • Accumulation of Draft Picks - Another thing I do is plan for the future, weather it's during my first season, second or third it doesn't matter. I always want to make sure the future looks bright so as apposed to cutting players who may have value, I attempt to trade each of them in order to gain as many Draft Picks as possible going forward. Even if they are 4th-7th Rounders, they all count for something. 7th Rounders may not have that much value too some people however whenever the Draft comes along, I always trade it away and some teams offer future 5th Round Picks which of corse is a no brainer.
  • Defense does win Championships - EA have taken it upon themselves in recent years to make Defense more important just as it is in real life, and it shows in Madden. Starting from the D-Line right up until the Secondary, I want my Defense to have plenty of depth with quality starters. I don't want to be getting torched by the run or disected via the pass. That's why I develop a no fly zone and an intimidating pass rush to ensure I have the best chance of getting off the field. This is were the accumulation of Draft Picks come in handy so they give you the opportunity to execute trades.

Please feel free to share your philosophies in building a Franchise Team, ones that you stick by regardless of the team you are controlling!

rich8682 09-19-2016 01:58 PM

Re: Your philosophies to building a winning team in Franchise Mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraHD (Post 2048446982)
Hey guys,

I believe everyone has certain philosophies/rules they follow to making a solid team in Franchise Mode and was just wondering what they might be?

Personally I always do 4 things regardless which team I am coaching in order to build a winner...
  • Building a solid Offensive Line - The core of any offense starts here in my opinion. This is one of the first things I try to achieve as you won't win many games with a weak OL unit. When bringing in new players, I like to go for young ones with high potential allowing my team to have a great Offensive Line for years too come.
  • Selecting a Franchise/Future Quarterback - Obviously a vital part to any team, I want too have my future Quarterback on my Roster as soon as possible. Weather they are picked up via Trade or the Draft this is a position which needs to be rectified immediately as it can change the direction of any Franchise Team.
  • Accumulation of Draft Picks - Another thing I do is plan for the future, weather it's during my first season, second or third it doesn't matter. I always want to make sure the future looks bright so as apposed to cutting players who may have value, I attempt to trade each of them in order to gain as many Draft Picks as possible going forward. Even if they are 4th-7th Rounders, they all count for something. 7th Rounders may not have that much value too some people however whenever the Draft comes along, I always trade it away and some teams offer future 5th Round Picks which of corse is a no brainer.
  • Defense does win Championships - EA have taken it upon themselves in recent years to make Defense more important just as it is in real life, and it shows in Madden. Starting from the D-Line right up until the Secondary, I want my Defense to have plenty of depth with quality starters. I don't want to be getting torched by the run or disected via the pass. That's why I develop a no fly zone and an intimidating pass rush to ensure I have the best chance of getting off the field. This is were the accumulation of Draft Picks come in handy so they give you the opportunity to execute trades.

Please feel free to share your philosophies in building a Franchise Team, ones that you stick by regardless of the team you are controlling!

Defense always my priority. Followed by the O-line, then the run game. I play a more old school kind of game, my QBs rarely get even 3500 yards.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

goillini03 09-19-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich8682 (Post 2048446991)
Defense always my priority. Followed by the O-line, then the run game. I play a more old school kind of game, my QBs rarely get even 3500 yards.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. I need good line play number 1, with the rest of my defense coming in at the second level of priority. As long as my QB can throw on the run, I can even overcome a suspect o line.

wellred 09-19-2016 03:44 PM

I run a 3-4 and a run heavy west coast offense. When Im building my team my goal is to out physical everybody. The most important position I look at is big nasty 3-4 ends. This is the cornerstone of my defense when it comes to stopping the run. Then I stockpile 3-4 edge rushers who just want to get after and hit people. You can never have too many of those guys, they dont have to be genius's they just have to hate qbs. Lastly I need athletic safties. As the last line of the defense thats a pretty obvious one. Everyone on the D has to be able to tackle, so I prefer bigger stronger corners.

Dont like qbs theyre babies. Give me a durable guy with a good carry rating. WR's who look more like TE's, and TE's who look like Dlineman. Olineman who look like they ate several small children. The RB should be a likeable guy because nobody else on the team is.

T5063 09-19-2016 04:21 PM

I usually focus on defence and a punishing passing game.

SuperSeahawks 09-19-2016 05:32 PM

Cool thread, here's mine:

Offense: A dynamic passing attack with a QB who has some mobility and a RB who can catch the football. Mix in the run throughout the game, but hopefully lean on the running game in the 4th quarter when ahead.

Defense: Size, speed, strength. That is what it really comes down to for me at least. I've never run a 3-4, but I'm building a team with two run stuffers plus a DE who can put some pressure on the QB. Two pass rushers on the edges at OLB and two athletic players at ILB. Speed and size at CB (2 out of 3 coverage abilities between man, zone, and press). A FS who can play the deep zone and another who can man up on TE's and RB's.

Primarily I like to build through the draft and fill some holes in free agency with mid-tier players.

shadowkaga 09-19-2016 05:39 PM

The first things i usually look for are franchise K/P- find em and im set for the next 13-15 years. Then i build my defense from the outside in. For offense i put all the pieces in place before i go looking for a franchise qb

ajra21 09-19-2016 05:48 PM

OL & pass rush.

once i have those, i'm flexible on the rest. sometimes i'll ground n pound it; sometimes i'll pass it.

but always OL & pass rush first.