Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   QB Spy 101 (/forums/showthread.php?t=89435)

m12x13adass 07-23-2004 07:00 PM

QB Spy 101

Love4NFL2K5 from ESPNVideogames forum wrote:

It(QB spy) does work. I don't think you guy realize how it's supposed to work.

1. It only works for guys that are in zone coverage. Duh! How can you spy using a defender in man coverage.

2. When you "spy" you are supposed shadow the movement of the qb. You adjust your normal responsiblity, but you don't just leave it... Until...

3. If the QB breaks the pocket or breaks containment, you go get him.

Spying is basically an alert - don't expect it shut down scramblers - it's supposed to help and it certainly does.

So if you aren't spying with free safety or an inside linebacker, you better be sure that the QB is going to scramble to your side.

Brandwin 07-23-2004 07:20 PM

Re: QB Spy 101

Thing is...even when I tried to use it..when the QB took off, still doesnt seem like it works, at least not like it should as I could still gain a lot of yards running with the QB. Ill try some more later.

m12x13adass 07-23-2004 07:37 PM

Hm.... It works for me every single time. No online vick/mcnabsters has rushed for more than 30 total yards against me. I zoned and activated qb spy and when vick/mcnabb ran out of the pocket my lbs started to shadow him without leaving their responsibilities until they were sure he was gonna run and they ran him down.

TecmoBowl 07-23-2004 07:38 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
m12x13adass said:
Hm.... It works for me every single time. No online vick/mcnabsters has rushed for more than 30 total yards against me. I zoned and activated qb spy and when vick/mcnabb ran out of the pocket my lbs started to shadow him without leaving their responsibilities until they were sure he was gonna run and they ran him down.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
But how much different is that than playing normal zone? Can you notice a difference?

m12x13adass 07-23-2004 07:43 PM

You don't really notice a big difference until you play against those scrambling types. Then It'll becomes obvious imo.

newsguy 07-23-2004 07:43 PM

^^^ True, it sounds like they're pjust playing their zone. Besides, every other feature like blitz gives you a visual icon and QB spy doesn't.

mrwilt 07-23-2004 07:52 PM

newsguy said:
^^^ True, it sounds like they're pjust playing their zone. Besides, every other feature like blitz gives you a visual icon and QB spy doesn't.

Hence the word "spy".

TecmoBowl 07-23-2004 07:54 PM

mrwilt said:
newsguy said:

Hence the word "spy".

Umm no. I think one could tell if your defender is spying the QB. Lack of visual cue seems to suggest this feature does not work.