Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Key findings in pass rush! How I make the D line get after it! (/forums/showthread.php?t=891326)

SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe 09-19-2016 06:34 PM

Key findings in pass rush! How I make the D line get after it!

Dating back to last madden through testing for my online franchise I figured out that user pass blocking and cpu pass blocking are somehow tied together. This was a key finding for me and it has carried over to this madden with great success as the two still seem to be linked. In theory if user pass block is at 0, but CPU is at 100, user pass block will not reflect this because it is tied to cpu coverage therefore the coverage will still be 100. This was fact last year and the one of the reasons people could not get a good rush. In my league, both user vs user and user vs cpu games the pass rush is victious and makes you strategize against teams with good rush! Below is a short video showing a look into pass rush I created in my league. Gets better as vid go's on, makes sure you watch through to see other team matchups.

All relevant details. Detail with * are a must.
All Madden
*Pass Block: 0 (Both user and CPU)
Pass Coverage: 65
Interception: 51
*Game Speed: Fast (Very important)
*Threshold: 75
Holding: 51

If you wondering why 0. Pass blocking and user blocking at 0 in my opinions makes player play more true to their ratings while adding a bit of unpredictability on any giving play. I do not like long patty cake animations. Please feel free to ask my opinion or questions..I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Key finding in how I create pass rush
https://youtu.be/b8G22Bh1by8

BZito75 09-19-2016 06:53 PM

Re: Key findings in pass rush! How I make the D line get after it!

What skill level

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe 09-19-2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BZito75 (Post 2048448052)
What skill level

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All Madden. Let t me update that.

Playmakers 09-19-2016 07:54 PM

There's actually like 2-3 posters who created sliders already with 0 pass blocking for both CPU and Human

I've done it on Pro Level and I know whosenext has done it on All Pro

I think the problem some people are having is that it's still tough to break out of the patty cake animation at times....

But there's several guys on here that already use those settings for pass blocking

SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe 09-19-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers (Post 2048448272)
There's actually like 2-3 posters who created sliders already with 0 pass blocking for both CPU and Human

I've done it on Pro Level and I know whosenext has done it on All Pro

I think the problem some people are having is that it's still tough to break out of the patty cake animation at times....

But there's several guys on here that already use those settings for pass blocking

I have not seen anyone note that the two are tied together. So this is just some insight as it may help some. I have no problem with pass rush in my league really satisfied with how the play responded to my tweaks this year. Really makes game better with pass rush. I dont know if simply tuning to 0 for both will produce desired results with other people sliders, but my adjustments work for me thats why I included other tweaks that may be relevant. Such as game speed and thresh. Those patty cake animations may never be fully gone, but notice in the vid its not a rush killer from my experience. Again I can only speak for myself. Thanks for feedback bro.

The JareBear 09-20-2016 01:47 AM

Honestly I think he key ingredient is the holding slider. Playing with the holding slider at 50 and then raising it to 60 or 65 (or higher) makes the effect of the slider on gameplay as clear as night and day. On 50 the line interactions are somewhat smooth, organic, and dynamic. Raise the holding slider higher and higher and it goes back to patty cake line play with pass rushers just being stuck in place.

TheWood56 09-20-2016 01:55 AM

No offense man, but that video was terrible. Of course you're going to get sacked when you're trying to for the video. The QB just kept going backwards instead of stepping up into the pocket and actually trying to get a pass off. The QB just help the ball forever and showed zero pocket awareness whatsoever. These sliders may work, but of course you're going to get sacked when you play offense like that. The QB had a full 4 Mississippi's on some plays to get the pass off, which is an eternity in this day and age.

SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe 09-20-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWood56 (Post 2048449262)
No offense man, but that video was terrible. Of course you're going to get sacked when you're trying to for the video. The QB just kept going backwards instead of stepping up into the pocket and actually trying to get a pass off. The QB just help the ball forever and showed zero pocket awareness whatsoever. These sliders may work, but of course you're going to get sacked when you play offense like that. The QB had a full 4 Mississippi's on some plays to get the pass off, which is an eternity in this day and age.

Sorry to ruin your troll bro. But if you look closely to upperight corner. You will see these videos are pulled from an online league game. Majority of sacks in the vid was on my opponent..I doubt any of us want to be sacked or throw a league game for this post. Its not that serious..and if a play get to 4 mississipis, nothing wrong with that..as long as its not consistent. Randomness is golden. Hope you got the attention you were seeking.