Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Any advice on scoring from the post using shotstick? (/forums/showthread.php?t=894293)

Jmb4life 10-11-2016 11:09 PM

Any advice on scoring from the post using shotstick?

The new aiming system with the shot stick is a real pain, especially from the post. I like to do dream shakes and fadeaways from the post but I can't figure out how to aim the shotstick to get the shots to fall. I'll back down my defender and flick the stick left to right to trigger a left fake and fade right towards the baseline but it never goes in. Even in practice mode I cannot get results. Help me out here.

clinthc0003 10-11-2016 11:54 PM

Re: Any advice on scoring from the post using shotstick?

If you start a fadeaway from the post, you won't always necessarily be holding the right stick up or down to get the aiming boost as you know.

You can however rotate the right stick to the down or up position after you start your shot and get the aiming boost. The release point matters on the right stick shots, not the starting point.

Bunselpower32 10-12-2016 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinthc0003 (Post 2048511780)
If you start a fadeaway from the post, you won't always necessarily be holding the right stick up or down to get the aiming boost as you know.

You can however rotate the right stick to the down or up position after you start your shot and get the aiming boost. The release point matters on the right stick shots, not the starting point.

That is an unnecessary and confusing change.

Guard-ian 10-12-2016 02:54 AM

Yes, the post fadeaways shouldn´t trigger any aim bonus/penalisation, same as the shots in the paint. To me, this is a bug they should correct in next patches.

All this aim system is killing my experience with the pro stick to the point that I am mainly using the button to shoot right now, and I hate it.

Thunderhorse 10-12-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guard-ian (Post 2048512027)
Yes, the post fadeaways shouldn´t trigger any aim bonus/penalisation, same as the shots in the paint. To me, this is a bug they should correct in next patches.

All this aim system is killing my experience with the pro stick to the point that I am mainly using the button to shoot right now, and I hate it.

Same here.

I used the pro stick for the post game 100% last year.

This year I use square. The post fades have not been dropping for me AT ALL. Use the left analog stick to choose which direction you want to shoot in and press square.

It's annoying, In 16 I could give a shoulder fake one way and pull a fade the other seamlessly, now I have to use the shoulder fake and then pull the left stick the direction I want to go and then press square.

You can rotate the shot stick, but forget it in the park.

Jmb4life 10-12-2016 05:25 PM

*sigh* - Guess I'll keep trying to figure this out. Its very confusing to maneuver the R stick left then right to trigger the shimmy and immediately push the stick down to aim the shot. This often times changes or messes up the shot I wanted. Its overly complicated.

eko718 10-12-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmb4life (Post 2048511666)
The new aiming system with the shot stick is a real pain, especially from the post. I like to do dream shakes and fadeaways from the post but I can't figure out how to aim the shotstick to get the shots to fall. I'll back down my defender and flick the stick left to right to trigger a left fake and fade right towards the baseline but it never goes in. Even in practice mode I cannot get results. Help me out here.

Many moves in the post seem to not use the aiming mechanism at all. Just a matter of timing.

When you say you can't hit shots in the post, who are you using? Is this a MyPlayer? Are these high rated post players?

turty11 10-12-2016 07:06 PM

1. ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS go down with the right stick to shoot. Aim which direction you want to turn with the left stick

2. Shimmy shots are your best friend instead of a regular turn around

3. giving a fake spin is far more effective than a fake drive due to the fact fake drive will actually step you further away from the basket and cause a horrible animation

4. drop-steps draw a ton of fouls and have a decent success rate even if you're a horrible shooter rating wise

5. face up into a pump fake is very ineffective as the cpu rarely falls for pump fakes

6. you don't have to shoot.

the reason youre controls are causing misses is because they added a left/right aim on the shot stick for how far off of a straight line up/down it is moved, so doing post shots the old way will cause major accuracy issues because you moved the shotstick horribly down/up