Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Manager (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Football Manager 2017: Early Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=896268)

Steve_OS 11-04-2016 06:50 PM

Football Manager 2017: Early Impressions

Football Manager 2017 officially releases today (Nov. 04), and we've been getting our hands on it in anticipation of a review. Until we come to a definitive conclusion, we're going to spend a little extra time evaluating it. I've got some early impressions to tide you over, but keep in mind these are based on the beta version of the game, which was playable for those who pre-purchased via select outlets.

Read More - Football Manager 2017: Early Impressions (Written by: Fraser Gilbert)

Fabric 11-04-2016 10:02 PM

I'm liking what I have heard so far. I have been playing Football Manager on and off for 10 years now, but decided to skip FM16 due to a lack of time while finishing uni. But I fully expect to pick up FM17 in the coming weeks and am excited to immerse myself in the FM experience again; especially since I have decided to forgo both FIFA17 and PES2017 because of their severely lacking CM!

The Yurpman 11-06-2016 10:57 PM

This game is amazing, as always. The match engine is much, much better then before. I agree that I could do without the "fake Twitter" stuff. After playing about 40 hours so far (beta and full version) the Twitter thing gets quite old, fast. Other then that I can't think of anything else that needs "fixing". Great game

Leon 11-08-2016 01:48 AM

Re: Football Manager 2017: Early Impressions

Haven't bought FM since the 2014 edition since I like skipping years in between editions. The Steam reviews are pretty surprising because of all the negativity, but I'd like to know more from users on here if the negativity is valid.

gopher_guy 11-08-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2048565972)
Haven't bought FM since the 2014 edition since I like skipping years in between editions. The Steam reviews are pretty surprising because of all the negativity, but I'd like to know more from users on here if the negativity is valid.

If you are coming from FM14, the match engine will be a LARGE step forward for you. I think it's gotten a ton better just from last year.

I also like the idea of the new transfer system where you can promise things, and players mull it over, creating the "transfer saga" type thing we see in the real world.

I don't know what all the negativity is for, but I'm really enjoying 17 so far. If you enjoy the series, and haven't bought since 14, I'd say it's a definite purchase.

ImTellinTim 11-15-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2048565972)

I wouldn't put much stock into those. People bitch about the game every year when things don't go right immediately in their first save.

gopher_guy 11-26-2016 10:49 AM

I love how they added in the option for your captain to talk to disgruntled players. In my experience, when I have players complain about playing time, having the captain talk to them appeases the player more often than not. It's a welcome addition.

I enjoy it, because I imagine Hugo Lloris slapping Kieran Trippier upside the head and saying "Are you mental? Of course you're not going to get regular league starts ahead of Kyle Walker. Take your Cup starts and shut the **** up!"