Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   (Spoilers) Post Your MyCareer Plot Line Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=893809)

Wingzero 10-07-2016 06:46 AM

(Spoilers) Post Your MyCareer Plot Line Here

So I wanted to know if there are indeed different branching stories in this year's MyCareer. I'm posting mine so far.

Be warned though, heavy spoilers especially from people who have gone far already with MyCareer.

My Plot Lines so far:
- Got drafted 11th by Magic
- Met Justice and Denver
- Bonded with Justice
- Got Jordan shoe deal level 1
- Girlfriend visited once
- Justice trade rumors
- Supported Justice in every question
- Various training cutscenes with Xavier
- Talked with reporter
- Asked for trade to T-Wolves with Justice
- Justice trade rumors persist
- Justice did not get traded, no more rumors + Denver got called up from D-League in one cutscene
- No more cutscenes after that, it's been 2 weeks already

So that's it? That's the whole story? The cutscenes ended late December on my 1st season.

TGsoGood 10-07-2016 09:03 AM

Re: (Spoilers) Post Your MyCareer Plot Line Here

Did u work on writing a book with the reporter?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

mongo13clikke 10-07-2016 09:37 AM

There is story after what youve written, maybe you are bugged, some people have reported that the story did not progress after a certain time...

But whats the point? The story has zero branching and is 100% linear, the cutscenes are tied to a timeline. So its 100% the same for everybody no matter what you do on the court, when you ask for a trade or whatever...

Wingzero 10-07-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGsoGood (Post 2048499968)
Did u work on writing a book with the reporter?

Nope. When was that supposed to happen?

Wingzero 10-07-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongo13clikke (Post 2048500026)
There is story after what youve written, maybe you are bugged, some people have reported that the story did not progress after a certain time...

But whats the point? The story has zero branching and is 100% linear, the cutscenes are tied to a timeline. So its 100% the same for everybody no matter what you do on the court, when you ask for a trade or whatever...

I heard some people say that Justice got traded during those rumors. Maybe they did not side with Justice? That's why he got traded?

TGsoGood 10-07-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingzero (Post 2048500225)
Nope. When was that supposed to happen?

I saw it on youtuber.

Jrocc23 10-07-2016 05:07 PM

That's not it. It's a lot more stuff that happens and I am not even done w/ my first season. Off the top of my head:

- Your GF leaves you

- Denver 10 day was up and similar to Justice, you kind of had to choose to keep side with Denver or stay out of it. I sided with him and they signed him for the whole season.

- Got injured before All Star break. Even though I decided to play through, it glitched my whole All Star weekend and I missed every event even though it took me in the game like I was playing but I wasn't there. Had to Sim to end. And then it just through me in my next regular season game. Weird stuff.

That's all I can remember so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mongo13clikke 10-07-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingzero (Post 2048500231)
I heard some people say that Justice got traded during those rumors. Maybe they did not side with Justice? That's why he got traded?

Possible, but how did the story evolve after that?

All I can say on one player I decided to be traded without Justice and the story continued as if Justice was still on your team. Thats been confirmed through multiple sources here on the forums. Thats what I meant with there is zero branching etc...