Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   If you control all 32 teams to avoid the trade problem (/forums/showthread.php?t=89648)

nyg21 07-25-2004 09:36 AM

If you control all 32 teams to avoid the trade problem

then you have no control over the draft. You would have to either draft for all 32 teams or let the CPU simulate the entire draft. You do however, have control over signing your individual draft picks that the CPU made for you. I love the game, but the game needs to improve upon its franchise features.

Heelfan71 07-25-2004 09:44 AM

Re: If you control all 32 teams to avoid the trade problem

I am 7 weeks into the season and have had 1 trade. Turn off weekly prep, I think that has something to do with it.

blueduke 07-25-2004 09:46 AM

I tried controlling all the teams to avoid the trade bug but I must have done something wrong as I still see trades I didn't make along with free agent signings (I have preseason and weekly prop turned to off). Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

nyg21 07-25-2004 09:46 AM

Ok. I'll try that to see what happens. Thanks.

Gary Armida 07-25-2004 11:54 AM

I am in week 9 of my franchise and only had two inconsequential trades, both involving backup linemen. I have weekly prep on and only control my team (Green Bay). I think what people are probably seeing is the AI reacting to cap problems. For instance, GB is so close to the cap that the AI makes the unlikely choice to cut Favre the second year or trade Manning b/c of cap reasons. Yes, the players being moved is unrealistic, but the rationale is something the NFL sees more of every year ala Eddie George being released from the Titans. If the game did that, wouldn't we all think that was crazy? Yes, from what other people say the trades are off, but I don't think they are that off. Maybe year two of my franchise will show this, but I actually play all of my games so I won't know for another week or two. Enjoy the game. We gamers have great choices (believe me, it wasn't always like this--those of us with Atari and Colecovision(SP?) know this) and I can't wait to see the competition either.

dubplate 07-25-2004 11:57 AM

Do what Heelfan does and save often. If you see a trade you don't like you can always load from your last save point.